Bonsenkitchen CM8008 Coffee Maker
Before using the electrical appliance, the following basic precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Before using check that the voltage of wall outlet corresponds to rated voltage marked on the rating plate.
- To protect against fire, electric shock and injury to persons do not immerse cord, plug, in water or other liquid.
- Remove plug from wall outlet before cleaning and when not in use. Allow appliance cool down completely before taking off, attaching components or before cleaning.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair or electrical or mechanical adjustment.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
- Place appliance on flat surface or table, do not hang power cord over the edge of table or counter.
- Ensure the power cord do not touch hot surface of appliance.
- Do not place the coffee maker on hot surface or beside fire in order to avoid to being damaged.
- To disconnect, remove plug from wall outlet. Always hold the plug. But never pull the cord.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use and place it in a dry environment.
- Close supervision is necessary when your appliance is being used near children.
- Be careful not to get burned by the steam.
- Do not touch the hot surface of appliance (such as steam wand, and the steel mesh just boiling). Use handle or knobs.
- Do not let the coffee maker operate without water.
- Do not remove the metal funnel when appliance in brewing coffee or making steam.
- WARNING: To avoid the risk of injury, do not open the brew chamber during the brew process.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliances by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Save these instructions.
- It you do not use the product for a long time, you need to turn on the power and then release steam for 3 minutes before leaving this product.
- It you cut off power during steam release, residual heat will make product continue to release steam for a length of time, the product will stop releasing steam immediately once you turn off steam knob.
- WARNING: Risk of Fire or Electric Shock. Do not remove this cover. No user serviceable parts inside. Repair should be done by authorized service personnel only .
- NOTE of PLUG
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug is intended to fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to modify the plug in any way.
- NOTE of CORD
- a) A short power-supply cord (or detachable power-supply cord) is provided to reduce the risk resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
- b) Longer detachable power-supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- c) If a longer detachable power-supply cord or extension cord is used:
- 1) The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance;
- 2) The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally; and
- 3) If the appliance is of the grounded type, the cord set or extension cord should be a grounding-type 3-wire cord.
KNOW YOUR COFFEE MAKER
- Power button
- Pump button
- Coffee/Steam button
- Steam control knob
- Water tank cover
- Water tank
- Top cover
- Steam wand
- Froth device
- Main body
- 2-cup steel mesh
- Metal funnel
- Metal funnel handle
- Water float
- Removable shelf
- Drip tray
- 120V ~ 60Hz 850W
BEFORE THE FIRST USE
To ensure the first cup of coffee tastes excellent, you should rinse the coffee maker with warm water as follows:
- Pour water into water tank, the water level should not exceed the “MAX” mark in the tank. Then replace the water tank cover.
Note: the appliance is supplied with a detachable tank for easy cleaning, you can fill the tank with water firstly, and then put the tank into the appliance.
- Set steel mesh into metal funnel (no coffee in steel mesh).
- Place a container on removable shelf. Make sure steam control knob is on the OFF position.
- Connect unit into power source, Press the Power button one time, the indicator is illuminated in red.
- Press the Pump button, the pump will pump water out, when there is water flowing out and turn off the pump by pressing the Pump button, press the Coffee/Steam button and wait for a moment, the appliance begins to preheat until the indicator of Pump button is illuminated, it shows the pre-heating is finished. Press the pump control switchand water will flow out.
- After water does not drop out any more, pour the water in the container out then clean them thoroughly, now you can start to brew.
Note: There may be noise when pumping the water for the first time, it is normal, the appliance is releasing the air inside. After about 20s, the noise will disappear.
To make a cup of good hot Espresso coffee, we recommend you preheating the appliance before making coffee, including the funnel, filter and cup, so that the coffee flavour can not be influenced by the cold parts.
- Remove the detachable tank and open the tank cover to fill it with desired water, the water level should not exceed the “MAX” mark in the tank. Then place the tank into the appliance properly.
- Select the two-cup steel mesh, Set the mesh into metal funnel, make sure the tube on the funnel aligns with groove in the appliance, then insert the funnel into the appliance from the “Insert” position, and attach it into coffee maker firmly through turning it anticlockwise until it is at the “Lock” position.
- Place an espresso cup on removable shelf.
- Then connect the appliance to power supply. Make sure the steam control knob is on the OFF position.
- Press the Power button one time, the red indicator is illuminated, make the Coffee/Steam button. Press the Pump button, when there is water flowing out, turn off the pump immediately. The purpose of the step is to pump the water out of the tank into the housing.
- When the indicator of Pump button is illuminated, press the Pump button again, there will be hot water flowing out. When its indicator is extinguished, turn off the pump. The pre-heating is finished.
MAKE ESPRESSO COFFEE
- Remove the funnel by turning it clockwise. Add ground coffee to 1-cup steel mesh or 2- cup steel mesh with measuring spoon, a spoon ground coffee power can make about a cup of top-grade coffee, then press the ground coffee powder tight with the tamper.
- Set steel mesh into metal funnel, make sure the tube on the funnel aligns with groove in the appliance, then insert the funnel into the appliance from the “Insert” position, and attach it into coffee maker firmly through turning it anticlockwise until it is at the “Lock” position.
- Place the cup on removable shelf.
- At the time, the indicator of Pump button shall be illuminated, if it is still off, wait for a moment, once its indicator is illuminated, press the Pump button and wait for a moment, there will be coffee flowing out.
- Press Power button when desired coffee is obtained or the colour of coffee changes weak obviously, all indicators go out and the coffee maker stops working, your coffee is ready now.
WARNING: Do not leave the coffee maker unattended during making the coffee, as you need operate manually sometimes!
- After finishing making coffee, take the metal funnel out through turning clockwise, then pour the coffee residue out of steel mesh by pressing press bar.
- Let unit cool down completely, then rinse under running water.
MAKE CAPPUCCINO/FROTHED MILK
You will get a cup of cappuccino when you top up a cup of espresso with frothed milk. Method:
- Prepare espresso first with a container big enough according to the part “MAKE ESPRESSO COFFEE”, make sure that steam control knob is at the OFF position.
- Press the Coffee/Steam button , the indicator of the Pump button will be illuminated, wait for until the indicator in the Coffee/Steam button is illuminated.
Note: During operation, the indicator in the Coffee/Steam button will cycle on and off to maintain to desired temperature.
- Fill a jug with about 100 ml milk for each cappuccino to be prepared, it is recommended to use whole milk at refrigerator temperature (not hot!).
Note: In choosing the size of jug, it is recommend its diameter shall be not less than 70±5mm, and bear in mind that the milk increases in volume by 2 times, make sure the height of jug is enough.
- Turn the Steam control knob slowly anti-clockwise, steam will come out from the frothing device.
Note: Never turn the Steam control button rapidly, as the steam will accumulate rapidly in short time which may increase the potential of the risk of explosion.
- Insert the frothing device into the milk about two centimetre, froth milk in the way moving vessel round from up to down.
- When the required purpose is reached, you can turn the steam control knob to OFF position.
Note: Clean steam outlet with wet sponge immediately after steam stops releasing, but care not to hurt!
- Pour the frothed milk into the espresso prepared, now the cappuccino is ready. Sweeten to taste and if desired, sprinkle the froth with a little cocoa powder.
- Press the Power button to cut off power, all indicators will be extinguished.
Note: we recommend you shall allow coffee maker to cool down at least for 5 min before making coffee again. Otherwise burnt odor may occurred in your Espresso.
The steam wand can be used to make hot beverages like drinking chocolate, water or tea. Method:
- Open the water tank cover, remove the detachable tank and fill it with desired water, the water level should not exceed the “MAX” mark in the tank. Then replace water tank.
- Replace the top cover, then connect the appliance to power supply .
- Press the Power button, its indicator is illuminated.
- Remove the frothing device from the steam wand.
- Dip the steam wand into the liquid to be heated. Turn the Steam control knob anti-clockwise slowly to start making steam.
- When the required temperature is reached, turn the Steam control knob to OFF position.
- Press the power buttonto cut off the power source.
INDICATORS ALARM DESCRIPTIONS
- When unit is powered on, the indicator of Power button is solidly on, the indicator of Pump button flashes to indicate preheating, once the preheating is complete, it is solidly on, at this time you can press the Pump button to brew coffee. If you press Pump button before preheating is finished, the indicator of Pump button quickly flashes to alarm, unit will return to the preheating state after Pump button is pressed again.
- If the Pump button and the Coffee/Steam button are pressed at the same time, the indicators of both these buttons flash quickly to alarm. This is a misoperation, and the alarm will be cancelled after the Coffee/Steam button is pressed;
- After frothing milk, press Coffee/steam button and then press the Pump button. At this time as the temperature of unit will be too high,the indicators of both these buttons will quickly flash to alarm, press the Coffee/Steam button again to cancel the alarm or press the Pump button to pump water out to cool unit down, you can turn Steam control knob to spray water from steam wand to cool unit down or you can dispense water at coffee outlet to cool unit down. After the cooling is completed, the pump will automatically stop working and then the alarm will be cancelled;
- Press the Pump button, the pump will automatically stop working after 90 seconds of continuous pumping, the Pump indicator flashes, press Pump button again to cancel the alarm, at this time the indicator is solidly
AUTOMATIC POWER OFF FUNCTION
If there is no any operation within 25 minutes, the unit will enter the standby mode with all indicators off. In standby mode the unit can be activated by pressing any button.
CLEAN AND MAINTENANCE
- Unplug coffee maker and let it cool down completely before cleaning.
- Clean housing of coffee maker with moisture-proof sponge often and clean water tank, drip tray and removable shelf regularly then dry them.
Note: Do not clean with alcohol or solvent cleanser. Never immerse the housing in water for cleaning.
- Detach the metal funnel by turning it clockwise, get rid of coffee residue inside, then you can clean it with cleanser, but at last you must rinse with clear water.
- Clean all the attachments in the water and dry thoroughly.
CLEANING MINERAL DEPOSITS
- To make sure your coffee maker operating efficiently, internal piping is cleanly and the peak flavor of coffee, you should clean away the mineral deposits left every 2-3 months.
- Fill the tank with water and descaler to the MAX level ( the scale of water and descaler is 4:1, the detail refers to the instruction of descaler. Please use “household descaler”, you can use the citric acid (obtainable from chemist’s or drug stores) instead of the descaler (the one hundred parts of water and three parts of citric acid).
- According to the program of pre-heating, put the metal funnel(no coffee powder inside ) and jug in place. Perform brewing per” PRE-HEATING”.
- Press the power buttonone time, its red indicator will be illuminated, press the Pump control switch, maker sure the Coffee/Steam button , when there is water flowing out and turn off the pump, and wait for a moment, the coffee maker begins to preheat.
- When the indicator of Pump button is illuminated, it indicates preheating is finished. Pressing the Pump button and make two cups coffee (about 2oz). Then turn off the pump and wait for 5s.
- Press the Coffee/Steam button, the indicator of Pump button will be extinguished, waiting for until the indicator of Coffee/Steam button is illuminated. Make steam for 2mins by turning Steam control knob, then turn Steam control knob to OFF position to stop making steam. Press the power buttonto stop the unit immediately, make the descalers deposit in the unit for at least 15 minutes.
- Restart the unit and repeat the stemps 4-6 at least 3 times.
- Then press the Coffee/Steam button, the indicator of Pump button will be illuminated, then press the Pump button to brew until no descaler is left in the tank.
- Then make unit brew with tap water in the MAX level, repeat steps 4-6 for 3 times (it is unnecessary to wait for 15 minutes in Step 6), then brew until no water is left in the tank.
- Repeat the step of 9 at least 3 times to make sure the piping system is clean.
The metal parts in the tank have rust
|The descaler is not recomm- ended type. It may corrode the metal parts in the tank||
Get rid of them
Water leaks from the bottom of coffee maker
|There is much water in the drip tray||
Please clean the drip tray
|The coffee maker is malfunction||Please contact with the authorized service facility for repairing|
|Water leaks out of outer side of filter||There is some coffee powder on filter edge||
Get rid of them
Acid (vinegar) taste exists in Espresso coffee
No clean correctly after cleaning mineral deposits
|Clean coffee maker per the content in “before the first use” for several times|
The coffee powder is stored in a hot, wet place for a long time. The coffee powder turns bad
|Please use fresh coffee powder, or store unused coffee powder in a cool, dry place. After opening a package of coffee powder, reseal
it tightly and store it in a refrigerator to maintain its freshness
The coffee maker cannot work any more
The power outlet is not plugged well
|Plug the power cord into a wall outlet correctly, if the appliance still does not work, please contact with the authorized service facility for repairing|
The steam cannot froth
The white indicator is not illuminated.
|Only after the white indicator is illuminated, the steam can be used to froth|
|The container is too big or the shape is not fit||
Use high and narrow cup
|You have used skimmed milk||Use whole milk or half-skimmed milk|
Do not take apart the appliance by yourself if the cause of failure is not found, you had better contact certified serving center.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
To ensure quick processing of your case, please observe the following instructions: Please have the till receipt and the item number (S/N: 12345) available as proof of purchase. You will find the item number as a sticker on the rear or bottom of the appliance. If malfunctions or other defects occur, please contact our customer service listed either by telephone or by email. If you request any further assistance, please contact us: Customer service: [email protected]
ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY DISPOSAL
This product must not be disposed together with the domestic waste. This product has to be disposed at an authorized place for recycling of electrical and electronic appliances. By collecting and recycling waste, you help save natural resources, and make sure the product is disposed in an environmental friendly and health way.
Register your product at www.bonsenkitchen.com to get more perks!