To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment. Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialized company for recycling. This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service. Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service. If the device was damaged in transit, do not install or use it and contact your dealer.
Refer to the Velleman ® Service and Quality Warranty on www.velleman.eu.
|Read and understand this manual and all safety signs before using this appliance.|
|Do not cut.|
- Keep away from children and unauthorized users.
- Protect from shocks and abuse. Avoid brute force when operating the device.
- Keep away from dust and extreme temperatures.
- Familiarise yourself with the functions of the device before actually using it.
- All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by user modifications to the device is not covered by the warranty.
- Do not damage or shorten the cable.
- Only use for its intended purpose. Using the device in an unauthorized way will void the warranty.
- Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
- Temperature range from -60 °C to 180 °C.
- Excellent dielectric qualities.
- Protects pipes, (water, fuels, etc.), faucets, filters, etc. against frost.
- May only be used directly on plastic pipes in PVC, PE-LD (Socarex ® ), PPand similar.
- Only to be used on pipes carrying liquids.
- Do not immerse in liquids.
- Use: home, industry, etc.
- The cable must always be in direct contact with the pipe.
- Never interlace the cable. Make sure to leave enough space between the coiling when installing in a spiraled pattern (see table on the last pages of this manual).
- Refer to table on the last pages of this manual when installing the cable.
- Fix the cable end onto the pipe using the included clip.
- Insert the plug into an appropriate mains socket.
- 120, 120-0 and 120-1: cable without thermostat. Disconnect the cable with an ambient temperature of +10 °C and up.
- 120-0T and 120-1T: cable with thermostat. The thermostat will automatically switch on the cable as soon as the ambient temperature drops below +3 °C, and switch off with an ambient temperature of +10 °C and up. Make sure to install the thermostat flat against the pipe. Fix it with insulation tape (e.g. PEREL article 1040-NPC). We recommend disconnecting the cable from the mains when the ambient temperature will not drop below +10 °C anymore.
- Protect the plug from condensation droplets by looping the power cord.
- Protect the cable against damage (sharp edges, rodents…).
- We recommend wrapping the cable in aluminum tape (PEREL article DTALU50) when using the cable on plastic pipes. This will ideally disperse the warmth.
Warning: Install the cable in a regular pattern when used on nonmetallic pipes.
- Apply extra insulation onto the pipe to better protect it from frost.
- When using insulation, keep in mind the following tips:
- Use only insulation made from fire-retardant PE foam.
- Never use insulation with a thickness exceeding 13 mm.
- Use the same insulation for the thermostat.
- Never connect an unwound cable to the mains.
- When the cable feels stiff, gently unwind and let it warm up before installing.
- Do not use the cable on pipes carrying liquids exceeding a temperature of 60 °C.
- Keep the cable away from flammable products to avoid fire risks.
- Always check the cable for damages before use.
power supply………………………………………… 220/240 V~, 50 Hz
IP rating ……………………………………………………………….. IP77
Use this device with original accessories only. Electro-Vela sarl cannot be held responsible in the event of damage or injury resulting from (incorrect) use of this device. For more info concerning this product and the latest version of this manual, please visit our website www.perel.eu. The information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
© COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The copyright to this manual is owned by Electro-Vela sarl. All worldwide rights reserved. No part of this manual may be copied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or otherwise without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
FROST PROTECTION TABLE
|Pipe outer Ø||A||Spiraled, space 50 mm||Cable length per meter pipe|
|10 mm||-43°C||-51°C||2 m|
|12 mm||-39°C||-51°C||2 m|
|18 mm||-33°C||-48°C||2 m|
|28 mm||-25°C||-39°C||2 m|
|32 mm||-19°C||-30°C||2 m|
|36 mm||-18°C||-25°C||2 m|
|51 mm||-14°C||-21°C||2 m|
|76 mm||-9°C||-16°C||2 m|
|102 mm||-7°C||-11°C||2 m|
|152 mm||-4°C||-6°C||2 m|
For use with plastic pipes (PVC, PE-LD, PP) only apply method A.
|Pipe outer Ø||B||Spiraled, space 50 mm||Cable length per meter pipe|
|10 mm||-45°C||-54°C||2,5 m|
|12 mm||-45°C||-54°C||2,7 m|
|18 mm||-43°C||-52°C||3 m|
|28 mm||-40°C||-50°C||3,4 m|
|32 mm||-36°C||-50°C||3,8 m|
|36 mm||-34°C||-49°C||4,1 m|
|51 mm||-33°C||-47°C||4,7 m|
|76 mm||-29°C||-43°C||5,8 m|
|102 mm||-27°C||-40°C||8 m|
|152 mm||-25°C||-38°C||10 m|
Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty
Since its foundation in 1972, Velleman® acquired extensive experience in the electronics world and currently distributes its products in over 85 countries.
All our products fulfill strict quality requirements and legal stipulations in the EU. In order to ensure the quality, our products regularly go through an extra quality check, both by an internal quality department and by specialized external organizations. If, all precautionary measures notwithstanding, problems should occur, please make an appeal to our warranty (see guarantee conditions).
General Warranty Conditions Concerning Consumer Products (for EU):
- All consumer products are subject to a 24-month warranty on production flaws and defective material as from the original date of purchase.
- Velleman® can decide to replace an article with an equivalent article or to refund the retail value totally or partially when the complaint is valid and a free repair or replacement of the article is impossible, or if the expenses are out of proportion. You will be delivered a replacing article or a refund at the value of 100% of the purchase price in case of a flaw that occurred in the first year after the date of purchase and delivery, or a replacing article at 50% of the purchase price or a refund at the value of 50% of the retail value in case of a flaw occurred in the second year after the date of purchase and delivery.
- Not covered by warranty:
– all direct or indirect damage caused after delivery to the article (e.g. by oxidation, shocks, falls, dust, dirt, humidity…), and by the article, as well as its contents (e.g. data loss),
compensation for loss of profits;
– consumable goods, parts or accessories that are subject to an aging process during normal use, such as batteries (rechargeable, non-rechargeable, built-in or replaceable),
lamps, rubber parts, drive belts… (unlimited list);
– flaws resulting from fire, water damage, lightning, accident, natural disaster, etc.…;
– flaws caused deliberately, negligently or resulting from improper handling, negligent maintenance, abusive use or use contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions;
– damage caused by a commercial, professional or collective use of the article (the warranty validity will be reduced to six (6) months when the article is used professionally);
– damage resulting from inappropriate packing and shipping of the article;
– all damage caused by modification, repair or alteration performed by a third party without written permission by Velleman®.
- Articles to be repaired must be delivered to your Velleman® dealer, solidly packed (preferably in the original packaging), and be completed with the original receipt of purchase and a clear flaw description.
- Hint: In order to save on cost and time, please reread the manual and check if the flaw is caused by obvious causes prior to presenting the article for repair. Note that returning a non-defective article can also involve handling costs.
- Repairs occurring after warranty expiration are subject toshipping costs.
- The above conditions are without prejudice to all commercial warranties. The above enumeration is subject to modification according to the article(see article’s manual).
Made in PRC
Distributed by PEREL
Legen Heirweg 33, 9890 Gavere, Belgium