BonsenKitchen Induction Cooktop Instruction Manual
Congratulations on the purchase of your new appliance! You have chosen a modern, high-quality product These operating instructions are part of the product. They contain important information about safety, usage and disposal. Before using the product, please familiarise yourself with all operating and safety instructions. This appliance may only be used as described and for the purposes indicated. Please also pass these operating instructions on to any future owner.
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed including the following:
- Read all instructions.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- To protect against electrical hazards, do not immerse cord, plugs, or the appliance in water or other liquid
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Before cleaning. unplug from outlet first and make sure the device is cool down.
- DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Retum appliance to the manufacturer for examination, repair or electrical or mechanical adjustment. All servicing, other than cleaning, should be performed by an authorized service representative.
- If the appliance is not working as described in this instruction booklet, please discontinue use and contact us.
- The use of accessories or attachments not recommended by us may cause hazards.
- Do not use outdoors if it rains.
- Do not let the power cord hanging over edge of table or counter.
- A fire may occur if surface is covered or touching flammable material such as curtains, draperies, walls and the like when in operation.
- Always disconnect appliance from outlet when not in use. To disconnect, turn any control to OFF then remove plug from wall outlet
- Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be used when moving an appliance containing hot liquids. Do not over fill cookware used on the appliance to avoid spilling when contents are boiling.
- People with pacemakers or similar medical devices should be careful when standing near this induction cooktop while it is powered on. The electromagnetic field may affect pacemakers or similar devices. Consult your doctor, or the manufacturer of the pacemaker, or similar medical device for additional information regarding the possible effects of electromagnetic fields emitted by induction cooktops.
This appliance is intended exclusively for heating up foodstuffs and keeping them warm. This appliance is intended solely for use in private households. Do not use it for commercial purposes. Use the appliance only in dry places and never use it outdoors.
Danger If not used as Intended! The appliance may be hazardous if used for any other purpose and/or in any manner than the one intended.
- Use the appliance only for its intended purpose.
- Observe the procedures described in these operating instructions.
- Failure to use the appliance for its intended purpose and/or for an alternative purpose can be dangerous. Use the appliance only for its intended purpose. Observe the procedures described in these operating instructions. Claims of any kind for damage resulting from misuse, incompetent repairs, unauthorised modification or the use of unauthorised spare parts will not be accepted. The risk shall be borne solely by the user.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
- Ensure that the power cable never becomes wet or damp when the appliance is in use. Route the cable so that it cannot be trapped or damaged in any way.
- Ensure that the mains plug is connected exclusively to a properly installed, easily accessible mains socket that has a voltage corresponding to the specifications on the rating plate. The mains socket must remain easily accessible even following connection.
- After use, always disconnect the plug from the mains power socket. When doing so, always take hold of the plug, not the mains cable.
- Just switching off the appliance is not sufficient, as the appliance is subject to mains voltage as long as the plug is connected to the mains power socket.
- Protect the cooktop from damage: Do not load it unevenly and do not allow objects to fall onto it. Do not continue to use the appliance if either the cooktop or the housing is damaged. If this is the case, immediately remove the plug from the mains power socket and arrange for the appliance to be repaired.
- Arrange for defective power plugs and/or cables to be replaced as soon as possible by a qualified technician or by our Customer Service Department to avoid the risk of injury.
- If the surface of the cooktop is cracked, disconnect the plug from the mains power socket to avoid receiving an electric shock. Ensure that the appliance, the power cable and the power plug are never immersed in water or other fluids.
- DO NOT TOUCH THE AREA WHERE A HOT COOKING POT HAS JUST BEEN STANDING. DIRECTLY AFTER COOKING, THIS AREA CAN BE VERY HOT.
- NIS APPLIANCE MAY BE USED BY CHILDREN OF THE AGE OF 8 YEARS OR MORE AND BY PERSONS WITH REDUCED PHYSICAL, SENSORY OR MENTAL CAPABILITIES OR LACK OF EXPERIENCE AND/ OR KNOWLEDGE IF THEY ARE BEING SUPERVISED OR HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED WITH REGARD TO THE SAFE USE OF THE APPLIANCE AND HAVE UNDERSTOOD THE POTENTIAL RISKS.
- CHILDREN MUST NOT PLAY WITH THE APPLIANCE
- CLEANING AND USER MAINTENANCE MUST NOT BE PERFORMED BY CHILDREN UNLESS THEY ARE OLDER THAN 8 YEARS OF AGE AND ARE SUPERVISED.
- CHILDREN YOUNGER THAN 8 YEARS MUST BE KEPT AWAY FROM THE APPLIANCE AND THE POWER CABLE.
- DO NOT HEAT SEALED CANS OR OTHER SEALED CONTAINERS.
CAUTION! HOT SURFACE!
THIS SYMBOL WARNS YOU NOT TO TOUCH THE COOKTOP DIRECRY AFTER USE. RISK OF BURNS!
HAZARD FOR AND THROUGH LIVESTOCK AND PETS
- ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES CAN CAUSE HAZARDS TO LIVESTOCK AND PETS. FURTHERMORE, ANIMALS CAN ALSO DAMAGE THE APPLIANCE ITSELF. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE KEEP ANIMALS GENERALLY AWAY FROM ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES.
- OVERHEATED FOODSTUFFS CAN START BURNING! NEVER LEAVE THE APPLIANCE UNSUPERVISED WHILE IT IS IN USE.
- ADDITIONALLY, NEVER POSITION THE APPLIANCE BELOW FLAMMABLE OBJECTS, ESPECIALLY NOT BELOW CURTAINS.
- NEVER HEAT A SECURELY CLOSED CONTAINER. HEAT EXPANSION CAN QUICKLY CAUSE AN EXPLOSION.
- NEVER HEAT AN EMPTY CONTAINER. THIS WOULD OVERHEAT VERY QUICKLY, LEADING TO A RISK OF FIRE AND SERIOUS DAMAGE TO THE COOKTOP.
- DO NOT PLACE ANY METALUC OBJECTS, SUCH AS KITCHEN UTENSILS OR CUTLERY, ON THE COOKTOP. THEY CAN BECOME VERY HOT IN THE INDUCTION FIELD.
- BE CAREFUL WHEN HEATING SMALL AMOUNTS OF OIL! DO NOT USE A HIGH POWER OR TEMPERATURE LEVEL. OTHERWISE, THE OIL CAN BURN AND CATCH FIRE! NEVER USE WATER TO EXTINGUISH BURNING OIL! SMOTHER THE FLAMES BY COVERING THEM WITH A SUITABLE LID OR PLATE.
- NEVER OPERATE THE APPLIANCE ON A METAL TABLE OR OTHER METALLIC SURFACE. THIS MAY HEAT UP AND THUS CAUSE A FIRE. OR THE APPLIANCE COULD BECOME IRREPARABLY DAMAGED.
- NEVER OPERATE THE APPLIANCE ON A TOGILE SURFACE SUCH AS A TABLECLOTH.
- DO NOT OPERATE THE APPLIANCE USING AN EXTERNAL TIME SWITCH OR A SEPARATE REMOTE CONTROL SYSTEM.
- THE APPLIANCE IS FITTED WITH A VENTILATION FAN ON THE BOTTOM. ALWAYS ENSURE THAT A FREE AIR INTAKE IS GUARANTEED. LEAVE AT LEAST 10 CM SPACE FREE AROUND THE APPLIANCE AND 60 CM ABOVE IT.
To avoid hazard caused by electromagnetic fields
• Maintain a minimum distance of 1 m from appliances that are sensitive to electromagnetic fields (e.g. screens, clocks, magnetic storage media, electronic appliances, etc.). • Medical devices such as pacemakers, hearing aids and other devices may need to be kept at a greater distance. If in doubt, consult the manufacturer of the medical device!
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other).To reduce the risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not modify the plug in anyway.
DESCRIPTION OF PARTS
- Cookware Circular Guide
- Power Setting Display
- Temperature Button
- Roti/Pancake Button
- “-” Button
- “+” Button
- Max Power Button
- Power Button
- Timer Buttons
- Pause Button
- Temperature Indicators
- ON/OFF Button
How to Use
- Place the induction cooktop on a dry level surface.f
- Add food to the cookware.
- Place the cookware within the Circular Guide (1) indicated on the Induction Cooktop.
NOTE Ensure that the bottom of the cookware is clean as dirt may cause the bottom to stick to the Induction Cooktop.
NEVER heat empty cookware. This will cause the unit to overheat, damage the Cookware, and/or cause the unit to shut off.
- Plug into a 120 volt outlet. The unit will beep and the Indicator Light above the On/Off Button will flash.
- Press the ON/OFF Button(12) to turn the unit on. The ON/OFF indicator will be illuminated.
- Press the Power Button (8), the will light and the display window shows the default power setting “P5”, Press the “+/-” Buttons (5/6) to select desired power level: “+” Button (6) to increase and “-” Button (5) to decrease the power.There are total 9 power levels (P1: 100W, P2: 300W, P3: 600W, P4: 800W, P5:1000W, P6: 1200W, P7: 1400W, P8: 1600W, P9: 1800W).
- Max Power mode. If you wish to make the cookware s temperature increase cooking, press the Max Power Button(7). The indicator above this button will cooktop will start the maximum power level for heating. The display window shows the power level “P9”.
- Press the Temperature Button(3) to switch to the temperature mode, the will light and the display window shows “F6”, the default temperature 380 °F. The temperature indicator will flash. Press the “+/-” Buttons (5/6) to select desired temperature level: “+” button(6) to increase and button to reduce the temperature.
There are total 8 temperature levels (140 °F, 180 °F, 260 °F, 300 °F, 340 °F, 380 °F, 420 °F, 460°F).
The indicator of selected temperature will flash and the indicator of lower temperature will light one by one, to show the temperature increasing. The indicator of selected temperature will change from flashing to remain illuminated after the temperature (bottom of the pan) reaches the selected temperature level. The cooktop will beep to notice the user.
- If you wish to use the timer, press the Timer Button(9). The Display window shows the default time”30″ for 30 minutes and flashing. Press the “+/-” Buttons (5/6) to select cooking time from lminute to 180 minutes: ” +” Button(6) to increase and “button to decrease the time. If you press and hold “+/-” Buttons (5/6), the time will change faster. Once desired time is selected, press Timer Button (9) again or wait 5 seconds then timer is now activated. Display window will show the timer or power level (if in temperature mode will show the timer and temperature level) alternately.When the programmed time has elapsed, the induction cooktop will beep once and shut off automatically.
NOTE If at any time during the cooking cycle you would like to cancel the timer, simply press the Timer Button (9).
- Roti/Pancake mode. If you wish to make the Roti or Pancake, press the Roti/Pancake Button(10) to switch to Roti/Pancake mode after turn on the cooktop. This mode preset the power level for making Roti or Pancake. The indicator above this button will light and the display window shows the default power “P5”.You can also press the +/- buttons to select desired power level: “+” button to increase and “-” button to decrease the power.The power level for this mode will be: (P3: 600W, P4: 800W, P5: 1000W, P6: 1200W, P7: 1400W).The Maximum working time for this mode is 1 hour,
- Pause function. If you wish to put the cooking on hold during the cooking cycle, press the Pause Button(10). Cooktop will stop heating the cookware and the indicator above Pause Button(10) will light. Press the Pause Button again to resume heating.
- Press the ON/OFF (12) Button to turn the unit off when finished cooking.
NOTE If the cookware is removed from the induction cooktop at any time during the cooking cycle, the unit will beep continually for 60 seconds, error code EO will appear in the Display Window and the unit will shut off automatically in order to reactivate the unit, place cookware back on the cooktop and follow steps 5 through.
NOTE When the unit is turned off, the fan will continue running and the display window will also display H until the temperature of the Induction Cooktop is below 120 °F(50 °C).
- This Induction Cooktop will only operate with suitable Cookware. The most common types are cast iron, enameled and stainless steel.The Induction Cooktop will not operate when using aluminum, ceramic, copper, glass or Pyrex or cookware that has a concave bottom.
NOTE Cookware bottom diameter should be no less than 10 cm (4″) or more than22 cm (8.7″) in order to work correctly. If the Cookware is larger than the circular cookware placement guides indicated on the Induction Cooktop, the area outside these guides will not work causing an inconsistent heating pattern.
- If the Induction cooktop has been turned on without a compatible pot in place the unit will beep for approximately 30 seconds, error code E0 will be appear in the Display Window and the unit will shut off automatically.
- When the unit is off, the fan may continue running until the temperature of the Induction Cooktop is below 120 T(50*C).
- NEVER heat empty cookware. This will cause the unit to overheat, damage the cook ware and/or cause the unit to shut off.
CARE AND CLEANING
- Make sure the temperature of the indication cooktop is bellow 120 °F.
- Unplug from the wall outlet.
- Clean the Induction Cooktop and the Control Panel with a damp cloth.
- Do not use a brush or abrasive cleansers. This may damage the Cooktop.
- Do not immerse the unit in water or any other liquid.
- Dry with a soft cloth.
- Clean the unit after each use when the unit is cool down.
CAUTION – PROPERTY DAMAGE!
- Do not use solvents or abrasive cleaners. This could damage the cooktop of the appliance.
- Do not use aggressive, chemical or abrasive cleaning agents! They could irreparably damage the surface!
- Use only a lightly moistened cloth to clean all surfaces and the power cable.
- Always dry the appliance properly before using it again.
- You can remove burnt-on soiling on the cooktop using a scraper specifically designed for ceramic cooktops (available in most shops selling household equipment).
- If there is any soiling in the area of the ventilation slots on the base of the appliance, you can attempt to remove this from the outside using a vacuum cleaner.
- Store the cleaned and dried appliance in a dust-free and clean location.
|After connecting the power and pressing the “Power” key, there is no response from the appliance.
|Is there a power supply failure?
|Wait for the power supply to be resumed.
|Is the fuse blown or circuit breaker tipped?
|Check the root causes Carefully. If the problem cannot be fixed, please contact our Service Center for inspection and repair.
|Is the plug connected firmly?
|Heating is interrupted the during normal use and a “Bee is p ” heard.
|Incompatible cookware or no cookware used?
|Replace cookware, use cookware suitable for the induction cooktop.
|The cookware is not placed on the center of the heating zone.
|Place the cookware on the center indicated heating zone.
|Is the cookware being heated but it is continually being removed?
|Place the cookware inside the heating zone
|No operation during the heating being in use.
|Is the cookware empty or the temperature too high?
|Please check whether the appliance is being misused.
|Is the air intake/exhaust vent clogged or has dirt accumulated on it?
|Unclog the air intake/exhaust vent. Wait for the appliance to cool down then switch it on again.
|Is the cooktop working over 2 hours without any interaction?
|Reset cooking modes or use the timer function.
|Error codes are reported.
|If the error code EO is reported, please check if the cookware you are using is suitable for induction cooking or wait for the appliance to cool down and then switch it on again. If error codes El-E8 are reported, please contact the Service Center for inspection and repair.
A short supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards of becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord. Extension cords may be used if care is exercised in their use. If an extension Cord is used, the marked electrical rating of the detachable power-supply cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance. If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounded 3-wire cord. The extension cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or tabletop, where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
Warranty claim procedure
To ensure quick processing of your case, please observe the following instructions: Please have the till receipt and the item number(S/N: 12345)available as proof of purchase. You will find the item number as a sticker on the rear or bottom of the appliance. If function or other defects occur, please contact the service centre listed either by telephone or by e-mail.
If you need any further assistance, please contact us: Customer Service: 1-888-965-8032 [email protected]
The warranty for this appliance is for 12 months from the date of the first purchase. The appliance has been manufactured with care and meticulously examined before delivery. Please retain your receipt as proof of purchase. In the case of a warranty claim, please make contact with our Customer Service.
The warranty covers only claims for the material and manufacturing defects, but not for the transport damage, wearing parts or for damage to fragile components, e.g. buttons or batteries. This product is for domestic use only and is not intended for the commercial use. The warranty is void in the case of the abusive and improper handling, use of force and internal tampering not carried out by our authorized service branch.
Your statutory rights are not restricted in any way by this warranty. The warranty period is not extended by repairs made under the warranty. This applies also to replaced and repaired parts. Damages and defects extant at the time of purchase must be reported immediately after unpacking, resp. no later than two days after the date of purchase. Repairs made after the lapse of the warranty period are subject to charge.