TOWER T17025 1.5 Litre Air Fryer Instruction Manual
SAFETY AND INSTRUCTION MANUAL
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
*Subject to registering your Extended Guarantee online at www.towerhousewares.co.uk.
GREAT BRITISH DESIGN, INNOVATION AND EXCELLENCE SINCE 1912
for more fantastic products.
Thank you for purchasing this appliance from the Tower range.
Please read this manual carefully BEFORE using the appliance for your own safety.
It has been designed to provide many years of trouble-free use.
There are many benefits to using a Tower air fryer:
- Simple to use controls for cooking quick, healthy meals.
- 1.5L frying capacity.
- Rapid air circulation system cooks food fast and saves energy.
- A healthy way to fry food without oil and cut back on fat.
- Air fried food retains its nutritional value, but still has the taste of delicious fried food.
Call us first, we can help.
With advice, spares and returns.
Visit our website:
Call:+44 (0)333 220 6066
(8.30arn to 6.00 pm Monday-Friday)
See back page for Customer Service Information.
Structure of your appliance:
||5. Basket release button
7. The basket handle
8. Air outlet (rear)
|1.5L Air Fryer
220 – 240V ~ 50/60Hz
We declare that this product conforms to the following product legislation in accordance with the following directive(s):
|Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive.
Low Voltage Directive.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.
Materials & Articles in Contact With Food (LFGB section 30 & 31).
RK Wholesale LTD Quality Assurance, United Kingdom.
Should you encounter problems or require a replacement part, contact the Tower Customer Support Team: +44 (0) 333 220 6066.
Some spare parts may be ordered from the Tower website. Your warranty becomes void should you decide to use non-Tower spare parts. Spare parts can be purchased from www.towerhousewares.co.uk
Guarantee for spare parts:
The spares and accessories are guaranteed for 1 year from the date of purchase. The main body and housing are guaranteed for the extended free warranty subject to registration.
If any defect arises due to faulty materials or workmanship, the faulty products must be returned to the place of purchase within 12 months from the date of purchase. Refund or replacement is at the discretion of the retailer.
Important Safety Information:
Please read these notes carefully BEFORE using your Tower appliance
- Check that the voltage of the main circuit corresponds with the rating of the appliance before operating.
- If the supply cord or appliance is damaged, stop using the appliance immediately and seek advice from the manufacturer, its service agent or a similarly qualified person.
- WARNING: DO NOT LET THE CORD HANG OVER THE EDGE OF A TABLE OR COUNTER, SERIOUS BURNS MAY RESULT FROM THE AIR FRYER BEING PULLED OFF THE COUNTER WHERE IT MAY BE GRABBED BY CHILDREN OR BECOME ENTANGLED WITH THE USER.
- The use of accessory attachments is not recommended by the appliance manufacturer apart from those supplied with this product. DO NOT use extension cords with the appliance.
- DO NOT carry the appliance by the power cord.
- DO NOT pull the plug out by the cord as this may damage the plug and/or the cable.
- Switch off at the wall socket then remove the plug from the socket when not in use or before cleaning.
- WARNING! This appliance is not intended to be operated by means of an external timer or separate remote control system. DO NOT connect the appliance to them.
- Switch off and unplug before fitting or removing tools/attachments, after use and before cleaning.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Children should not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is for household use only.
- This appliance can be used by children aged 16 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Cleaning and user maintenance should not be undertaken by children without supervision.
- Take care when any appliance is used near pets.
- DO NOT use this product for anything other than its intended use.
- This appliance includes a heating function. Please ensure that the appliance is used on a stable, level, and heat resistant surface.
- DO NOT immerse cords, plugs or any part of the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- DO NOT use the appliance outdoors.
- DO NOT place the air fryer on or near combustible materials such as a tablecloth or curtain.
- DO NOT place the air fryer against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 10cm free space on the back and sides and 10cm free space above the appliance.
- Allow the air fryer to cool down for approx. 30 minutes before you handle or clean it.
- Make sure the food prepared in the air fryer comes out golden-yellow instead of dark brown. Remove burnt remnants.
- During air frying, hot steam is released through the air outlet openings. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the steam and from the air outlet openings.
- Hot steam and air may escape when you remove the food basket from the air fryer.
- Any baking trays or oven dishes used in the air fryer will become hot. Always use oven gloves when handling or removing anything from the air fryer.
- WARNING: DO NOT FILL THE AIR FRYER FOOD BASKET WITH OIL AS THIS MAY CAUSE A FIRE HAZARD.
- Always put ingredients to be fried in the basket.
- DO NOT place anything on top of the air fryer.
- In the unlikely event, the appliance develops a fault, stop using it immediately and seek advice from the Customer Support Team: +44 (0) 333 220 6066
Before First Use
- Remove your appliance from the packaging.
- Check that there is no damage to the cord or any visible damage to the body.
- Dispose of the packaging in a responsible manner.
- Remove any stickers or labels from the appliance
- Thoroughly clean the basket and pan with hot water, some washing-up liquid and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Wipe the inside and outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
- Do not fill the pan with oil or frying fat. This is an oil-free fryer that works on hot air.
Note: This appliance uses very little oil or no oil.
Using Your Appliance
Automatic Switch Off:
- The Tower air fryer has a built-in timer, which will automatically shut down the air fryer when the timer reaches zero. You can manually switch off the unit off by turning the timer dial anti-clockwise to 0.
Air Fryer Drawer Safety Switch:
- For your safety, this air fryer contains a safety switch in the drawer designed to keep it from accidentally turning on when the frying basket and drawer are not properly situated inside the appliance, whilst the timer is not set. To use the air fryer, please ensure the basket is correctly fitted inside of the drawer, the drawer is fully closed and the cooking timer has been set.
Removing The Frying Basket:
- The pan and frying basket can both be removed fully from the air fryer. Pull on the handle to slide the pan and frying basket out of the air fryer. There is a small button on the top of the handle. Push it down and lift it upwards to remove the frying basket from the pan.
Preparing For Use:
- Place the appliance on a stable, horizontal and even surface. DO NOT place the appliance on a non-heat resistant surface.
- Place the basket in the pan.
- Pull the cord from the storage compartment located on the bottom of the appliance.
- Do not fill the pan with oil or any other liquid.
- Do not put anything on top of the appliance, as it will disrupt the airflow and affect your cooking results.
- Connect the mains plug into an earthed wall socket.
- Carefully pull the pan out of the air fryer.
- Put the ingredients in the basket.
- Slide the pan back into the air fryer, making sure to carefully align it with the guides in the body of the fryer.
- Never use the pan without the basket in it.
Caution: Do not touch the pan immediately after use, as it gets very hot. Allow plenty of time for it to cool. Only hold the pan by the handle.
- Determine the required preparation time for your ingredients (refer to the `Settings’ section below for more information on how to do this.)
- Turn the timer dial to the required preparation time to turn on the appliance.
- Turn the temperature control dial to the required temperature. Refer to the `Settings’ section below for more information on how to determine the right temperature. Add 3 minutes to the preparation time when the appliance is cold.
Note: If you wish, you can also let the appliance pre-heat (but not cook) without any ingredients inside. To do this, turn the timer dial to a time longer than 3 minutes and wait until the heating-up light goes out (after approximately 3 minutes). Once the light goes out, fill the basket and turn the timer dial to the required preparation time.
a. The timer will start counting down the set preparation time.
b. During the hot air frying process, the working light will come on and go out from time to time. This indicates that the heating element is being switched on and off to maintain the set temperature.
c. Excess oil from the ingredients is collected on the bottom of the pan.
- Some ingredients require shaking halfway through the preparation time (refer to the `Settings’ section below for more information.) To shake the ingredients, pull the pan out of the appliance by the handle and shake it. Then slide the pan back into the fryer. Caution: Be careful not to press the button on the handle (basket release) during shaking.
Tip: To reduce the weight, you can remove the basket from the pan and shake it individually. To do this, pull the pan out of the appliance, place it on a heat-resistant surface, press the button on the handle and lift the basket out of the pan. If you set the timer to half the preparation time, the timer bell will sound to indicate when you have to shake the ingredients. However, you will then have to set the timer again to the remaining preparation time.
- When you hear the timer bell, the set preparation time has elapsed. Pull the pan out of the appliance and place it on a suitable work surface.
Note: You can also switch off the appliance manually. To do this, turn the timer control dial to 0.
- Check if the ingredients are ready. If the ingredients are not ready yet, simply slide the pan back into the appliance and set the timer to a few extra minutes.
- To remove ingredients (e.g. fries), pull the pan out of the air fryer and place it on a suitable surface, then press the basket release button and lift the basket out of the pan. Do not turn the basket upside down with the pan still attached to it, as any excess oil that has collected on the bottom of the pan will leak onto the ingredients. Both the pan and ingredients will be very hot. Depending on the type of ingredients in the fryer, steam may escape from the pan so care is needed.
- Empty the basket into a bowl or onto a plate.
Tip: To remove large or fragile ingredients, lift the ingredients out of the basket with a pair of tongs.
- When a batch of ingredients is ready, the air fryer is instantly ready for preparing another batch.
The air fryer has a 30-minute manual timer with a bell. Turn the timer dial to set the required cooking time. A bell will sound to indicate cooking has finished.
The table on the next page will help you select the basic settings for a variety of common ingredients.
Note: Keep in mind that these settings are indications. As ingredients differ in origin, size, shape and brand, we cannot guarantee the best settings for your ingredients. Because the Rapid Air technology instantly reheats the air inside the appliance, pulling the pan briefly out of the appliance during frying barely disturbs the process.
- The preparation time will depend on the size of your ingredients. Smaller sizes may require a shorter cooking time.
- Shaking smaller ingredients halfway during the cooking time optimizes the end result and can help prevent unevenly fried ingredients.
- Add some oil to fresh potatoes for a crispy result. Fry your ingredients in the air fryer within a few minutes after you added the oil.
- Be cautious of using extremely greasy ingredients such as sausages in the air fryer.
- Snacks that can be prepared in an oven can also be prepared in the air fryer
- The optimal amount for preparing crispy fries is 300 grams.
- Use the pre-made dough to prepare filled snacks quickly and easily. The pre-made dough also requires a shorter preparation time than home-made dough.
- Place a baking tin or oven dish in the air fryer basket if you want to bake a cake or quiche, or if you want to fry fragile ingredients or filler ingredients.
- You can also use the air fryer to reheat ingredients. To reheat ingredients, set the temperature to 150°C for up to 10 minutes.
|Food Type||Min – Max (g)||Time (min)||Temp (°C)||Shake||Remark|
|Potato & fries|
|Thin frozen fries||100-300||18-20||200||shake|
|Thick frozen fries||100-300||20-25||200||shake|
|Meat & Poultry|
|Spring rolls||100-250||8-10||200||shake||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen chicken nuggets||100-300||6-10||200||shake||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen fish fingers||100-300||6-10||200||Use oven-ready|
|Frozen breadcrumbed cheese snacks||100-300||8-10||180||Use oven-ready|
|Cake||400||20-25||160||Use baking tin|
|Quiche||400||20-22||180||Use baking tin/ oven dish|
|Muffins||300||15-18||200||Use baking tin|
|Sweet snacks||400||20||160||Use baking tin/||oven dish|
|How long should I leave
the air fryer to cool before storing it?
|We recommend leaving the air fryer for 30-45 minutes to cool before|
|My homemade fries are not crispy enough.||Ensure that the fries are completely dry before adding oil to them and putting them in the air fryer.
Try cutting the potatoes into thinner, smaller fries and adding slightly more oil for a crispier result.
|The food basket will not fit in place correctly.||You may have placed too many ingredients in the food basket. Make sure you do not fill the food basket beyond the maximum fill line.|
|My food has not been cooked uniformly.||The food may not be cut uniformly. Make sure everything is cut to the same shape and size for good, even cooking.|
|How much cooking oil do I need to use?||Frozen part fried foods require no added oils.|
|White smoke is coming out of the air fryer.||This is normal if you are preparing greasy ingredients because a large number of oil leaks into the food basket. This does not affect the appliance or the end result.|
|The air fryer will not turn on after it’s been plugged in?||For your safety, this air fryer contains a safety switch designed to keep if from accidentally turning on when the food basket is not properly situated inside the appliance and when the timer is not set. To use the air fryer, please ensure that the food basket is the inside of the appliance and that it is fully closed once the cooking timer has been set.|
DISPOSAL OF THE UNIT
Appliances bearing the symbol shown here may not be disposed of in domestic rubbish. You are required to dispose of old electrical and electronic appliances like this separately. Please visit www.recycle-more.co.uk or www.recyclenow.co.uk for access to information about the recycling of electrical items.
Please visit www.weeeireland.ie for access to information about the recycling of electrical items purchased in Ireland.
The WEEE directive, introduced in August 2006, states that all electrical items must be recycled, rather than taken to landfills.
Please arrange to take this appliance to your local Civic Amenity site for recycling, once it has reached the end of its life.
Cleaning and Care
WARNING! DO NOT IMMERSE THE APPLIANCE IN WATER OR ANY OTHER LIQUID.
- Clean the appliance after every use.
Cleaning the pan and the non-stick coating basket:
- Do not use metal kitchen utensils or abrasive cleaning materials to clean the pan or basket, as this may damage the non-stick coating.
- Remove the mains plug from the wall socket and let the appliance cool down.
Note: Remove the pan to let the air fryer cool down quicker.
- Wipe the outside of the appliance with a moist cloth.
- Clean the pan and basket with hot water, some washing-up liquid, and a non-abrasive sponge.
- You can use degreasing liquid to remove any remaining dirt.
Note: the pan and basket are hand-wash only. DO NOT place any part of this appliance in the dishwasher.
Tip: If dirt is stuck to the basket or the bottom of the pan, fill the pan with hot water and a touch of washing-up liquid. Put the basket in the pan and let the pan and the basket soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Clean the inside of the appliance with hot water and a non-abrasive sponge.
- Clean the heating element with a cleaning brush to remove any food residues.
To store your appliance:
- .Ensure that the appliance is cool, clean, and dry before you store it.
- Store the appliance in a cool and dry place.
Wiring Safety for UK Use Only
As the colours in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with the coloured markings identifying the terminals in your plug, please proceed as follows:
The wires in the mains lead are labelled in accordance with the following code:
Blue neutral [N] Brown live [L] Green/Yellow [EARTH]
Plug Fitting Details (Where Applicable). The wire labeled blue is neutral and must be connected to the terminal marked [N].
The wire labelled brown is the live wire and must be connected to the terminal marked [L].
The wire labelled green/yellow must be connected to the terminal marked with the letter [E].
On no account must either the brown or the blue wire be connected to the [EARTH] terminal.
Always ensure that the cord grip is fastened correctly.
The plug must be fitted with a fuse of the same rating already fitted and conforming to BS 1362 and be ASTA approved.
If in doubt consult a qualified electrician who will be pleased to do this for you.
Non-Rewireable Mains Plug
If your appliance is supplied with a non-rewireable plug fitted to the mains lead and should the fuse need replacing, you must use an ASTA-approved one (conforming to BS 1362 of the same rating).
If in doubt, consult a qualified electrician who will be pleased to do this for you.
If you need to remove the plug – disconnect it from the mains – then cut it off of the mains lead and immediately dispose of it in a safe manner. Never attempt to reuse the plug or insert it into a socket outlet as there is a danger of an electric shock.
This appliance MUST be earthed!
As a thank you for purchasing one of our fantastic products, we are offering you an extra 2 years of peace of mind in addition to your 1-year guarantee.
To receive your extra 2-year guarantee, register your appliance online within 28 days of purchase by visiting www.towerhousewares.co.uk
This product is guaranteed for 12 months from the date of original purchase. If any defect arises due to faulty materials or workmanship, the faulty products must be returned to the place of purchase.
Refund or replacement is at the discretion of the retailer.
The Following Conditions Apply:
- The product must be returned to the retailer with proof of purchase or a receipt.
- The product must be installed and used in accordance with the instructions contained in this instruction guide.
- It must be used only for domestic purposes.
- It does not cover wear and tear, damage, misuse, or consumable parts.
- Tower has limited liability for incidental or consequential loss or damage.
This guarantee is valid in the UK and Eire only.
The standard one-year guarantee is only extended to the maximum available for each particular product upon registration of the product within 28 days of purchase. If you do not register the product with us within the 28 day period, your product is guaranteed for 1 year only.
To validate your extended warranty, please visit www.towerhousewares.co.uk and register with us online.
Please note that the length of the extended warranty offered is dependent on product type and that each qualifying product needs to be registered individually in order to extend its warranty past the standard 1 year.
Extended warranty is only valid with proof of purchase or receipt.
Weights and Measures
Check these charts for basic imperial to metric conversions of weights.
|250ml||8 floz||1 cup|
|180ml||6 fl oz||3/4 cup|
|150ml||5 floz||2/3 cup|
|120ml||4 floz||1/2 cup|
|75ml||2 1/2 floz||1/3 cup|
|60ml||2 floz||1/4 cup|
|30ml||1 floz||1/8 cup|
|15ml||1/2 floz||1 tablespoon|
Important Note: Some of the recipes contained in this document may contain nuts and/or other allergens. Please be careful when making any of our sample recipes that you ARE NOT allergic to any of the ingredients. For more information on allergies, please visit the Food Standards Agency’s website at: www.food.gov.uk
Recipes for use with the T17025 1.5L Air Fryer.
For more great recipes and inspiration from the Tower Kitchen, visit www.towerhousewares.co.uk/blog
2 large potatoes
½ tbsp. paprika
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 tbsp. sunflower oil
Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffin
1 free-range egg
1 strip of bacon
1 English muffin
Cheese to slice
Pinch of pepper and salt to
1. Crack the egg into a small ramekin or oven-proof dish.
2. Cut the English muffin in half and layer cheese on one half.
3. Place the muffin, bacon, and egg (in the ramekin) into the air fryer food basket.
4. Turn the air fryer to 200° C for 6 minutes.
5. Once it’s cooked, assemble your breakfast muffin and enjoy.
Tip: Try adding some mustard to the muffin for extra flavor.
Prosciutto and Mozzarella Sandwich
2 slices of bread
2 slices of prosciutto
2 slices of tomato
2 slices of mozzarella cheese
2 basil leaves
½ pinch of salt & pepper
1 tsp. of olive oil
Your Own Recipes: ____________________________
We hope you enjoy your appliance for many years. As a thank you for purchasing one of our fantastic products, we are offering you an extra 2 years peace of mind.
*To receive your extra 2 years guarantee, register your appliance online within 28 days of purchase by visiting: www.towerhousewares.co.uk
Should you have a problem with your appliance, or need any spare parts, please call our Customer Support Team on +44 (0) 333 220 6066
Your warranty becomes void should you decide to use non-Tower spare parts.
Spare parts can be purchased from www.towerhousewares.co.uk
great British design, innovation, and excellence since 1912
How long does it take to preheat to 180c?
Preheat for 5 minutes then put the food in and set the timer.
Can i cook bacon?
Yes, air frying is a great way to cook small amounts (4-6 slices) quickly.
do you need oil or spray?
Yes, you either need to brush/marinade with your chosen oil – or use one of the sprays which Work fine
Is there a cook book with it?
Not really. They tell you how long to cook various foods but that is it. The capacity is minuscule. You need to be a very light eater if you are cooking chips for example
How does this differ from an halogen oven?
Halogen ovens use radiation energy to directly heat up everything in its path while air fryers use convection which heats food from a moving heat source. Similar but different styles. An air Fryer crisps food nicely like it’s been fried while a halogen oven is more of a roasting ability.
A separate rack doesn’t come with this?
A separate rack doesn’t come with this model. I’m not sure if one can be purchased.
Can you cook fish and prawns ie fish fingers , fish in coating etc .?
You can do steak, pork chops, chips, hamburger, sausage rolls, frozen fish fingers, frozen chicken nuggets. No mention of fish.
How easy is it to cook chicken breasts in tbis.ta?
as long as it fits in the bin they will cook nice normally on 25 mins 200 heat flip them over after 15 mins
Does the cooking area turn?
No there is a fixed small grill Inside but it does not turn. The larger model has a movable basket Inside.
is it a small compact machine?
It’s a descent side but not really compact like the size of a cook pot little bit bigger but does the job
Are these any good for home made chips?
Yes -but it’s a faff on par boiling them for 10mins and drying them and then cooking for 20mins and afterwards cleaning pan and air fryer basket -if you can put up with this the results are good .I only did this a few times and then went back to oven chips using Mccains gastro-much easier and just as good
Where is this item manufactured?
This item is made where everything else seems to be made these days in China.
Do you have a larger version that 1.5l?
Yes you get larger air fryers
Weight of appliance?
Lightweight. It’s a great air fryer for the money.