Share your location in Find My on iPod touch
Before you can use the Find My app to share your location with friends, you need to set up location sharing.
Set up location sharing
- Tap Me, then turn on Share My Location.The device sharing your location appears below My Location.
- If your iPod touch isn’t currently sharing your location, scroll to the bottom, then tap Use This iPod as My Location.
Note: You can share your location from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To share your location from another device, open Find My on the device and change your location to that device. If the device has iOS 12 or earlier, see the Apple Support article Set up and use Find My Friends. If you share your location from an iPhone that’s paired with Apple Watch (GPS + Cellular models), your location is shared from your Apple Watch when you’re out of range of your iPhone and Apple Watch is on your wrist.
You can also change your location sharing settings in Settings > [your name] > Find My.
Set a label for your location
You can set a label for your current location to make it more meaningful (like Home or Work). When you tap Me, you see the label in addition to your location.
- Tap Me, then tap Edit Location Name.
- Select a label.To add a new label, tap Add Custom Label, enter a name, then tap Done.
Share your location with a friend
- Tap People.
- Scroll to the bottom of the People list, then tap Share My Location.
- In the To field, type the name of a friend you want to share your location with (or tap and select a contact).
- Tap Send and choose how long you want to share your location.
If you’re a member of a Family Sharing group, see Share your location with family members.
Stop sharing your location
You can stop sharing your location with a specific friend or hide your location from everyone.
- Stop sharing with a friend: Tap People, then tap the name of the person you don’t want to share your location with. Tap Stop Sharing My Location, then tap Stop Sharing Location.
- Hide your location from everyone: Tap Me, then turn off Share My Location.
Respond to a location sharing request
- Tap People.
- Tap Share below the name of the friend who sent the request and choose how long you want to share your location.If you don’t want to share your location, tap Cancel.
Stop receiving new location sharing requests
Tap Me, then turn off Allow Friend Requests.