Canon MAXIFY Wireless Home Office All-In-One Printer User Guide
A home office shouldn’t limit productivity. Engineered for maximum efficiency, the Canon MAXIFY MB2720 Home Office All-In-One boasts a quick first print out time and fast multi-page copying. The MAXIFY MB2720 enhances productivity with dual paper cassettes, so you are ready to take on the big jobs
Every MAXIFY printer is built on the foundation of five core features. These elements are the top desired printing features for business customers.
With Quick First Print, you’re ready to print in as little as 6 seconds from power on.
Count on Canon for the quality your business deserves.
With MAXIFY printers, you can print from your favorite device; whether that is a smartphone, tablet, computer, or even the cloud.
To help serve your business better, all MAXIFY printers feature 100% US based Service & Support with a dedicated MAXIFY email address and phone number.
Built to handle big jobs, the MAXIFY MB2720 features a 500 Sheet Paper Capacity with two 250 sheet paper trays.
With MAXIFY Printers, you can print from your favorite device; whether that is a smartphone, tablet, computer, or even the cloud.
Print laser-sharp text that is highlighter and smudge resistant with Dual Resistant High Density (DRHD) Inks.
With Quick First Print, you’re ready to print in as little as 6 seconds from power on.
- 3.0” Touch LCD
- Scan to Email
- Sharp Black Text
- Legal-Size Scanning
- 20,000 Page Duty Cycle4
- Auto 2-Sided Print
|Print Features||AirPrint (3) Auto 2-Sided Printing, Advanced Auto Sheet Feeder, Canon PRINT app (2) Document Printing, Microsoft Mobile Print, Mopria®6 , Print from USB, Quick Toolbox, Wireless Printing(7)|
|Print Speed||FPOT (Black): 6 Seconds ESAT (Black): 24.0 ipm FPOT (Color): 7 Seconds ESAT (Color): 15.5 ipm|
|Number of Nozzles||Pigment Black: 1,280 / Color: 3,072 / Total: 4,352|
|Print Resolution||Up to 600 x 1200 dpi|
|Recommended Monthly Print Volume||250 – 1,250 Pages per Month – Ideal for 1-4 users|
|Paper Sizes||4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Tray Capacity||Upper Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper (Letter or Legal) or 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4”x 6” Lower Cassette: 250 Sheets Plain Paper (Letter or Legal)|
|Copy Features||2-on-1 Copy, 4-on-1 Copy, ID Card Copy, AE (Auto Exposure / Intensity) Copy, Collated Copy (ADF only), Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy (Flatbed), Preset Copy Ratios, Preview, Standard Copy, Zoom|
|Copy Speed||FCOT (Color): Approx. 12 Seconds|
|Reduction/ Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Scan Features||Push Scan, Scan to Memory (USB Flash Memory), Network Scan, Scan Solution, Scan to Cloud, Scan to Concur9 , Scan to Email, Scan to Network Folder|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Scanning Resolution1||ADF & Flatbed: 1200 x 1200 dpi (Optical), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated)|
|Maximum Color Depth||h 48-bit Internal/24-bit External|
|Maximum||Flatbed: 8.5” x 11” (Letter) ADF: 8.5” x 14” (Legal)|
|ADF Sheet Capacity||Letter Size: 50 Sheets Legal Size: 10 Sheets|
|FAX Features||Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info, Dial Search, Double-Sided printing (Fax Images), FAX to Network Folder, Extra Fine Mode, Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception|
|Modem Speed (Up to)11||33.6 Kbps (Super G3 Color FAX|
|Transmission Speed1||2 Black: Approx. 3 sec. per page Color: Approx. 1 min. per page|
|Memory Capacity13||Approx. 250 Pages|
|Group Dialing||100 Locations|
|General Features||Custom Profi les, 3.0” Touch LCD, Folder Setting Utility, Access Point Mode, High Page Yield, Job Reservation, Low Cost Per Page Printing, Quick First Print, MAXIFY Cloud Link14, Quiet Mode, Standard MIB Support, SNMP Support, Records of Use, Job Reservation, Remote UI, Setting Restrictions|
|Connectivity||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)7 ; Ethernet; USB Flash Memory; Hi-Speed USB|
|Size/Weight15||Dimensions: 18.3” (L) x 18.1” (W) x 12.6” (H) Weight: 26.5 lbs.|
|Computer Operating Systems||Windows:, 16,17 Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1, Vista SP2, Windows Server® 2012, 2012 R217, Windows Server® 2008, 2008 R217 Mac:18 Mac OS® X v10.8.5 – 10.11|
|Mobile Operating Systems||iOS®, Android, Windows RT20 and Windows 10 Mobile|
|Software (Windows16,17/Mac18)||MAXIFY MB2720 Printer Driver; Master Setup; Poster Artist Lite21 (Windows Only); Scan Utility; My Printer (Windows Only); Network Tool; Speed Dial Utility|
|Warranty22||1-Year limited warranty with Instant Exchange program. 1-Year toll-free 100% US-based technical phone support. Dedicated MAXIFY service email: [email protected] Dedicated MAXIFY phone support at 1-844-4-MAXIFY Monday – Friday: 8am – 10pm Saturday: 10am – 7pm|
|Model No.||MAXIFY MB2720 Wireless Home Office All-In-One Printer||0958C002[AA]|
|Compatible Inks||PGI-1200 XL Pigment Black Ink Tank||9183B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 XL Pigment Cyan Ink Tank||9196B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 XL Pigment Magenta Ink Tank||9197B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 XL Pigment Yellow Ink Tank||9198B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 Pigment Black Ink Tank||9219B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 Pigment Cyan Ink Tank||9232B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 Pigment Magenta Ink Tank||9233B001[AA]|
|PGI-1200 Pigment Yellow Ink Tank||9234B001[AA]|
|Value Ink Pack||PGI-1200 CMY Value Pack||9232B005[AA]|
For the name of the nearest dealer, call: 1-800-OK-CANON
SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
ALL VIEWSCREEN AND PRINTER OUTPUT IMAGES ARE SIMULATED.
- Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734. Document print speeds are the averages of FPOT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC17629:2014. Print speed may vary. During successive printing, the printer may slow down the operation to prevent the internal temperature from rising. depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO/IEC 29183.Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warming up time. When scanning or copying a certain volume of documents (approx. 150 sheets in default settings) continuously from the ADF, the printer may switch to “waiting mode“ in which paper feeding stops for several tens of seconds after each scan to prohibit overheating the ADF. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Requires an Internet connection and the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 7.0 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Duty Cycle is defined as the maximum number of printed pages for a single peak month.
- Requires Android™ mobile device with Android 5.0 operating system or later with the Mopria Print Service pre-loaded with that device and the compatible PIXMA printer on the same wireless network. Printing with Mopria is also available on mobile devices with Android 5.0 operating system or later with a download of the Mopria Print Service from Google Play.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/600 inch at minimum.
- Scan to Concur requires a valid Concur account. Scanned fi les have a 10MB volume limit, with a 100 page maximum. Multi scan not available, receipts uploaded to Concur Cloud.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T version 3.4 guidelines.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed varies depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1. The number of pages able to be kept in memory will vary based on remaining memory capacity and document complexity.
- Requires an Internet connection.
- Dimensions with letter (A4) paper installed.
- Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with factory-installed Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or XP.
- Available from printer driver and fax driver only. XPS drive is not supported for Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2.
- Internet Connection required during software installation.
- Some functions may not be available with these Operating Systems. Please refer to the manual or our website for full details.
- Requires a Windows RT compatible device with Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 and the Canon Easy-Photo Print app for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store.
- Poster Artist Lite software v2.60.00 is compatible with 64/32 bit versions of Microsoft® Windows®10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista®, and only compatible with Canon PIXMA (released after July 2015), MAXIFY, image PROGRAF and Océ printers. Minimum computer system requirements: Pentium4 2.4Ghz CPU or higher with 1GB RAM, 1024×768 pixel display and 5GB of system hard drive space.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
©2020 Canon U.S.A., Inc. Canon and PIXMA is a registered trademark and MAXIFY is a trademark of Canon Inc. in the U.S. and may be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Microsoft, Windows, the Windows logo and Internet Explorer are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies in the U.S. and other countries. AirPort, Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Time Capsule are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. AirPrint is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Mopria is a trademark of the Mopria Alliance Inc. The USB-IF logo is a trademark of Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The ‘Wi-Fi CERTIFIED’ logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The Wi-Fi Protected Setup Mark is a mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other product and brand names are trademarks of their respective owners.
As an ENERGY STAR® partner, Canon U.S.A., Inc. has determined that this product meets the ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency.