VOX Guitar Amplifier Mini Superbeetle Owner’s Manual
Using the unit in the following locations can result in a malfunction.
- In direct sunlight
- Locations of extreme temperature or humidity.
- Excessively dusty or dirty locations.
- Locations of excessive vibration.
- Close to magnetic fields.
Please connect the designated AC adapter to an AC outlet of the correct voltage. Do not connect it to an AC outlet of voltage other than that for which your unit is intended.
Interference with other electrical devices
Radios and televisions placed nearby may experience reception interference.
Operate this unit at a suitable distance from radios and televisions.
To avoid breakage, do not apply excessive force to the switches or controls.
If the exterior becomes dirty, wipe it with a clean, dry cloth. Do not use liquid cleaners such as benzene or thinner, or cleaning compounds or flammable polishes.
Keep this manual
After reading this manual, please keep it for later reference.
Keeping foreign matter out of your equipment
Never set any container with liquid in it near this equipment. If liquid gets into the equipment, it could cause a breakdown, fire, or electrical shock. Be careful not to let metal objects get into the equipment. If something does slip into the equipment, unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet. Then contact your nearest VOX dealer or the store where the equipment was purchased.
* All product names and company names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
THE FCC REGULATION WARNING (for USA)
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
If items such as cables are included with this equipment, you must use those included items.
Unauthorized changes or modification to this system can void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
SUPPLIER’S DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY (for USA)
Responsible Party : KORG USA INC.
Address : 316 SOUTH SERVICE ROAD, MELVILLE, NY
Telephone : 1-631-390-6500
Equipment Type : GUITAR AMPLIFIER
Model : MSB25
This device complies with Part 15 of FCC Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Notice regarding disposal (EU only)
If this symbol is shown on the product, manual, battery, or package, you must dispose of it in the correct manner to avoid harm to human health or damage to the environment. Contact your local administrative body for details on the correct disposal method. If the battery contains heavy metals in excess of the regulated amount, a chemical symbol is displayed below the symbol on the battery or battery package.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CONSUMERS
This product has been manufactured according to strict specifications and voltage requirements that are applicable in the country in which it is intended that this product should be used. If you have purchased this product via the internet, through mail order, and/or via a telephone sale, you must verify that this product is intended to be used in the country in which you reside.
WARNING: Use of this product in any country other than that for which it is intended could be dangerous and could invalidate the manufacturer’s or distributor’s warranty.
Please also retain your receipt as proof of purchase otherwise your product may be disqualified from the manufacturer’s or distributor’s warranty
Thank you for purchasing the VOX MINI SUPERBEETLE guitar amplifier. To help you get the most out of your new instrument, please read this manual carefully.
Nutube is a new vacuum tube developed by KORG INC and Noritake Itron Corporation and that utilizes technology from vacuum fluorescent displays.
As with conventional vacuum tubes, the Nutube is constructed with an anode, grid and filament, and operates as a complete triode tube. Furthermore, it generates the response and the same rich harmonics characteristic of conventional vacuum tubes.
Part Names and Functions
Amp Head Section
- VOLUME knob: Controls the volume levels for the SPEAKER OUTPUT jack and PHONES / LINE jack.
- Power switch: When the switch is moved to the ON position, the amp turns on.
- REVERB knob: This controls the level of reverb in your sound.
- TREMOLO knob: This controls the speed of the Tremolo effect. Turn fully counter-clockwise to turn off the effect.
- BASS knob: This controls the low frequencies in your sound.
- TREBLE knob: This controls the high frequencies in your sound.
- GAIN knob: This determines the sensitivity of the preamp. Increase the volume and distortion by turning it clockwise or you can turn it anticlockwise for a quieter, cleaner sound. The GAIN control should be used in conjunction with the VOLUME to get the perfect balance between distortion and output volume.
- INPUT jack: Plug your guitar in here, ensuring you use a shielded guitar cable.
- PHONES / LINE jack: Use this jack if you want to output directly to a mixer or a recording device, or when you want to use headphones. Output level is adjusted with the VOLUME knob.
Both the IMPEDANCE and EQ switches do not affect the output from this jack.
When a plug is connected to this jack, no sound will be output from the SPEAKER OUTPUT jack.
- ECO switch: The Auto Power-Off function can be disabled by moving the switch to the OFF position.
- DC 19 V jack: Connect the included AC adapter here.
- EQ switch: You can change the tonal character of the sound by this switch.
Switch position FLAT DEEP (Factory Setting) Cabinet to be used Large cabinet Small cabinet Sound Flat Thick and warm
- IMPEDANCE switch: Use this to optimize the sound character. Ensure the impedance setting matches your speaker cabinet to ensure optimum sound quality.
Switch position 4 8 16 Impedance 4 ohm 8 ohm 16 ohm
- SPEAKER OUTPUT jacks: Connect the speaker cable to this jack. The minimum speaker’s impedance is 4ohms, and you will get approx. 50W output with 4ohms, 25W with 8ohms, and 12.5W with 16ohms load. Connect the included speaker cabinet to any of the jacks.
When two speaker cabinets are connected simultaneously, it is parallel connection. Minimum load is 4 ohms in total. When connecting the two speaker cabinets of the same load, please use a speaker cabinet of 8 ohms or more each.
This is BTL (Bridge-Tied-Load) output. This means both tip and sleeve is the signal line, and sleeve is not grounded. Only use this jack for connecting speakers to the amp. Connecting anything else may result in damages to the amp.
The VOX MINI SUPERBEETLE has a built-in protection system that prevents damage should unusual circumstances occur. If the sound cuts out for a few seconds, don’t worry, this is the amp protecting itself and your speakers.
If you find this happens, simply reduce the volume on the amp slightly.
(This protection only occurs with 16Ω speakers. 8Ω and 4Ω speakers are unaffected.)
Speaker Cabinet Section
The cabinet has been specially voiced and designed to get the most out of your VOX MINI SUPERBEETLE. Just plug into the cabinet and you’ll hear what we mean!
- Set the amp head on the frame top of the speaker cabinet.
- Turn the VOLUME knob on the amp head to the minimum position.
- Connect the supplied AC adapter to the power cord. Insert the DC plug end into the DC 19 V jack. Next, plug the power cord into an AC outlet.
Be sure you’re using an AC power outlet of the correct voltage for your unit.
Use only the supplied AC adapter. Using any other AC adapter may cause malfunctions.
- Plug the cable that’s connected to your guitar into the INPUT jack.
- Plug the speaker cable that’s connected to the speaker cabinet into SPEAKER OUTPUT jack.
Please make sure the amp is turned off when you connect the speaker cabinet.
- Turn the amp on, and slowly raise the VOLUME knob to adjust the volume
Auto power-off function
The amp has an auto power-off function. With this function, the amp is automatically turned off if there is no output for approximately 15 minutes. Switching the ECO on enables the auto power-off function, whereas switching the ECO off disables the function.
When the amp is turned off, it is not automatically turned back on. After the amp is turned off, turn it on again or turn this switch off.
When the output level is extremely low or there is very little change in the sound, the auto-power off function may be activated. In addition, depending on the setting and environment, the amp may interpret noise as input, even if the guitar is not being played.
Amp Head Section
Controller: GAIN, TREBLE, BASS, REVERB, TREMOLO, VOLUME, EQ:FLAT/DEEP, ECO:ON/OFF, IMPEDANCE:4/8/16
Input/Output Jacks: INPUT Jack × 1, SPEAKER OUTPUT Jack × 2 (6.3 mm monaural phone jack, unbalanced) PHONES / LINE Jack × 1 (6.3 mm stereo phone jack)
Vacuum tube: Nutube 6P1
Output Power: Maximum approx 50 W RMS@4 ohms, 25 W RMS@8 ohms, 12.5 W RMS@16 ohms
Speaker Cabinet Section
Speaker: 1 x 10” Custom Designed Celestion G10R
Max Input: 50 W RMS 8 Ohms
Power supply: AC adapter (DC 19 V )
Current Consumption: 3.43 A
Dimensions (W× D×H): 323 × 180 × 596 mm/12.7 × 7.09 × 23.5 inches
Weight: 8.7 kg/19.18 lbs.
Included items: AC adapter, Power cord, Speaker cable, Four cushions, Owner’s Manual