Get transit directions from your current location in Maps on iPod touch
In the Maps app you can get detailed transit directions to your destination.
- Do one of the following:
- Say something like Learn how to ask Siri (Siri transit directions not available in all countries or regions).
- Tap your destination (such as a landmark on a map), tap Directions, then tap
- Touch and hold any spot on the map, tap Directions, then tap
- To choose a transit time or date, tap Leaving Soon (near the top of the route card), then select a time or date for departure or arrival.
- To select which transit vehicles you prefer, tap the route card, scroll to the bottom, then choose an option.
- Tap Go for the route you want.
Note: Before you tap Go, you can select other route options. For example, you can get walking directions or use a ridesharing app to get a ride.
Do any of the following during your trip:
- See upcoming directions: Swipe the banner at the top of the screen left.
- View and share the directions in a list: Tap the route card at the bottom of the screen, then tap Details. To share the list of directions, scroll to the bottom of the route card, then tap Share.
- See the route overview: Tap the route card at the bottom of the screen, then tap Overview. To see more detail, tap the route card, then tap Zoom In.
- Add a stop to Favorites: See Add a transit stop to your favorites.
- End directions at any time: Tap End, or say something like
Note: In select cities, Maps provides public transportation information, which includes walking directions to a bus stop or train station. See the iOS and iPadOS Feature Availability website. If transit route information is unavailable, tap View Routing Apps to use an app for other modes of transportation.