Read mail on
Read mail on your Apple Watch, then reply using Dictate, Scribble, or a prepared response, or switch to your iPhone to type a response.
WARNING: For important information about avoiding distractions that could lead to dangerous situations, see Important safety information for .
Read mail in a notification
- To read a new message, just raise your wrist when the notification arrives.
- To dismiss the notification, swipe down from the top or tap Dismiss at the end of the message.
If you miss the notification, swipe down on the watch face later to see unread notifications, then tap it there.
To control email notifications on your Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, then go to Mail > Custom.
Read mail in the Mail app
- Open the Mail app on your Apple Watch.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll the message list.
- Tap a message to read it.
- To jump to the top of a long message, turn the Digital Crown, or tap the top of the screen.
Messages are formatted to be viewed on your Apple Watch. Most text styles are preserved, and you can tap website links in Mail and view web-formatted content optimized for Apple Watch. Double-tap to zoom in on the content.
Website links may not be available in all regions.
Tip: You can make a call, open a map, or view web-formatted content from a mail message—just tap a phone number, address, or link.
Switch to iPhone
When you receive a message you want to read on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Wake your iPhone.
- On an iPhone with Face ID, swipe up from the bottom edge and pause to show the App Switcher. (On an iPhone with a Home button, double-click the Home button to show the App Switcher.)
- Tap the button at the bottom of the screen to open Mail.