TruMedic InstaShiatsu+ Foot Massager [IS-4000i] Instruction Manual
CAUTION: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read all instructions before using this household appliance.
NOTE: When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
to reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
- Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never operate the appliance with the air openings blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair, and the like. Never operate on a soft surface such as a bed or couch where the air openings may be blocked.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not use massager in close proximity to loose clothing or jewelry.
- Keep long hair away from massager while in use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
PLEASE READ AND OBSERVE ALL SAFETY WARNINGS BEFORE USE AND KEEP THIS INSTRUCTION GUIDE HANDY
NOTICE: This unit delivers a range of massage pressures from MILD to VERY STRONG. Always begin using the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager on the LOW INTENSITY setting in MODE 1 (denoted by the steady blue LED surrounding the MASSAGE MODE and MASSAGE INTENSITY buttons respectively as shown on pages 9 to 10). If the pressure begins to feel too intense, please immediately press the power button to release the pressure.
- Do not stand up in the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager.
- Do not operate your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager in wet environments, such as near swimming
pools or in bathrooms.
- Do not operate your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager in dusty or dirty environments.
- Do not operate your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager outdoors.
- Keep the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager away from heat sources such as electric stoves, radiators,
or space heaters.
- Do not place the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager in direct sunlight or store it in a hot environment
- Only use the provided power source with the correct voltage.
- Do not operate truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager if the plug, outlet, or power chord is damaged
- Your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager has an automatic thermal protection feature. If the unit becomes overheated with use, it will shut off to prevent internal damage. Unplug the unit and wait for it to cool down before attempting to use.
- The heat function can cause the unit to become hot. Exercise caution when using the heat function, and allow the unit to completely cool between uses.
- Keep sharp objects away from the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager. If the cloth foot covers become damaged, stop using the unit and contact truMedic® for service.
- Do not cover the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager with blankets or other coverings when in use. This may cause the unit to overheat.
- Do not allow the unit to become wet, and do not operate the unit with wet hands or feet.
- Do not attempt to repair your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager or use any spare parts that were not provided by truMedic®. If your unit is broken, contact truMedic® for service.
- Do not insert any foreign objects into the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager.
- Do not carry the unit by the power chord or foot inserts.
- Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager if the air openings are blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint, hair and other foreign objects.
- Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager where aerosol products are being used or oxygen is being administered.
CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT.
- The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is not intended for use by individuals with certain medical conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, cerebral arteriosclerosis, cerebral thrombosis, malignant tumors or osteoporosis. Please consult your medical professional if you have any of the above or similar conditions prior to using this device.
- The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is intended for use for 15 minutes per session. Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager for more than 30 minutes. Do not
use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager while sleeping.
- Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager while under the influence of alcohol.
- The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is not intended for use by children or people with reduced physical, mental, or sensory capabilities. Such individuals should only use the unit under careful supervision or with doctor’s permission.
- The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager should not be used by individuals with pacemakers or other implanted medical devices.
- Do not allow children to play with the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager , and keep it out of reach of children when not in use.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager, stop using the unit immediately by pressing the power button.
- The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is not a medical device and is not intended to treat any specific illness or ailment. For proper medical care, contact your healthcare provider or a medical professional.
- Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Massager if you have been previously treated for an injury or sickness, currently receiving medical care or have joint dysfunction including rheumatism.
INCLUDED IN BOX
- truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+
- A/C Adapter
*Photos and drawings are for illustrative purposes only.
The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager allows you to enjoy a professional shiatsu
foot massage anyway you like. The ergonomic and unique design perfectly complements
your foot structure and provides a relaxing, enjoyable foot massage. In keeping with
eastern massage principles, this unit has three intensity settings, ranging from mild to
VERY STRONG. Please be cautious in choosing the mode best suited to your tolerance for
massage and start with the lower strength settings until accustomed to the sensation.
The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager has a circuit protection device to prevent
overheating, as well as current-overload protection.
- Plug the unit into a wall outlet for power. The unit will be in “Ready Mode” and the power button
LED will light up.
- Press the power button to start using the unit. The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager
is intended for use for 15 minutes per session. Do not use the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot
Massager for more than 30 minutes in a single session.
- Use the Mode button to select a massage mode. The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager features three intelligent massage modes:
- Press the Massage Mode button once to enter
Mode 1, indicated with a blue light. Mode 1 is a
rolling foot massage and mild air pressure.
- Press the Massage Mode button a second time
to enter Mode 2, indicated with a red light. Mode
2 is a rolling foot massage with more frequent
use of air pressure.
- Press the Massage Mode button a third time to
enter Mode 3, indicated with alternating red and
blue lights. Mode 3 uses frequent air pressure
and very little usage of the rolling massagers.
- Press the heat button to turn the heat function on or off. The unit will automatically start the
heating function when the Power button is pressed and is indicated by a blue light. Press the heat
button to deactivate heating function
Use the intensity button to adjust the intensity of the air compression function. When the
truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is powered on, the air compression function will
automatically default to low intensity, indicated with a blue light. Press the intensity button to
enter medium intensity, indicated with a green light. Press the intensity button once more to
enter high intensity, indicated with a red light.
• The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager has an operating time of 15 minutes, and will
automatically shut down after each session
Caring for your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager
- Ensure the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager is powered off and unplugged from the
power source before cleaning.
- Do not use corrosive or abrasive cleaners. Use a dry cloth to clean the surface of the truMedic®
InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager.
- Do not store your truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager in hot, damp, or humid environments.
Keep your unit in the box when not in use, and store it in a cool, dry place.
Product Name: truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager
Product Model: IS-4000i
Rated Voltage: 12V
Rated Power: 36W
Rated Duration for Use: 15 minutes per session
Problem: The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager does not function..
Solution: Ensure the unit is properly plugged into an appropriate outlet and turned on. If the unit lights
up, but the massager does not function, contact truMedic® for service.
Problem: The truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+ Foot Massager suddenly powers off.
Solution: Check to ensure the unit is plugged in and powered on.
Solution: Time limit has been reached. The unit will automatically power off after 15 minutes of use.
Solution: The unit has overheated and the temperature protection feature has shut off the unit. Wait
until the unit has cooled completely before resuming use.
Solution: Too much force has been applied to the massaging parts inside the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+
Foot Massager. Make sure to keep your feet relaxed when inserted into the truMedic® InstaShiatsu®+
Foot Massager. Do not stand up while using the unit or cause undue force to be applied to the internal
mechanisms of the unit.
truMedic® warrants this product against defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of 6 Months from the date
of purchase by the original purchaser. In the event of a valid claim within the Warranty Period, truMedic® will repair the
defect or replace the unit at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts at its discretion. Proof of purchase is
required prior to receiving service under this warranty.
Warranty service is available by calling truMedic® service at 888.264.1766 or via email at [email protected]. Repairs/
replacements must be authorized by truMedic® before service will be provided. You are responsible for delivery and the
cost of delivery of the product to and from a truMedic® service center for replacement or repair as, per our instructions.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by failure to follow instructions, or damage caused by accident, abuse,
misuse, fire, floods, earthquake or other external causes or damage caused by unauthorized repairs.
TRUMEDIC® SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF
THIS PRODUCT, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE
LAW, TRUMEDIC® DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION,
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR
LATENT DEFECTS. IF TRUMEDIC® CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN TO THE
EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS
Some states disallow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or how long an implied warranty
lasts, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may
also have other rights, which vary from state to s
TRUCORE DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
LOCATION 252 Indian Head Rd. Kings Park, NY 11754
TEL (888) 264-1766
E-MAIL [email protected]