READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION. ONLY FOLLOW THE APPROVED INSTALLATION ACCORDING TO THESE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND INVALIDATE THE WARRANTY.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
- Remove contents from box. Verify all parts are present and free from any defects or damage.
- Make sure installation is done on a non-abrasive surface to avoid scratching the ﬂare surface.
- Verify the ﬁt of each ﬂare to the vehicle body to ensure you have the correct ﬂares for your vehicle.
- Remove existing decals and mud ﬂaps on the vehicle that may interfere with ﬂare installation.
- Do not use any harsh abrasive detergent to clean the ﬂare.
Painted ﬂares cannot be returned. Test ﬁt before painting. We are not responsible for any costs that may incur if ﬂares were painted without test ﬁtting.
- Clean surface to be painted with a good grade degreaser. Do not use lacquer thinner or any solvent based product.
- Wipe ﬂare surface completely dry with a tack rag prior to paint.
- Application of plastic adhesion promoter for PP plastic as per your paint system manufacturer’s recommendations is required.
- Use a high quality enamel or polyurethane automotive paint to paint the ﬂares.
- Not recommend to paint the edge trim, but if desired use a ﬂex additive.
Dirt or debris may become lodged between ﬂares and vehicle’s fenders causing scratching and paint wear from vehicle vibration. TYGER is not responsible for any damage, and installation is done with the buyer’s understanding that this damage may potentially occur.
- Before driving, ensure that ﬂare is properly secured to the vehicle.
- Do not use automatic “brush-style” car wash.
- Periodically check all components for tightness.
EDGE TRIM INSTALLATION
- Peel 2 inches of red backing away from one end of Edge Trim [A] .
- Apply Edge Trim over top edge of ﬂare with adhesive side contacting inside edge of ﬂare.
- Press Edge Trim into place and apply thumb pressure to ensure good adhesion, pull away red backing as you work your way around ﬂare edge in one-foot increments. (Fig 1)
NOTE: Do not stretch Edge Trim during application.
DECORATIVE RIVET INSTALLATION
- Install a Torx Bolt [B] with a Washer [C] through each of the top holes around the ﬂare and secure using a Nylock Nut [D] on the other side. Tighten using a socket wrench and the supplied Torx Bit [E]. Do not overtighten as this may damage the ﬂare. (Fig 2)
IMPORTANT: Do not drill holes to the vehicle body as rivets are decorative and fasten only to the ﬂare. Do not attempt to use the bolts to fasten ﬂare to the vehicle body.
- All exposed fasteners and bare metal should be treated with rust-resistant paint before installing ﬂares. Spray inner fender wells with undercoating after ﬂare installation.
- Modiﬁcations may be necessary to maintain a minimum 4” clearance between ﬂares and exhaust pipes. (Exhaust gases should not vent directly onto ﬂares)
- For vehicle with large tires may require lowering bump stops and/or installing steering stops to prevent tire from contacting ﬂare.
Front Passenger Side Installation
STEP 1: With a 10 mm socket wrench, remove 2 factory screws located toward front of fender well.
STEP 2: With a 10 mm socket wrench, remove 2 factory screws from factory mudguard. Then remove factory retainer from bottom of mudguard. Discard mudguard.
STEP 3: Position a supplied bracket by aligning holes in bracket with top 2 vehicle’s factory holes. With a 10 mm socket wrench, install 2 supplied Hex Screws [F].
STEP 4: Hold ﬂare in position by aligning holes in ﬂare with clip holes on the bracket. Install 2 supplied Hex Screws [F] through holes in ﬂare and into clips on bracket. Do not tighten.
STEP 5: Install 3 supplied Hex Screws [F] through holes in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory holes. Do not tighten.
STEP 6: Install 2 supplied Hex Screws [F] through holes in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory holes. Do not tighten.
STEP 7: Ensure proper ﬂare ﬁtment, then tighten all screws.
Rear Passenger Side Installation
STEP 8: With a 10 mm socket wrench, remove 1 factory screw located second from the top on the mudﬂap. Then remove factory retainer from bottom of mudﬂap. Discard mudﬂap.
STEP 9: Hold ﬂare in position, install 3 supplied Hex Screws [F] through top 3 holes in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory holes. Do not tighten.
STEP 10: Install 2 supplied Hex Screws [F] through holes in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory holes. Do not tighten.
STEP 11: Install 3 supplied Hex Screws [F] through holes in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory holes. Do not tighten.
STEP 12: Install a supplied Tuﬂok [G] through bottom rear hole in ﬂare and into vehicle’s factory hole.
STEP 13: Ensure proper ﬂare ﬁtment, then tighten all screws.
STEP 14: If needed use supplied tool [H] to trim outer edge (Fig 3) and inner edge (Fig 4) by inserting tool ends then sliding around the entire edge trims from one end to the other as shown in above pictures.
Passenger side installation is completed. (Repeat the same steps on driver side installation)