- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable.
- In the Finder sidebar on your Mac, select your iPod touch.
Note: To use the Finder to sync content, macOS 10.15 or later is required. With earlier versions of macOS, use iTunes to sync with your Mac.
- At the top of the window, click the type of content you want to sync (for example, Movies or Books).
- Select “Sync [content type] onto [device name].”By default, all items of a content type are synced, but you can choose to sync individual items, such as selected music, movies, books, or calendars.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each type of content you want to sync, then click Apply.
Your Mac syncs to your iPod touch whenever you connect them.
To view or change syncing options, select your iPod touch in the Finder sidebar, then choose from the options at the top of the window.
Before disconnecting your iPod touch from your Mac, click the Eject button in the Finder sidebar.
See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad in the macOS User Guide.