Z-WAVE PLUS Minoston MPZ Mini Smart Plug
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Statement
FCC Caution: Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. This equipment should be installed and operated with minimum distance 20cm between the radiator and you
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference, and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
EVALOGIK Products warrants this product to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years from the original date of consumer purchase. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of this product only and does not extend to consequential or incidental damage to other products that may be used with this product.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or permit the exclusion or limitation
of incidental or consequential damage, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. if the unit should prove defective within the warranty period.
- Model: MP21Z
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz.
- Signal (Frequency): 908.42 MHZ.
- Maximum load for outlet 15A, 1200W Resistive
- Maximum load for the Z-Wave controlled outlet: 600W Incandescent, ½ HP Motor or 1200W Resistive
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Operating Temperature Range: 32-104° F (0-40° C) For Outdoor use
Specifications subject to change without notice due to continuing product improvement
RISK OF FIRE
RISK OF ELECTRICAL SHOCK
RISK OF BURNS
EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN USING Z-Wave DEVICES TO CONTROL APPLIANCES. OPERATION OF THE Z-Wave DEVICE MAY BE IN A DIFFERENT ROOM THAN THE CONTROLLED APPLIANCE, ALSO AN UNINTENTIONAL ACTIVATION MAY OCCUR IF THE WRONG BUTTON ON THE REMOTE IS PRESSED. Z-Wave DEVICES MAY AUTOMATICALLY BE POWERED ON DUE TO TIMED EVENT PROGRAMMING.
DEPENDING UPON THE APPLIANCE, THESE UNATTENDED OR UNINTENTIONAL OPERATIONS COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A HAZARDOUS CONDITION. FOR THESE REASONS, WE RECOMMEND DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE THE FOLLOWING:
- DO NOT USE Z-Wave DEVICES TO CONTROL ELECTRIC
- HEATERS OR ANY OTHER APPLIANCES WHICH MAY PRESENT
- A HAZARDOUS CONDITION DUE TO UNATTENDED OR
- UNINTENTIONAL OR AUTOMATIC POWER ON CONTROL.
The MP21Z is a Z-Wave enabled device and is fully compatible with any Z-Wave Plus™ enabled network.
Each module is designed to act as a repeater,which will re-transmit a radio frequency (RF) signal by routing the around obstacles and radio dead spots to ensure that the signal is received at its intended destination.
MP21Z is a security enabled Z-Wave Plus device. A security Enabled Z-Wave Plus Controller must be used in order to fully utilize the
- Remote ON/OFF control via the Z-Wave controller
- Manual ON/OFF control with the front panel push button
- Support Association Group and Auto Report switch status
- Over temperature protection
- Support firmware upgrades via Over-the-air (need Gateways support)
- AC plug
- Z-Wave controlled outlet
- ON/OFF/PROG Push button/ Status LED
Z-Wave Remote Control
ADD or Remove the MP21Z from the existing Z-Wave home control network with your primary controller.
- Refer to your primary controller instructions to process the inclusion / exclusion setup procedure.
- When prompted by your primary controller, click the PROG button five times in one second.
Include MP21Z to/from a Z-Wave Gateway with supporting Security. The MP21Z can support the Primary Controller that implemented the se
Notice: Including a node ID allocated by Z-WaveTM Controller means “Add” or “Inclusion”. Excluding a node ID allocated by
Z-WaveTM Controller means “Remove” or “Exclusion”.
Z-Wave protocol Command Class Node Info
The Below listed Command Class are all supported the Security S2
- COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION,
- COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL,
- COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V4
Z-Wave Configuration Parameters
You may use the below configuration parameters to change settings of the corresponding functionality.
- Status LED Configuration
- Paramter No: 1(0x01)
- Size:1 Byte
- Value: 00(default)
- outlet on,led on.
- Value: 01
- Value: 02
- outlet on, led off.
- led off, led no work.
- Count Down Configuration（The countdown time, the socket closed)
- Paramter No: 2(0x02) Size:2 Byte Value: 00 00(default) – no timer.
- Value Scope :0—-36000S（Countdown time can be set up for 10 hours)
Support for Association Groups
MP21Z supports 2 association groups. A maximum of 5 node ID’s (nonmulti-channel devices) can be assigned to these association group Association group_1: Z-Wave Plus Lifeline Maximum 5 node
Association group_1 is default to associate with the primary controller (Gateway/Hub/Controller) for MP21Z Status change report
- MP21Z will trigger AUTO report function if the Switch status had been changed.
- Device Reset Locally Notification(Only report when the MP21Z Switch Module has been triggered the RESET TO DEFAULT)
Association group_2: basic set command
When the output of the MP21Z socket is changed, On (0xFF) or Off (0x00). The MP21Z will automatically send out a related basic Once (t 0cxoFmF) manord. Off (0x00) to its associated group.
Support for Over Temperature Protection
MP21Z support Over temperature protection,When the temperature is greater than 105 degrees Celsius, the Heat Alarm signal is sent ou Notification Type : Heat Alarm 0x04 .
Event :Overheat detected 0x02
Restoring Factory Defaults
All Configuration Parameters values and Association information will be restored to factory default settings and excluded from the n When the device is removed from the host, it is returned to the factory settings
- Power off MP21Z
- keep holding the PROG button
- Power on,Press and keep holding the PROG button for no less than 10 seconds.
Remark: All the setting and data will be permanently deleted.
Please use this procedure only when the network primary controller is missing or otherwise inoperable.