Set up HomePod in Home on iPod touch
You can use the Home app to set up HomePod and control many HomePod settings.
To learn what you can do with iPod touch and HomePod, see the following in the HomePod User Guide:
- Set up HomePod
- Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device
- Make Personal Requests on HomePod
- Use HomePod for phone calls
Note: HomePod is not available in all countries or regions.
Use Home to send and receive Intercom messages
- In the Home app, tap then tap Home Settings.
- Tap Intercom, then configure these settings:
- When you can receive Intercom messages
- Who is allowed to send or receive Intercom messages
- Which HomePod speakers can use Intercom
- Tap Back, then tap Done.
- Tap then say something likeA recording of your voice is sent to all the HomePod speakers in your home, and to the iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS devices of all members of your home who can send and receive Intercom messages.
To send a message to a HomePod in a specific room or zone, say something like or
See Use HomePod as an Intercom in the HomePod User Guide.
Use Home to add and edit HomePod alarms
In the Home app, touch and hold the HomePod button, then do any of the following:
- Add an alarm: Tap New, create the alarm, then tap Save.
- Edit an alarm: Tap the alarm, change the time, then tap Save.
- Turn alarms on or off: Tap the switch next to an alarm.
- Delete an alarm: Tap the alarm, then tap Delete Alarm.
Change HomePod settings
- In the Home app, touch and hold the HomePod button.
- Swipe up or tap then configure HomePod settings.You can assign HomePod to a different room, add an automation, create a stereo pair with two HomePod speakers in the same room, rename HomePod, turn on accessibility features, and more.