AEG Wine Cellar User Manual
Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible if an incorrect installation and use causes injuries and damages. Always keep the instructions with the appliance for future reference.
Children and vulnerable people safety
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Do not let children play with the appliance.
- Keep all packaging away from children.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- Farm houses; staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments
- By clients in hotels, motels, bed and breakfast and other residential type environments
- Use this appliance for storage of wine only.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use water spray and steam to clean the appliance.
- Clean the appliance with a moist soft cloth. Only us eneutral detergents. Do not use abrasive products, abrasive cleaning pads,solvents or metal objects.
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
WARNING! Only a qualified person must install this appliance.
- Remove all the packaging.
- Do not install or use a damaged appliance.
- Obey the installation instruction supplied with the appliance.
- Always be careful when you move the appliance because it is heavy. Always wear safety gloves.
- Make sure the air can circulate around the appliance.
- Wait at least 4 hours before connecting the appliance to the power supply. This is to allow the oil to flow back in the compressor.
- Do not install the appliance close to radiators or cookers, oven or hobs.
- The rear of the appliance must stand against the wall.
- Do not install the appliance where there is direct sunlight.
- Do not install this appliance in areas that are too humid or too colds, such as the construction appendices, garages or wine cellars.
- When you move the appliance, lift it by the front edge to avoid scratching the floor.
WARNING! Risk of fire and electrical shock.
- The appliance must be earthed.
- All electrical connections should be made by a qualified electrician.
- Make sure that the electrical information on the rating plate agrees with the power supply.
- If not contact an electrician.
- Always use a correctly installed shockproof socket.
- Do not use multi-plug adapters and extension cables.
- Make sure not to cause damage to the electrical components (e.g. mains plug, mains cable, compressor). Contact the Service or an electrician to change the electrical components.
- The mains cable must stay below the level of the mains plug.
- Connect the mains plug to the mains socket only at the end of the installation. Make sure that there is access to the mains plug after the installation.Do not pull the mains cable to disconnect the appliance. Always pull the mains plug.
WARNING! Risk of fire and electrical shock or fire.
- Do not change the specification of this appliance.
- Do not put electrical appliances (e.g.ice cream makers) in the appliance unless they are stated applicable by the manufacturer. Be careful not to cause damage to the refrigerant circuit. It contains is obutane (R600a), a natural gas with a high level of environmental compatibility. This gas is flammable.
- If damage occurs to the refrigerant circuit, make sure that there are no flames and sources of ignition in the room. Ventilate the room.
- Do not let hot items to touch the plastic parts of the appliance.
- Do not store flammable gas and liquid in the appliance.
- Do not put flammable products or it that are wet with flammable product in, near or on the appliance Do not touch the compressor or the condenser.
- They are hot.
Care and cleaning
WARNING! Risk of injury or damage to the appliance.
- Before maintenance, deactivate the appliance and disconnect the mains plug from the mains socket.
- This appliance contains hydrocarbons in the cooling unit. Only a qualified person must do the maintenance and the recharging of the unit.
- Regularly examine the drain of the appliance and if necessary,clean it. If the drain is blocked, defrosted water collects in the bottom of the appliance.
WARNING! Risk of injury or suffocation.
- Disconnect the appliance from the mains supply.
- Cut off the mains cable and discard it.
- Remove the door to prevent children and pets to be closed inside of the appliance.
- The refrigerant circuit and the insulation materials of thi appliance are ozone friendly.
- The insulation foam contains flammable gas. Contact your municipal authority for information on how to discard the appliance correctly.
- Do not cause damage to the part of the cooling unit that is near the heat exchanger.
- Door Release Mechanism
- Telescopic runners
- Control panel
- Fastening bar
- Rating plate
- ON/OFF key
- Light key
- Temperature colder key
- Temperature warmer key
On/Off switch and temperature setting
To switch on the appliance press the ON/ OFF key.
The display shows the set default temperature (12°C).
The temperature can be adjusted from 5° to 20°C (with steps of 1°C) by touching the -/+ key.
To switch off the appliance press the ON/ OFF key for 5 seconds.
When the door is opened, the LED light is on, when closed is off. If you want to keep the light on with the door closed, open the door, and press the light key.
If you want to restore the standard conditions, press the light key again.
The display shows the temperature set, the error messages, if the demo mode is selected, if the keys are locked.
Lock keys mode
Press the + key and the light key for 3 mseconds to activate the lock keys mode.
The appliance will continue to work with the last settings.
To deactivate the lock keys mode, do the same procedure.
By selecting this function, the message “bl” appears on display touching any key.
DEMO MODE has been created for exhibitions and showroom purposes.
The display will be ON with possibility to change the temperatures but the Cooling motor will be OFF.
To activate or deactivate the DEMO MODE, Press + and – simultaneously for3 seconds.
Display will show the ON for 5 seconds, then the temperature will be showed again.
It Is possible to keep the inner led light turned ON also when the door is closed.
Press the Light key to activate the light ON mode.
To open the door:
- push in the left side of the door panel, to open the door
- or pull it.
Before using the appliance for the first time, wash the interior and all internal accessories with lukewarm water and some neutral soap, then dry thoroughly.
Warning : Do not use detergents or abrasive powders, as these will damage the finishing.
To turn on the appliance, press ON/OFF key and adjust temperature according to the wine stored.
Temperature Recollection Function
In the event of a power cut, the wine cellar can remember the previous temperature setting, and when power is recovered, the temperature will go back to the original.
The storage time for wine depends on ageing, the type of grapes, alcoholic content and level of fructose and tannin contained in it. At the time of purchase,check if the wine is already aged or if it will improve over time.
Preservation temperature suggested:
- Champagne/Prosecco and Sparkling wines +6 to +8°C
- White Wines +10 to +12°C
- Rosé wines +12 to +16°C
- Red Wines +14 to +18°C
(for 750 ml Bordeaux bottles) Total: 18 bottles
- For easy access to the bottles, pull the shelves out of the rail compartment.
Warning : To prevent damaging the door, make sure that the door is fully opened when pulling shelves out.
- To remove or fit the wooden shelves lift or push the shelf.
- To store up to 18 bordeaux bottles placing 6 bottles each level.
- The first level has been designed to accomodate larger and taller bottles.
- Suitable for large and tall bottles.
By removing the shelves is possible to increase the capacity as showed in the pictures.
WARNING! Please ensure in this case that the bottles do not come in contact with the back wall of the cavity.
To easily store large and tall bottles on the second shelf, can be removed the upper shelf as showed in the picture.
|Climate class||Ambient temperature|
|SN||+10 °C to +32 °C|
|N||+16 °C to +32 °C|
|ST||+16 °C to +38 °C|
|T||+16 °C to +43 °C|
Adequate air ventilation should be around the appliance, to prevent overheating. To achieve sufficient ventilation follow the installation instructions.
Install this appliance at a location where the ambient temperature corresponds to the climate class indicated on the rating plate of the appliance:
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
CAUTION! Unplug the appliance before carrying out any maintenance operation.
This appliance contains hydrocarbons in its cooling unit; maintenance and recharging must therefore only be carried out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
Warning : Do not pull, move or damage any pipes and/or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders, highly perfumed cleaning products or wax polishes to clean the interior as this will damage the surface and leave a strong odour.
- Clean the inside surfaces with a warm water and baking soda solution. The solution should be about 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of water.
- Clean the shelves with a mild detergent solution.
- Wring excess water out of the sponge or cloth when cleaning area of the controls, or any electrical parts.
- Clean the inside and accessories with lukewarm water and some neutral soap.
- Regularly check the door seals and wipe clean to ensure they are clean and free from debris.
- Rinse and dry thoroughly.
Periods of non-operation
When the appliance is not in use for long periods, take the following precautions:
- disconnect the appliance from electricity supply.
- remove all items.
- clean the appliance and all accessories.
- leave the door open to prevent unpleasant smells.
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
You can solve many common Wine cellar problems easily, saving you the cost of a possible service call. Try the suggestions.
|Wine cellar does not operate.||
|Wine cellar is not cool enough.||
|The compressor operates continuously.||
|The light does not work.||
|Too much vibration.||
|Too much noise.||
|The door does not close properly.||
|E3 is displayed||
|E1 is displayed and an acoustic alarm will sound every 5 minutes.||
|E2 is displayed||
Recycle the materials with the symbol Put the packaging in applicable container to recycle it. Help protect the environment and human health and to recycle waste of electrical and electronic appliances.
Do not dispose appliances marked with the symbol with the household waste. Return the product to your local recycling facility or contact your municipal office.