Bissell Poweredge Lift-Off Steam Mop
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
WARNING TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- This appliance can be used by children 8 years old and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory and mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- If the cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug.
- Use indoors only.
- Always turn off this appliance before connecting or disconnecting the nozzle. Do not direct steam at people, animals, or at electrical outlets.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before conducting maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Do not leave steam cleaner unattended.
- Do not expose hair, loose clothing, fingers or body parts to openings or moving parts.
- Do not service steam cleaner when it is plugged in.
- Do not handle steam cleaner with wet hands.
- Do not use steam cleaner if it has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord, pull cord around sharp corners or edges, or expose cord to heated surfaces.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord.
- Do not use appliance in an enclosed space filled with vapor given off by oil-base paint, paint thinner, some moth proofing substances, flammable dust, or other explosive or toxic vapors.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy.
- Do not use on leather, wax polished furniture or floors, synthetic fabrics, velvet or other delicate, steam-sensitive materials.
- Do not immerse in water or liquid.
- Not for space heating purposes.
- Do not use for any purpose other than described in this User’s Guide.
- Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments – use of attachments not provided or sold by BISSELL® may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
- Never put descaling, aromatic, alcoholic, detergent or vinegar products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
- Unplug by grasping the plug, not the cord.
- Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
What’s In The Box?
NOTE: Standard accessories may vary by model. To identify what should be included with your purchase, please refer to the “Carton Contents” list located on the carton top flap.
Getting to Know Your PowerEdge Lift-Off
- Ready Light
- Pod Handle
- Handheld Steam Trigger
- Handheld Steamer Release Button
- Triangle Mop Foot
- Steam Trigger
- Upper Cord Wrap
- Lower Cord Wrap
- Button to Remove Handle
- Water Tank Release Button
- Easy Fill Water Tank
Do not plug in your PowerEdge Lift-O ® Steam Mop until you are familiar with all instructions and operating procedures.
Your BISSELL® PowerEdge Lift-Off Steam Mop comes in three easy to assemble components and does not require any tools to assemble:
- Triangle Mop Foot
Filling Your Water Tank
Never put descaling, alcoholic, vinegar, or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
A few notes about filling the Water Tank:
The Water Tank’s capacity is 300 mL (10 oz). DO NOT USE CHEMICALS IN THE WATER TANK OF YOUR POWEREDGE LIFT-OFF® STEAM MOP.
TIP: Use of distilled water or demineralized water is recommended to prolong the life of your hard floor cleaner.
Cleaning Your Hard Floors
NOTE: Before you clean, thoroughly sweep or vacuum floor prior to cleaning with your PowerEdge Lift-Off Steam Mop. Your hard fl oor cleaner is designed to clean hard flooring, such as ceramic tile, marble, stone and sealed hard wood floors. Use on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. The hard floor cleaner is not for use on unsealed wood floors. For best results, test in an inconspicuous area and check the care instructions from your flooring manufacturer.
NOTE: Upon the first use of your steam mop or first use after refilling the water tank, the pump may make a “knocking” sound. This is normal and will diminish after a few seconds.
NOTE: The steam mop generates hot steam, so move the machine continuously when depressing the trigger as damage to flooring can occur. The trigger does not need to be depressed at all times.
Using the Handheld Steamer
Maintenance: Cleaning Your Steam Mop
To reduce the risk of fi re, electric shock or injury, disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting.
NOTICE: Since this product uses water, it must not be stored where there is danger of freezing. Freezing will damage internal components and may void the warranty.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, disconnect plug from electrical outlet before performing maintenance or troubleshooting checks.
If you need additional instruction regarding this warranty or have questions regarding what it may cover, please contact BISSELL® Consumer Care by E-mail, telephone, or regular mail as described below.
Limited One-Year Warranty
Subject to the *EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS identified below, upon receipt of the product BISSELL will repair or replace (with new or remanufactured components or products), at BISSELL’s option, free of charge from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, for one year any defective or malfunctioning part.
See information below on “If your BISSELL product should require service”.
This warranty applies to product used for personal, and not commercial or rental service. This warranty does not apply to fans or routine maintenance components such as filters, belts, or brushes. Damage or malfunction caused by negligence, abuse,
neglect, unauthorized repair, or any other use not in accordance with the User’s Guide is not covered.
BISSELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. BISSELL’S LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
EXCEPTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS FROM THE TERMS OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES EITHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE ONE YEAR DURATION FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.