Woods Ac Cortina Silent 12K Instruction Manual
Visit our website to:
Get usage advice, updated brochures, troubleshoot and service information
Register your product for additional services: www.warranty-woods.com
CUSTOMER CARE AND SERVICE
Always use original spare parts.
When contacting our Authorised Service Centre, ensure that you have the following data available:
Model number, receipt and serial number.
The refrigerant used in portable air conditioner is the environmentally friendly hydrocarbon R290. This refrigerant is odorless, and compared to the alternative refrigerant, the R290 is an ozone-free refrigerant.
Warning / Caution-Safety information.
General information and tips.
Subject to change without notice.
WOOD’S FOR CLEAN AND HEALTHY INDOOR AIR
The brand Wood’s was born with the Wood’s family over 65 years ago in the Canadian city of Guelph, Ontario. This is where Wood’s began developing and manufacturing dehumidifiers in 1950. Since then Wood’s has helped several hundred thousand households to prevent damages from mould damp, and to breathe cleaner air. Our portable air conditioners are suitable for use in most climates, where capacity is good even at different temperatures and humidity levels. They
are used with good results in premises that become hot such as living rooms, offices or bedrooms. The amount of hot air that the air conditioner removes depends on the temperature, humidity level and placement. External weather conditions may also affect the performance of the air conditioner.
Wood’s air conditioners are safe in operation and intended for continuous use over many years.
HOW DOES THE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT WORK?
Low pressure gives cold air
The main element of the air conditioner is a coolant, which under low pressure is converted to gas. The process “creates
cold”, which is transmitted inward, while keeping the warm air out.
A liquid coolant is passed through an expansion valve and into a pipe where the pressure is low.
The coolant evaporates and turns into a gas. The process absorbs heat from the surroundings and the pipe is cooled.
A fan blows the cold air into the room. The gas is passed through a compressor, which increases the pressure and converts
the gas into liquid.
In this process, heat is released, which is led to pipes on the opposite side and blown out by a fan.
A thermostat shuts off the unit when the indoor air is cold enough.
1. SECURITY WARNINGS
Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible if an incorrect installation and use causes injuries and damages. Always keep the instructions with the appliance for future reference.
Children and vulnerable people safety
Risk of injury or permanent disability.
This appliance can be used by children aged 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Do not let children play with the appliance.
Children of less than 3 years should be kept away unless continuously supervised.
Keep all packaging away from children.
Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as: Family room, living room, staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments. The rating plate is located at the side or back of the Air Conditioner. Keep ventilation openings clear of obstruction.
Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
The appliance shall not be stored in a room with operating ignition sources (for example: open flames, an operating gas appliance or an operation electric heater. Do not pierce or burn.
Be aware that refrigerants may not contain an odour. Do not use water spray and steam to clean the appliance. Clean the appliance with a moist soft cloth. Only use neutral detergents. Do not use abrasive products, abrasive cleaning pads, solvents or metal objects.
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its Authorised Service Centre or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
Only a qualified person must install this appliance. Remove all the packaging.
Do not install or use a damaged appliance. The appliance shall be installed, operated and stored in a room with a floor area larger than 12,5 m². Obey the installation instruction supplied with the appliance.
Always be careful when you move the appliance because it is heavy.
Always wear safety gloves. Be aware that refrigerants may not contain an odour.
Make sure the air can circulate around the appliance.
Wait at least 4 hours before connecting the appliance to the power supply. This is to allow the oil to flow back in the compressor.
Do not install the appliance close to radiators or other heat sources.
Do not install the appliance where there is direct sunlight.
Risk of fire and electrical shock.
The appliance must be connected to a grounded outlet.
Make sure that the electrical information on the rating plate matches with the power supply. If not, contact an electrician.
Always use a correctly installed shockproof socket.
Do not use multi-plug adapters and extension cables.
Make sure not to cause damage to the electrical components (e.g. mains plug, mains cable).
Contact the Authorised Service Centre or an electrician to change the electrical components.
The mains cable must stay below the level of the mains plug.
Connect the mains plug to the mains socket only at the end of the installation.
Make sure that there is access to the mains plug after the installation.
Do not pull the mains cable to disconnect the appliance. Always pull at the mains plug.
Risk of injury, burns, electrical shock or fire. Do not change the specification of this appliance.
Be careful not to cause damage to the refrigerant circuit. It contains propane (R290), a natural gas with a high level of environmental compatibility. This gas is flammable.
If damage occurs to the refrigerant circuit, make sure that there are no flames and sources of ignition in the room. Ventilate the room. Do not put flammable products or items that are wet with flammable products near or on the appliance.
Risk of injury.
Disconnect the appliance from the mains supply.
Cut off the mains cable and discard it.
The refrigerant circuit of this appliance is ozone-friendly.
Contact your municipal authority for information on how to discard the appliance correctly.
Do not cause damage to the part of the cooling unit that is near the heat exchanger.
SET UP AIR CONDITIONER FOR INSTALLATION
BEFORE FIRST USE
Let the machine stand up for 4 hours before use
Selecting a Location
1. This air conditioner may be moved around indoor conveniently; keep the unit in upright position while moving it. The air-conditioner shall be placed at a flat surface.
Do not install or operate this air-conditioner in a bathroom or other wet environment.
Since a portable air conditioner is on wheels, it is easy to change positions. When the heat turns on, you just move your portable air conditioner into the room and can quickly get started cooling the
space. Air conditioner must be operated in an enclosed area to be most effective.
Close all doors, windows, and other outside openings to the room. The
effectiveness of the Air Conditioner depends on the temperature and humidity level.
2. Place the air conditioner in a location that does not restrict airflow through the front of the unit.
3. An Air Conditioner operating in a room will have little or no effect
in drying an adjacent enclosed storage area, such as a closet, unless there is adequate circulation of air in and out of the area. A portable Air Conditioner evacuates the heat from the unit with a ventilation hose through a window or exhaust air valve.
4. There should be a minimum of 50 cm distance between Air Conditioner and closest object. See picture for reference.
3. Product description
1. Main Air Conditioner Unit
2. Remote Control
4. User manual
5. Round connector
6. Hot – Air exhaust hose
8. Window kit
1. Side view of main air conditioner
1. Front panel
2. Remote control receiving window
3. Control panel
4. Top panel
5. Horizontal louver
6. Right decoration board
7. Upper filter assembly of back panel
8. Remote control compartment
9. Left decoration board
10. Power cord with plug
12. Lower filter assembly of back panel
13. Drain cover
14. Universal wheel
15. Filter assembly of side panel
16. Protective grid
19. Round connector of exhaust hose
20. Exhaust hose
21. Adapter of exhaust hose
22. Window kits
1. Air outlet
2. Control panel
1. Control panel
1. Timer button
2. Speed button
3. Up button
4. Down button
5. Mode button
6. Power button
7. Cool mode indicator
8. Dehumidify mode indicator
9. Fan mode indicator
10. Energy conversation mode indicator
11. Auto swing function indicator
12. Auto clean function indicator
13. Water full indicator
14. Sleep mode indicator
15. Fan speed indicator
16. Timer indicator
17. Time of timer indicator
18. Temperature indicator
1. How to remove the filters
1. Grip the filter handle and pull it out gently in correct direction.
2. Clean the dirty particles in filter by cleaner if it is necessary.
3. Immerse and wash the filter gently into warm water (about 40℃) mixed with neutral cleaner, and then rinse and dry them thoroughly in the shade.
3. Exhaust hose assembly
1. Remote control box
2. Remote control
3. Remote control hold direction
1. Up and down button
2. Fan speed button
3. Timer button
4. Sleep button
5. LCD display window
6. Power button
7. Mode button
8. Auto swing button
9. Auto clean button
1. Before using your remote, install the AAA batteries into the remote control.
1. Drain cover
2. Drain hose
1. Drain cover
2. Drain stopper
3. Water out
1. Extend one end of exhaust hose, screw the end without slot of round connector onto it with anticlockwise direction at least 3 laps.
2. Extend another end of exhaust hose, screw the adapter onto it with anticlockwise direction at least 3 laps.
3. Exhaust hose assembly
1. Keep two ends of window seal plates to meet the window edges well, to ensure seal effect.
1. Ready to use air conditioner
FUNCTION OF THE OPERATION MODES AND INSTALLATION DESCRIPTIONS
If the unit has been transported horizontally, keep it in an upright position for 4 hours before using it.
Place the unit on a flat and solid surface.
Do not install the unit in bathrooms or other wet environments.
Make sure that air flow isn’t blocked, always keep at least 50 cm distance to surrounding surfaces.
INSTALLING THE EXHAUST HOSE
- Extend one end of exhaust hose, screw the end without slot of round connector onto it with anticlockwise direction at least 3 laps.
- Extend another end of exhaust hose, screw the adapter onto it with anticlockwise direction at least 3 laps.
- Extend the exhaust hose and lead it outside through a door or window.
USING THE WINDOW KIT
- To use the window kit, open the window and place the window kit either horizontally or vertically, depending on the window.
- Adjust the length of the window kit and fasten it with the screws.
- Shut the window and attach the adapter on the exhaust hose to the window kit.
USING THE WINDOW KIT
Before using your remote, install the AAA batteries into remote control.
- Press and slide the battery cover on the back of the remote control, then you can remove the cover.
- Insert two new alkaline AAA batteries into the battery compartment, being sure to note the proper polarity.
- Put back the battery cover, making sure the locking tab clicks into place.
Use alkaline batteries only. Do not use rechargeable batteries.
When replace batteries, always replace both batteries with new batteries, do not mix old and new batteries.
If the air conditioner will not be used for an extended period of time, remove the batteries from the remote control.
- Starting the unit. Press the POWER button to start and stop the unit.
- Select mode. The unit has 4 different modes: cooling, dehumidify, energy conservation and fan mode. Press MODE on the control panel or remote control to select mode.
- Cooling mode: Set desired temperature with the arrows on the control panel or the remote control. Set temperature is shown in the display.
- Dehumidify. In dehumidify mode, the fan will run on low speed only. Temperature cannot be set.
- Fan mode. The compressor stops and only the fan will run. Temperature cannot be set.
- Energy conversation mode. Low energy consumption under Energy Conversation mode. When the ambient temperature is higher than the set temperature, the unit operates in cool mode. When the ambient temperature reaches the set temperature, the compressor stops running and the upper fan also stops running. After 2 minutes and 30 seconds, the upper fan will run at low speed for 30 seconds. If the compressor does not start (that is, the ambient temperature is lower than the set temperature), the upper fan will repeatedly operate in this mode (stop for 2 minutes 30 seconds / low wind operation for 30 seconds).
- Set timer.
- To set timer for shut off, press the TIMER button when the unit is operating.
- To set timer for start, press the TIMER button when the unit is switched off. Set time with the up and down arrows on the control panel or remote control. When the timer is activated, a light is shown on the control panel.
- Set fan speed. Press the SPEED button on the control panel to choose fan speed. On the remote control, press the FAN button to choose fan speed.
- Celsius/Fahrenheit On the control panel, press the up and down arrows at the same time to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Sleep mode. Use the sleep mode during the night and the unit will not disturb your sleep. When in cooling mode, press the TIMER and UP together to enter sleep mode. On the remote, press the SLEEP button. Press again to deactivate.
- Auto swing function. Press the TIMER and SPEED button at the same time to activate swing function. On the remote, press the Auto-swing button. Press again to deactivate.
- Auto clean function. Press the AUTO- CLEAN button on the remote control to clean the unit internally. The unit will clean for 3 minutes before shutting off.
The unit will automatically defrost when needed. In defrost mode, the display shows E4 and no buttons except the POWER button are active.
The unit has a compressor protection function causing a 3-minute start delay after the unit is restarted.
Water full alarm
When the water tank is full, the unit will stop working. A water-full indication light is shown in the display and a warning sound is heard. Empty the water tank and restart the unit.
Water drainage instruction
Empty the water tank
Unscrew the drain cover and remove the water stopper. Empty the water tank and reattache the water stopper and drain cover.
- Move the unit carefully to avoid leakage.
- Tilt the unit slightly backwards when draining.
- Block the drain hole as soon as possible before the tray is full if it cannot hold all water in the unit to prevent the water leakage and wet the floor or carpet.
- Water stopper and drain cover must be tightly installed, to avoid new condensate to wet the floor or carpet when the unit restarts working.
Connecting a water hose for continuous drainage
Unscrew the drain cover and remove the water stopper. Attach a 13 mm water hose to the pipe on the unit. Lead the other end of the water hose to a drain. Make sure that the water can be drained downwards.
- Drain hose must be installed when there’s no water in the tray.
- It is suggested that not to use continuous drainage when unit is in COOL mode, to ensure enough water recycle in the unit to enhance the system cooling effects.
- Put the drain hose in an inaccessible place, not higher than drainage hole and keep drain hose straight without any flexure.
- Keep the drain cover and its stopper properly when continuous drainage is adopted.
The air filter
The air filter prevents dust and dirt from entering the machine, prolonging its life expectancy. It is important the filter is cleaned regularly. otherwise the unit may be seriously damaged. Therefore, clean the filters at least once every two weeks.
- Remove the filter.
- Wash it with warm water and a mild cleansing agent. Alternatively the filter may be vacuum cleaned.
- Let the filter dry and put it back.
Aim the end of the filter toward slot then push filter gently into slot.
• Be sure to install the filter to side panel then for the filter to back panel.
• Install the filter with opposite direction of removal.
• Install the filter into place gently to avoid any damage to filter.
It is very important that the filter is cleaned regularly; otherwise the air conditioner might lose capacity and even be seriously damaged.
Remote Control Storage
- Insert remote controller into built-in compartment in left side of unit.
- Press the lower part of built-in compartment gently to open it and take out remote controller.
End of Season Storage
- Screw off the drain cover and pull out the stopper to drain condensate water completely.
- Keep unit running in fan mode for half day to dry inside of unit completely to prevent from going moldy.
- Turn off the unit, pull out plug then wrap the power cord around the wire-winding pillar, insert the plug into the universal fixing hole at the back panel of the unit, install the water stopper and drain cover.
- Remove the heat exhaust hose assembly, clean and keep it properly.
- Hold the exhaust hose assembly with both hands when removal.
- Push the fasteners aside on exhaust air outlet using your thumbs, then pull out exhaust hose assembly.
- Pack the air-conditioner properly with soft plastic bag and put it in dry place with appropriate dust-proof measures, and keep the unit away from children.
- Take out the batteries from the remote control and keep it properly.
• Assure the unit is stored in a dry place.
• All accessories of the unit shall be protected together properly.
Clean the condensor with Wood’s cleaning detergent. Read more about how to clean your unit at woods.se Clean the unit with a soft moist cloth. Do not use solvents or strong cleaners as this might damage the surface of the unit.
If the Air Conditioner requires servicing, you must first contact your local retailer. Proof of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
2 years consumer warranty against production faults. Please note that the warranty is only valid upon the production of the receipt. The warranty is only valid if the product is used in accordance with the instructions and security warnings expressed in this manual. The warranty does not cover any damages caused by improper handling of the product.
NOTE: The 2 years warranty only applies for consumers and not for commercial use of the unit.
Recommended limits for use
The best operating ambient temperature for cooling is 17-35 °C. The unit runs up to +45°C .Fuse Parameter: φ5.0x20mm 3.15A, 250Vac.
*Technical changes and improvements may occur. All values are approximate and may vary due to external circumstances such as temperature, ventilation and humidity.
*This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your us device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmental safe recycling.