velleman Power Supply User Manual
To all residents of the European Union
Important environmental information about this product
This symbol on the device or the package indicates that disposal of the device after its lifecycle could harm the environment. Do not dispose of the unit (or batteries) as unsorted municipal waste; it should be taken to a specialized company for recycling. This device should be returned to your distributor or to a local recycling service. Respect the local environmental rules.
If in doubt, contact your local waste disposal authorities.
Thank you for choosing Velleman! Please read the manual thoroughly before bringing this device into service. If the device was damaged in transit, do not install or use it and contact your dealer.
2. Safety Instructions
3. General Guidelines
Refer to the Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty on the last pages of this manual.
- Familiarise yourself with the functions of the device before actually using it.
- All modifications of the device are forbidden for safety reasons. Damage caused by user modifications to the device is not covered by the warranty.
- Only use the device for its intended purpose. Using the device in an unauthorised way will void the warranty.
- Damage caused by disregard of certain guidelines in this manual is not covered by the warranty and the dealer will not accept responsibility for any ensuing defects or problems.
- Keep this manual for future reference.
- The output will be cut off if the short-circuit occurs between the positive and the negative output terminal, which prevents power loss. The device will resume normal operation when the problem has been solved.
- This device is a large power source. The device should be well-ventilated when working at max. power in order to avoid overheating. Keep in mind that the surface of the heat sink is too hot to touch when the device is being used at max. power.
- Improper operation of the device and an excessive ambient temperature may cause certain internal components to fail. When this happens, the actual output voltage may exceed the rated output voltage. Proceed with caution when using this device and avoid unnecessary damage to the load.
Refer to the illustrations on page 2 of this manual.
- During the power-on status, the “Voltage Settings” shows the voltage value before the device powered off. When the “Button Indicates” display shows “SET”, the device is available for settings and output of device is cut off.
- Push the “up” or “down” buttons to adjust the preferred voltage value.
The maximum voltage value is 30 VDC, 60 VDC, 100 VDC.
- When the “output” button is pushed, the device is under output state.
- Push the “memory” button to enter save/recall status, the output is cut-off.
When the “Button Indicates” display shows “EP0”, push “up” or “down” to save your preferred voltage values.
- When the “Button Indicates” display shows “EP0”, push “M1”, “M2”, “M3”, “M4” or “Memory” to save the preferred voltage settings into the device memory. The “Button Indicates” display shows “E01”, “E02”, “E03”, “E04”.
- To recall the saved voltage values, just push “M1”, “M2”, “M3”, “M4” or “Memory” and recall those voltage values. The device is under output cut-off state.
- The “Button Indicates” display shows the button status when “output” is off.
If the “output” button is pushed on, the “Button Indicates” display shows the current values of output.
- The current shows the 3 decimal points in LED when the device is under current-limiting status.
6. Cleaning and Maintenance
- Disconnect the device from the mains prior to maintenance activities.
- The power supply cables must not show any damage. Have a qualified technician maintain the device.
- Wipe the device regularly with a moist, lint-free cloth. Do not use alcohol or solvents.
- There are no user-serviceable parts, apart from the fuse. Contact your dealer for spare parts if necessary.
- Store the device in a dry, well-ventilated, dust-free room.
7. Technical Specifications
Use this device with original accessories only. Velleman nv cannot be held responsible in the event of damage or injury resulting from (incorrect) use of this device. For more info concerning this product and the latest version of this manual, please visit our website www.velleman.eu. The
information in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
© COPYRIGHT NOTICE
The copyright to this manual is owned by Velleman nv. All worldwide rights reserved. No part of this manual may be copied, reproduced, translated or reduced to any electronic medium or otherwise without the prior written consent of the copyright holder.
Velleman® Service and Quality Warranty
Since its foundation in 1972, Velleman® acquired extensive experience in the electronics world and currently distributes its products in over 85 countries. All our products fulfil strict quality requirements and legal stipulations in the EU. In order to ensure the quality, our products regularly go through an extra quality check, both by an internal quality department and by specialized external organisations. If, all precautionary measures notwithstanding, problems should occur, please make appeal to our warranty (see guarantee conditions).
General Warranty Conditions Concerning Consumer Products (for EU):
- All consumer products are subject to a 24-month warranty on production flaws and defective material as from the original date of purchase.
- Velleman® can decide to replace an article with an equivalent article, or to refund the retail value totally or partially when the complaint is valid and a free repair or replacement of the article is impossible, or if the expenses are out of proportion.
You will be delivered a replacing article or a refund at the value of 100% of the purchase price in case of a flaw occurred in the first year after the date of purchase and delivery, or a replacing article at 50% of the purchase price or a refund at the value of 50% of the retail value in case of a flaw occurred in the second year after the date of purchase and delivery.
Not covered by warranty:
- all direct or indirect damage caused after delivery to the article (e.g. by oxidation, shocks, falls, dust, dirt, humidity…), and by the article, as well as its contents (e.g. data loss), compensation for loss of profits;
- consumable goods, parts or accessories that are subject to an aging process during normal use, such as batteries (rechargeable, non-rechargeable, built-in or replaceable), lamps, rubber parts, drive belts… (unlimited list);
- flaws resulting from fire, water damage, lightning, accident, natural disaster, etc.…;
- flaws caused deliberately, negligently or resulting from improper handling, negligent maintenance, abusive use or use contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions;
- damage caused by a commercial, professional or collective use of the article (the warranty validity will be reduced to six (6) months when the article is used professionally);
- damage resulting from an inappropriate packing and shipping of the article;
- all damage caused by modification, repair or alteration performed by a third party without written permission by Velleman®.
Made in PRC
Imported by Velleman nv
Legen Heirweg 33, 9890 Gavere, Belgium