Access features from the iPhone Lock Screen
The Lock Screen, which shows the current time and date and your most recent notifications, appears when you turn on or wake iPhone. From the Lock Screen, you can see notifications, open Camera and Control Center, get information from your favorite apps at a glance, and more.
Access features and information from the Lock Screen
You can quickly access useful features and information from the Lock Screen, even while iPhone is locked. From the Lock Screen, do any of the following:
- Open Camera: Swipe left. On supported models, you can touch and hold then lift your finger. (See iPhone camera basics.)
- Open Control Center: Swipe down from the top-right corner (on an iPhone with Face ID) or swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen (on other iPhone models). (See Use and customize Control Center on iPhone.)
- See earlier notifications: Swipe up from the center. (See View and respond to notifications on iPhone.)
- See Today View: Swipe right. (See Add widgets on iPhone.)
To choose what you can access from the Lock Screen, see Control access to information on the iPhone Lock Screen.
Show notification previews on the Lock Screen
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Tap Show Previews, then tap Always.
Notification previews include text from Messages, lines from Mail messages, and details about Calendar invitations. See View and respond to notifications on iPhone.