SERVICE APRÈS-VENTE :
Conair Consumer Products ULC
100 Conair Parkway, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4H 0L2
©2019 CONAIR CONSUMER PRODUCTS ULC
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical appliances, especially when children are present, basic safety precautions should
always be taken, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
KEEP AWAY FROM WATER
DANGER – Any appliance is electrically live even when the switch is off. To reduce the risk of
death by electric shock:
1. Always unplug appliance immediately after using.
2. Do not use while bathing or in the shower.
3. Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
4. Do not place in, or drop into, water or other liquids.
5. If an appliance falls into water, unplug it immediately. Do not reach into the water.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire, or injury to persons:
1. This appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. Do not pull, twist, or wrap line cord around appliance.
3. This appliance should not be used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
4. Use this appliance only for its intended use, as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not
recommended by the manufacturer.
5. Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an authorized service center for examination and repair.
6. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
7. Never use while sleeping.
8. Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
9. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
10. Unit is hot when in use. Do not let heated surface touch eyes or skin.
11. Do not place the heated unit directly on any surface while it is hot or plugged in.
12. Never block the air openings of the appliance or place on a soft surface such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep the air openings free of lint and other debris.
13. Do not use an extension cord with this appliance.
14. Do not touch hot surfaces of the appliance. Use handles or knobs.
15. Do not attempt to touch the housing of your appliance near the curl chamber, as it is hot when in use.
16. If not using the charger provided, use a charger that can provide rated charging voltage and current for charging.
17. If using another charging cable, please use one that can be charged with a charging current of 2A or more.
18. When the product is charging, do not leave it unattended. Be sure to remove the charger when it is full.
19. Do not pull the charging cable directly.
20. When the product is in use, the display temperature symbol display area flashes “E”, indicating
that the temperature sensing probe is invalid. The product should be sent to the manufacturer’s
maintenance department or a qualified professional maintenance organization for repair.
21. This product is for household use only.
22. This product is not a toy. Keep away from children.
23. Caution: Risk of fire and burns. Do not open, crush, heat above 60°C or incinerate.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Charging volt/current: DC 5V/2A(MAX)
18650 battery cell volt: 3.7V
Battery capacity: 5200mAh (2600mAh-2p)
1. Plug the USB cable into the USB port on a computer or into an adapter.
2. Charge the unit continuously for 4.5 hours before your first use. After initial charge and full
discharge, it should take another 4.5 hours to fully recharge your curler.
3. The unit may become a little warm when charging or during use. This is normal.
4. Preserving the batteries: In order to maintain the optimum capacity of the rechargeable batteries,
the curler should be recharged for 5 hours approximately every 3 months.
Before using the supplied USB charging cord, read these instructions carefully.
Rating required when connecting the USB port to a computer adapter:
Rated input voltage: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz 0.2A
Rated output: 5V DC 2A
1. For dry location use only. Do not expose to water.
2. Unit will become warm during operation.
3. Unplug USB charging cord when not in use.
1. Dry location use only. Do not expose to liquids, vapor, or rain.
2. If using a USB power adapter, be sure the micro USB input is plugged into the unit before plugging
the USB charging cord into the adapter and outlet.
3. Do not operate any appliance that has a damaged output cord or housing.
4. Always unplug the unit before cleaning or when not in use.
5. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or
instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
6. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
This curler has a built-in rechargeable battery. Do not burn, apply heat, charge, or use or leave in a
If your rechargeable curler does not seem to be taking a charge, follow these steps before returning
it for repair:
1. If using a USB power adapter in an electrical outlet, check to see if the outlet is working by plugging
in another appliance to test it.
2. Make sure the environment is not too cold or too hot.
3. Make sure unit is completely cool before charging.
CURLER CHARGING PRECAUTIONS
• Avoid charging the batteries at temperatures below 41°F (5° C) or above 104°F (40° C).
• Avoid charging the batteries in direct sunlight or near a radiating heat source.
• Even though the curler may not be used for an extended period of time, charge once a month
to preserve battery life.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR AUTO CURLER
Effortlessly create long-lasting beautiful curls with Unbound™ Auto Curler. Hair is automatically drawn
into the ceramic curl chamber where it is gently held and heated from all directions to effortlessly form
the curl. Then, simply release, and repeat. The result is beautiful, free-flowing curls.
• DC motor for precision styling and longer life
• Auto beep indicator
• Safety tangle feature
• 60-second heat-up
• Auto off
• Micro USB for charging
• LCD display
• Before using, fully charge the product for maximum battery performance, and always be sure to read
all the instructions.
• Press and hold ON/OFF/MODE button for 2 seconds to turn curler on. You will hear a “beep” and the
LCD display will turn on.
Note: Press and hold the ON/OFF/MODE button for 2 seconds to turn curler off. If you forget to turn it
off, it will shut itself off automatically after 15 minutes if not used.
• Press ON/OFF/MODE button to choose Temperature, Direction and Timer; press SETTING button to
scroll through options.
Temperature: 320°F, 360°F, 400°F.
Direction: Left or Right or MIX
Timer(seconds): 6s, 8s, 10s, 12s
• Once options are selected, press START to begin heat-up.
Note: Heating symbol will blink when it is heating and will stop blinking and 2 “beeps” will sound when
it reaches your temperature setting.
The styler’s three high-heat temperature settings and Instant Heat technology provide styling versatility
for all hair types. If you have fine hair, the lower temperature will produce the best results. If you have
thick, wavy or hard-to-curl hair, keep the heat setting on high. Create a variety of curls with different
combinations of heat, time, and curl direction!
CHOOSE YOUR CURL TYPE
THE CERAMIC EASY-GLIDE AUTO STYLER
The Unbound™ Auto Curler has a ceramic easy-glide coated surface. This is the newest technology.
It not only makes it simpler to clean off styling product residue, etc. after each use, but you’ll find that
hair glides easily over the coated surface of the curl chamber. The ceramic-coated surface also helps
smooth down flyaways and frizzies for added shine.
The curler evenly distributes heat so that the style you create has a salon-perfect, silky smooth,
shiny finish. And hair slips right out of the curl chamber after it’s curled.
Ceramic technology makes styling hair easier, and gives you professional results.
Never leave your styler on and unattended. However, should you fail to turn the styler off, it will shut
itself off automatically within approximately 15 minutes.
TO CURL HAIR
• Comb through to remove any tangles and divide hair into sections, no more
than ½-inch wide.
• With the opening of the curl chamber facing up, lay the section of hair across the
opening. Make sure the hair falls inside the curl chamber. Press and hold the START
button to activate the motor and draw hair into curling chamber.
• Continue holding the START button until you hear a “beep” letting you know automatic
curling is finished.
• NOTE: final “beep” matches your Timer setting. i.e. There will be eight beeps if your
setting is 8.
• To release hair, simply pull the auto curler down and away to gently release the curl.
• For curls that curl away from your face, select the “R” curl direction. Use “R” for styling the left side
of your head. Use the “L” for the right side of your head.
• For a more natural look, select MIX curl direction to alternate curls.
Before using, fully charge the product to get the best performance.
Before preparing to store your curler for a long time, fully charge it. Always be sure to charge it
at least once every three months to keep the auto curler in the best condition.
• When the product is in the charging mode, the LCD display shows the battery indicator light,
which will flash.
• When the product is fully charged and the charger is still connected, the battery indicator light
Note: LCD display will be off after removing the charger if the product is off.
• When the product is charging, other functions are disabled.
• If hair becomes blocked in the curling chamber, you will hear a continuous “beep” while the auto
curler returns to its starting position (or stops). Please release the START button to remove hair from
• When the battery is lower than the factory setting, the LCD display will flash three times and the unit
will automatically shut off.
The curler comes with added safety and energy savings:
Auto Shut-Off: If the appliance is switched to ON for more than 15 minutes, it will automatically switch
off. If you wish to continue using the appliance, press ON/OFF/MODE button for 2 seconds.
NOTE: Curl chamber will be hot to the touch.
DISPOSAL OF LITHIUM ION BATTERIES
This unit has lithium ion batteries. To protect the environment, these batteries should be removed and
properly disposed of when the unit is no longer operating. To remove the battery block for disposal or
recovery, follow these instructions:
1. First unplug the unit
2. Open the unit and remove the batteries using wire cutters
3. To protect the environment, do not dispose of your batteries
with your ordinary household waste.
For more details on recovery of materials and waste treatment facilities,
please contact the waste disposal services in your region.
Your styler is virtually maintenance free. No lubrication is needed. Keep all vents and openings clear of
dirt and dust. If cleaning becomes necessary, disconnect the unit from the power source, allow to cool
and wipe exterior with a cloth. If any abnormal condition occurs, unplug the unit, allow it to cool, and
return it for repair to an authorized service representative only. No repairs should be attempted by
NEVER allow the USB charging cord to be pulled, twisted, or severely bent. Never wrap the cord tightly
around the appliance. Damage will occur at the high flex point of entry into the appliance, causing it to
rupture and short circuit. Inspect the cord frequently for damage. Stop use immediately if damage is
visible or if unit stops or operates intermittently.
This appliance comes with a heat-resistant storage pouch for use during and after styling. During use,
do not place the appliance on any heat-sensitive surface, even when using the storage pouch provided.
After use, switch off and unplug the appliance. Immediately wrap the appliance in the storage pouch
provided and allow to fully cool down. Do not jerk or strain cord at plug connections. Do not wrap the
line cord around the appliance. Allow the cord to hang or lie loose and straight at the point of entry into
the appliance. Continue to keep it out of the reach of children, as it will remain hot for several minutes.
Store out of reach of children in a safe, dry location.
IMPORTANT! The outer satin material is not heat-resistant and the appliance should not be place on
this material while hot.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
• Do not put this product in a dishwasher or washing machine for cleaning.
• This product does not have waterproof function. When cleaning, care should be taken to prevent water
or other liquid from entering the product from the product gap or interface, resulting in short-circuit of
• Please clean up the foreign matter such as hair and dander remaining in the curl chamber after
• Please carry out cleaning, maintenance and care while ensuring that the product has
• Do not use sharp or corrosive, volatile thinner cleaners.
• Use a soft, damp cloth (a small amount of non-irritating, volatile, flammable detergent) to
clean and wipe the product. When finished, dry with a soft, dry cloth.
Everyone knows that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. But did you know that an
electric appliance is still electrically live even if the switch is off? If the plug is in, the power is on. So
when you are not using your appliances, keep them unplugged.
ALWAYS UNPLUG SMALL APPLIANCES
LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
(U.S. AND CANADA ONLY)
Conair will repair or replace, at our option, your appliance free of charge for 24 months from the date of
purchase if the appliance is defective in workmanship or materials.
To obtain service under this warranty, return the defective product to the service centre listed below together
with your sales slip and $7.50 for postage and handling. In the absence of a receipt, the warranty
period shall be 24 months from the date of manufacture.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS, OR LIABILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE 24 MONTH DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL CONAIR BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF THIS OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHATSOEVER.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from province
Conair Consumer Products ULC
100 Conair Parkway, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4H 0L2
©2019 CONAIR CONSUMER PRODUCTS ULC
For info on any Conair product
call: 1-855-926-6247 or
visit us on the web at: www.conaircanada.ca
Consumer Call Centre E-mail: