Allow others to control accessories in your home
In the Home app you can invite other people to control your smart accessories. You and the people you invite need to be using iCloud and have iOS 11.2.5, iPadOS 13, or later. You also need to be at your home or have a home hub set up in your home.
Invite others to control accessories
- Tap Home Settings, then tap Invite People.If you set up more than one home, tap Home Settings, then tap a home.
- Tap to choose people with an Apple ID from your contacts list, or enter their Apple ID email addresses in the To field.
- Tap Send Invite.
- Ask the invitee to do one of the following:
- In the notification: (iOS or iPadOS device) Tap Accept.
- In the Home app: (iOS or iPadOS device) Tap tap Home Settings, then tap their name.
- On Apple TV: Tap Show Me on Apple TV, then turn on one or more Apple TVs.
Allow others to access your AirPlay 2-enabled speakers and TVs
- Tap Home Settings > Allow Speaker & TV Access, then choose an option.
You can allow everyone, anyone on the same network, or only people you’ve invited to share the home. You can also require a password that allows speaker access. To learn more about HomePod speaker and Apple TV access, see the HomePod User Guide and the Apple TV User Guide.