Change the AirPods volume while listening to iPod touch
Change the volume for your AirPods
Do one of the following:
- Summon Siri, then say something like
- Use either volume button on the side of iPod touch.
- Drag the volume slider in an app’s playback controls.
- Open Control Center, then drag the volume slider.
- Drag the volume slider on the Lock Screen.
- Turn the Digital Crown (AirPods Max).You can change which turn direction increases the volume (iOS 14.3 or later). You can also use the Digital Crown to stop and start audio playback, answer and end calls, ask for Siri, and end the reading of a new message.
Monitor or limit the volume on your AirPods
You can do any of the following:
- Get a notification and have the volume automatically turned down if you listen to audio from your AirPods for long enough at a volume that could affect your hearing.
- Use the Health app to view the audio levels from your AirPods over time.
- Use the Hearing control in Control Center to monitor the audio levels from your AirPods as you use them.
- Limit the maximum volume for your AirPods.