Add and use passes in Wallet on
Use the Wallet app on your Apple Watch to keep your boarding passes, event tickets, coupons, student ID cards, and more in one place for easy access. Passes in Wallet on your iPhone automatically sync to your Apple Watch. Use a pass on your Apple Watch to check in for a flight, redeem a coupon, or get into your dorm.
Set options for your passes
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, then tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
Add a pass
To add a pass, do one of the following:
- Follow the instructions in the email sent by the issuer.
- Open the pass issuer’s app, if they have one.
- Tap Add in the notification.
- Tap a pass sent to you in Messages.
Use a pass
You can use a variety of passes on your Apple Watch.
- If a notification for a pass appears on your Apple Watch: Tap the notification to display the pass. You might have to scroll to get to the barcode.
- If you have a barcode pass: Double-click the side button, scroll to your pass, then present the barcode to the scanner. You can also open the Wallet app on your Apple Watch, select the pass, then scan it.
If a pass changes—for example, the gate on your boarding pass—your pass updates on both iPhone and Apple Watch.
Get pass information
To get more information about a pass—a flight’s departure and arrival time, for example—do the following:
- Open the Wallet app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap a pass, scroll down, then tap Pass Information.
Use a contactless pass or student ID card
With a contactless pass or student ID card, you can use your Apple Watch to present your pass or card at a contactless reader.
- If you have a contactless pass and a notification appears: Tap the notification. If there’s no notification, double-click the side button, and hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the reader, with the display facing the reader.
- If you have a student ID card: On supported campuses, hold your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the reader, with the display facing the reader, until Apple Watch vibrates; there’s no need to double-click the side button.
For more information about contactless passes and student ID cards, see the iPhone User Guide.
On an Apple Watch that you set up for yourself, open the Wallet app then touch and drag transit, access, and payment cards and passes to arrange them. The payment card you drag to the top position becomes the default payment card.
On a managed Apple Watch, you can touch and drag all pass types to reorder them.
Remove a pass you’re finished with
- Double-click the side button, then tap the pass.
- Scroll down, then tap Delete.
You can also open the Wallet app on your iPhone, tap the pass, tap then tap Remove Pass.
When you remove a pass from one device, it’s also removed from the other.