BLACK DECKER Blender 10-Speed
Should you have any questions or concerns with your new product, please call our Customer Service Line at 1-800-465-6070 (the US and Canada). Please do not return to the store.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- To protect against the risk of electrical shock do not immerse the cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquid.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Turn the appliance OFF, then unplug from the outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning.
- Avoid contacting moving parts.
- Do not operate the appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Contact Consumer Support at the toll-free number listed in the warranty section. This appliance has important markings on the plug blade. The attachment plug or entire cord set (if the plug is molded onto the cord) is not suitable
- for replacement. If damaged, the appliance must be replaced.
- The use of attachments, including canning jars, not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter.
- Keep hands and utensils out of the container while blending to reduce the risk of severe injury to persons or damage to the blender. A scraper may be used, but must be used only when the blender is not running.
- Blades are sharp. Handle carefully. · To reduce the risk of injury, never place cutter assembly blades on base without jar properly attached.
- Always operate blender with cover in place.
- Do not blend hot foods/liquids.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plugin anyway.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent the removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
a) A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
b) Extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
c) If an extension cord is used:
1) The marked electrical rating of the extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
2) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord; and
3) The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged, please contact the warranty department listed in these instructions.
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR BLENDER
- Dual-opening lid (Part# BL2110-01)
- Pour spout
- Ingredient slot
- Blending jar (Part# BL2110-02)
- Gasket (Part # BL2010WP-05)
- Blade assembly (Part# BL2110-03)
- Jar base (Part # BL2110-04)
- Blender Base
- Pulse/OFF button
- LO button
- HI button
- Speed buttons
Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
HOW TO USE
This appliance is intended for household use only.
- Remove all packing material, any stickers from the product, and the elastic band around the plug.
- Remove and save literature.
- Please go to www.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker to register your warranty.
- Wash all removable parts as instructed in the Care & Cleaning section of this manual.
BL E N D ER JAR ASSE MB LY
- Turn the blending jar upside down and place it flat on the countertop or work surface.
- Place the gasket against the glass jar.
Important: Gasket MUST be between the jar and blade assembly or the blender will not function properly.
- Place the blade assembly, blade first, into the jar. (A).
- Place jar base onto the jar and rotate clockwise until it is tight (B).
- Turn assembled jar right side up.
- Place the lid with lid cap onto the blending jar.
Note: Do not plug in the cord.
- Place the jar on base, making sure it is pressed firmly into place. (Jar base should not extend more than 1/8-inch above the rim at the top of the base.)
USING YOUR BLENDER
- Make sure the appliance is OFF and the jar is securely situated on the base.
- Place foods to be blended into the jar. For best results, place ingredients in the jar in the following order: liquids, powders, soft foods, hard foods, ice.
- Place lid on jar; make sure lid cap is in place.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet.
Note: When in use, do not leave the blender unattended. When using hard foods, such as ice, cheese, nuts, and coffee beans, keep one hand on the lid to keep the blender in place.
- Press the High or Low button; then select the speed that best suits your desired task. To switch speeds, press the High or Low button and the new speed desired. (See SPEED CHART.)
- When blending thick mixtures, such as smoothies, protein drinks and milkshakes press the PULSE button several times to begin the blending process. Use Pulse for no more than 5 seconds at a time, allowing the blender to rest briefly between each pulse, for no more than 2 minutes total. This helps break up the ice and distribute the ingredients.
- Open the ingredient slot to add ingredients while the blender is running. Drop ingredients through the opening. (C).
Important: Do not remove the lid while the blender is running.
- When finished, press the Pulse/Off button. Make sure blades have completely stopped before attempting to remove the blending jar from the base.
- To remove the jar, grasp the handle and lift it straight up. Do not twist the jar.
- Remove lid to pour.
- Always unplug the appliance when not in use. 5
BLENDING TIPS AND TECHNIQUES
- Cut food into pieces no larger than 3/4 inch for use in the blender.
- When preparing foods with several different kinds of ingredients, always add
- If ingredients splatter onto the sides of the jar or the mixture is very thick,
press the OFF button to turn the appliance off. Remove the lid and use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the jar. Replace the lid and continue blending.
Important: Blender should always have a lid in place when in use.
Caution: Do not place the blending jar on base when the motor is running.
- When making bread crumbs, chopping nuts, or grinding coffee beans make sure the blending jar is completely dry. Do not run for longer than 30 seconds.
- Start blending on the lowest speed and then increase to a higher speed, if necessary.
- To stop blending, press the OFF button at any time.
- Do not blend hot foods/liquids.
- Blender not recommended for hard foods such as raw turnips, bones, hard salami or sausages, and boiling liquids.
- Not recommended for whipping cream, beating egg whites, mixing dough, mashing potatoes, grinding meats, or extracting juice.
- Do not overfill the blender.
- Do not store foods in a jar.
- Do not run the blender for longer than 30 seconds when using dry ingredients or 2 minutes when blending liquids.
- Do not use if the blending jar is chipped or cracked.
WILD BERRY YOGURT COOLER
2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup wild berry frozen yogurt
1 cup frozen cubed mango
1 cup frozen hulled strawberries
Combine all ingredients in order listed into a blending jar and close with a lid. Pulse for several seconds (three to four times). Press High plus ten and run until the mixture is smooth and well blended; about 30 seconds. Makes about 4 ½ cups.
CARE AND CLEANING
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
- Before cleaning, turn off and unplug the appliance.
- Lift blending jar by handle off power base.
- Remove jar base by turning counterclockwise until loose.
- Remove gasket and blade assembly.
Caution: Blades are sharp, handle carefully.
- Remove lid and lid cap.
- Wash removable parts by hand or in your dishwasher. Place jar on the bottom rack and rest of parts on top-rack only.
- Do not place jar parts in boiling liquids.
- Do not immerse base in liquid. Wipe the base with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Remove stubborn spots by rubbing with a damp cloth and non-abrasive cleaner.
Note: If liquids spill onto the base, wipe with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly. Do not use rough scouring pads or cleansers on parts or finish.
For quick cleanup, combine 1 cup hot water and a drop of liquid dish soap in the blending jar. Cover and blend on Speed 1 for about 30 seconds. Discard liquid and rinse the jar thoroughly.
For convenient storage, wrap the cord around the feet on the bottom of the blender base.
If additional assistance is needed, please contact our consumer service team at 1-800-465-6070.
For service, repair, or any questions regarding your appliance, please call our Customer Service Line at 1-800-465-6070. Please DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail the product back to the manufacturer, nor bring it to a service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this pamphlet.
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Spectrum
Brands’ liability will not exceed the purchase price of the product.
For how long?
• Two years from the date of the original purchase with proof of such purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either
new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker,
or call toll-free 1-800-465-6070, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
What does your warranty not cover?
• Damage from commercial use
• Damage from misuse, abuse, or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
Are there additional warranty exclusions?
• This warranty shall not be valid where it is contrary to the U.S. and other
applicable laws, or where the warranty would be prohibited under any economic sanctions, export control laws, embargos, or other restrictive trade measures enforced by the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claims implicating parties from, or otherwise located in, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the disputed Crimea region.
BLACK & DECKER, BLACK+DECKER, the BLACK & DECKER, and BLACK+DECKER logos and product names are trademarks of The Black & Decker Corporation, used under license. All rights reserved.
BLACK & DECKER, BLACK+DECKER, the BLACK & DECKER y los logos y nombres de productos de BLACK+DECKER son marcas registradas de The Black & Decker Corporation, usados bajo licencia. Todos los derechos reservados.
All other marks are Trademarks of Spectrum Brands, Inc. Todas la demás marcas son Marcas Registradas de Spectrum Brands, Inc.
Made in China. Fabricado en China.
© 2020 The Black & Decker Corporation and Spectrum Brands, Inc., Middleton, WI 53562