EASY GARMENT STEAMER
use and care manual
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed, including the following:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
- To reduce the risk of contact with hot water emitting from steam vents, check appliance before each use by holding it away from the body and operating the steam button.
- Use steamer only for the intended use.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the steamer in water or other liquids.
- Always turn the unit off before plugging or unplugging the unit from the electrical outlet.
- Never pull on the cord to disconnect from the electrical outlet; instead grasp the plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not allow the cord to touch hot surfaces. Let steamer cool completely before putting it away.
Loop cord loosely around the appliance when storing.
- Always unplug the steamer from the electric outlet before filling with water, emptying, or cleaning, and when not in use.
- Do not operate the steamer with a damaged cord, or if the appliance has been dropped or damaged, or if it is leaking. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble or attempt to repair the steamer; take it to a qualified service person for examination and
repair, or call the appropriate toll-free number in this manual. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the steamer is used.
- Close supervision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children. Do not leave the steamer unattended while connected.
- Burns can occur from touching hot water or steam. The appliance should not be turned upside down – there may be hot water in the reservoir. Avoid rapid movement of the steamer to minimize hot water spillage.
- To reduce the likelihood of circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a minimum 10-ampere rated cord should be used. Cords rated for less amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that it cannot be pulled or tripped over.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not use anything other than water in the steamer while in use or during cleaning.
- Never steam clothing while on a body.
- Never aim the steam directly towards people, animals, or plants. The steam is very hot and can result in burns. Burns can occur from touching hot parts (including the steamer head and frames), hot water, or steam.
- This unit should be used in an upright position only. Never hold the steam head down while at rest or tilt it as this may result in hot water discharge and possibly injury.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliances by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The steamer must be used and rested on a stable surface.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
This product is for household use only.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plugin anyway.
Note: If the power supply cord is damaged, in order to avoid a hazard, it should be replaced by qualified personnel.
Warning: This appliance is equipped with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent the removal of the outer cover. To reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not attempt to remove the outer cover. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done only by authorized service personnel.
PARTS AND FEATURES
|1. Steam head
|5. Max fill water line
6. Water tank window
7. On/Off switch
8. 8-foot cord (not shown)
- Remove all labels, tags, and stickers attached to the body, or cord of the steamer and the plastic band around the power plug.
- Remove and save literature.
- Please go to www.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker to register your warranty.
- Read all the instructions before using your steamer.
- Use distilled, purified, or filtered water. Tap water contains minerals that build up.
- Any water droplets are visible inside the tank are from individual quality control tests.
- Do not use perfumes, oils, or other additives.
- Always review the garment manufacturer’s care label instructions before steaming. Test fabrics for colorfastness in inconspicuous areas (such as an inseam). Do not use it on leather, suede, vinyl, or plastic.
- The steamer becomes hot during use.
HOW TO USE This unit should be used in an upright position only. Do not tilt.
|To fill the water tank, hold
the base firmly with one hand and the top with the other.
|Turn top counterclockwise.||Lift the top off.||Pour distilled, purified, or
filtered water into the opening until the water reaches the “MAX” level.
Note: Do not use oils, perfumes, or scented additives.
|Replace and turn top
clockwise until the arrows
align and you feel a “click”.
Dry off excess water. Plug into the power outlet. Press the ON/ OFF switch to ON.
|The steamer will take
approximately 80 seconds to
heat up and generate steam.
Hang garment against a heat/
steam proof surface.
|Hold steamer by the handle
in the upright position. Do not
tilt. Hold the fabric taut while
slowly moving the steamer. Keep hands away from steam.
|When done, unplug, allow
to cool, empty tank, wipe all
surfaces with a soft cloth,
reassemble, and store upright.
|The steamer is plugged in but not heating.||There’s a power supply issue.||Check that the plug is properly inserted into the outlet or try plugging the steamer into a different outlet.|
|Not enough steam or no steam is coming out of the steamer.||The steamer isn’t heated up to full temperature.||Always allow the steamer to preheat for at least 80 seconds.|
|There is not enough water in the water tank.||Follow the instructions under the “filling the water tank” section and fill to Max level marker.|
|Calcium deposits have built up.||Follow the instructions under TIPS on how “To decalcify steamer”.|
|Discolored water is coming through the holes and staining the fabric.||Residue has built up in the water tank.||Empty the water tank after each use. Only use distilled, filtered, or purified water.|
|Perfumed or scented additives were used.||Regularly clean steamer and refrain from using perfumed or scented additives.|
|The steamer is leaking or spitting.||The steamer is not hot enough.||Allow the steamer to heat for about 80 seconds.|
|Condensation has built up.||Gently wipe the steam head with a soft, damp cloth to remove condensation.|
|The water tank is running low.||Follow the instructions in the “How to Use” section and fill in the Max level marker.|
- Sensitive items (such as items with embellishments) should be steamed from the inside of the garment to avoid damage.
- Allow the clothing to cool for about 5 minutes after steaming to set the press.
- To decalcify steamer, mix 1/2 white vinegar with 1/2 water. Plug in a steamer and run half of the solution through the steamer. Unplug and let it sit for 30 min. Dump out. Repeat as needed until steam output improves. Run fresh water through steamer before using on clothes.
CLEANING AND CARE
This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer to qualified service personnel.
CLEANING STEAMER EXTERIOR
- Make sure steamer is unplugged and completely cool.
- Wipe the outer surface with soft, damp cloth. Water and small amounts of gentle household soaps, such as dishwashing liquid, can be used on the exterior. Never use heavy-duty cleaner, or abrasive scouring pads that may scratch or discolor the steamer.
- After the steamer has been thoroughly dried, turn it back on and lightly steam over an old cloth. This will help remove any reside left in the steam holes.
REMOVING MINERAL BUILDUP
- Make sure steamer is unplugged and completely cool.
- Mix together half a cup of vinegar with half a cup of water.
- Remove steamer head and slowly pour mixture into the opening.
- Run the steamer until half of the mixture is gone. Let rest for 30 minutes and pour out.
- Rinse water tank with water and replace steamer head.
STORING THE STEAMER
- Check that the steamer is unplugged and completely cool.
- Wrap the cord loosely around the base of the steamer.
- Always store steamer upright on its base to prevent water leakage.
Tip: Emptying the tank after each use is recommended because standing water can leave a residue over time.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, please call our Customer Service Line at 1-800-4656070.
Please DO NOT return the product to the place of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to a
You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this pamphlet.
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
- Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Spectrum Brands’ liability will not exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
- Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of such purchase.
What will we do to help you?
- Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or factory refurbished.
How do you get service?
- Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
- Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/blackanddecker, or call toll-free 1-800-465-6070, for general warranty service.
- If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
How does state law relate to this warranty?
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.
What does your warranty not cover?
- Damage from commercial use
- Damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
- Products that have been modified in any way
- Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
- Glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
- Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
- Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation may not apply to you.)
Are there additional warranty exclusions?
- This warranty shall not be valid where it is contrary to U.S. and other applicable laws, or where the warranty would be prohibited under any economic sanctions, export control laws, embargos, or other restrictive trade measures enforced by the United States or other applicable jurisdictions. This includes, without limitation, any warranty claims implicating parties from, or otherwise located in, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and the disputed Crimea region.
BLACK+DECKER and the BLACK+DECKER logos are trademarks of The Black & Decker Corporation, used under license by Spectrum Brands, Inc. for its manufacturing and sale of this product. All rights reserved.
At the end of this product’s life,
you can mail it to Spectrum Brands at
507 Stokely Drive, Deforest, WI 53532
marked “Product Takeback: Please Recycle!”
Customer Care Line: 1-800-465-6070
For online customer service:
© 2021 Spectrum Brands, Inc., Middleton, WI 53562
All rights reserved.
Made in China.