Compact Ceramic Heater
Model No. CZ442E
Energy Save Technology helps save energy and reduces your heating costs. The Energy Save heat setting provides comfortable heating using 30% less energy than a standard heater*!
*Note: Compared to a 1,500 watt space heater on high heat. Patent Pending
- Adjustable Thermostat
- Three Heat Settings
- Energy Save Mode
- Fan Only Setting
- Top Mounted Control Panel
- Power Indicator Light
- Safety Overheat Protection
- Safety Tip-Over Switch
- Convenient Carry Handle
- 120V A.C., 60Hz., 12.5A, 5120 BTUs
This product is intended for indoor residential and office use only, not for industrial or other commercial application. Use only with electrical wiring that is in good working order and that meets applicable codes and ordinances. This heater must be plugged in to a 120V AC, 15 Amp. (or larger) circuit. Do not plug anything additional into the same circuit. If you have any questions whether your wiring is adequate, consult a qualified electrician. Risk of fire, overheating, malfunction, property damage, injury or even death may result if not adhered to.
Use your heater-Ian only with a working smoke detector located in the vicinity of your heater/fan.
While using your heater/fan, you should follow the IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS listed below. As part of those instructions, we have used the word “WARNING” to indicate the level of hazard: WARNING indicates a hazard which, if not avoided, could result in injury or death.
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all the instructions before using this heater/fan.
- This heater/fan is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. Use provided handle when moving this heater. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 meters) from the front of the heater-fan and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- Do not use heater unattended. Use of extreme caution is necessary when any heater is used by or near children, invalids, disabled persons or pets.
- Do not operate the heater with a damaged power cord or after the heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return heater to authorized service facility for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment or repair.
- Do not use heater outdoors.
- Use your heater only in dry environments. This heater is not intended for use in a bathroom, laundry area, or similar locations, or near sinks, washing machines, swimming pools or other sources of water. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container. Do not use in damp environments such as flooded basements.
- Do not place the heater on a small, unlevel, uneven or any surface which might allow heater to tip or fall.
- For proper operation, heater should be placed on a smooth, non-combustible surface. Do not place on rugs, carpet, vinyl flooring or other plastic surfaces. Not for use outdoors or in wet areas.
- This heater is not designed as a primary heat source.
- Always plug heaters directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip). Always unplug heater when not in use.
- Do not run power cord under carpeting. Do not cover cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Arrange cord away from traffic area where it will not be tripped over.
- To disconnect heater, turn controls off then remove plug from outlet.
- Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire or damage the heater.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- A heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use it in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable liquids are used or stored.
- Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock or injury to persons or property.
WARNING: SHOCK HAZARD
Use your heater only in dry environments. This heater is not intended for use in a bathroom, laundry area, or similar locations, or near sinks, washing machines, swimming pools or other sources of water. Never locate heater where it may fall into a bathtub or other water container. Do not use heater outdoors. Do not use in damp environments such as flooded basements.
WARNING: HOT SURFACES
Do not touch body of heater when in use. This heater is hot when in use, to avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. If provided, use handles when moving this heater.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD
Heater has hot and arcing or sparking parts inside. Do not use near combustible materials or flammable gases or sources of heat. DO NOT USE in areas where gasoline, paint or flammable materials are used or stored. Keep combustible materials such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the heater and keep them away from the sides and rear. To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhaust in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked. Do not insert or allow foreign objects to enter any ventilation or exhaust opening as this may cause an electric shock, fire, or damage the heater.
WARNING: ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD
Do not use with damaged cord or plug. Use with adequate electrical system that is up to code.
The supply cord has a polarized plug. As a safety feature this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. To prevent electric shock, match wide blade of plug to wide slot, fully insert plug. If the plug does not fit contact a qualified electrician.
Do not operate any heater with a damaged cord or plug or after heater malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Do not operate heater with a broken heating element or ceramic cone or any visual imperfections. For repairs covered under warranty, see warranty statement. For all other repairs contact Comfort Zone® Customer Service by telephone or mail for information and assistance.
PET OWNERS NOTE
The health of birds and some small pets are extremely sensitive to the fumes given off during the initial use of many appliances. Although these fumes are not harmful to humans, it is recommended that this heater not be used around birds and small pets during its initial use until the manufacturing corrosion coatings burn off.
HEATER OPERATION: Always operate the heater in the upright position following all instructions and recommendations listed in this manual HEATER LOCATION: Place the heater in the area of the room that is coldest. HEATER CONNECTION: Plug heater directly into 120 volt A.C., 60 Hz wall outlet. Be sure plug fits tightly in outlet. A loose connection may cause overheating and damage to the plug or heater. NOTE: To prevent overloading a circuit, do not plug the heater into a circuit that is servicing other electrical needs.
POWER INDICATOR: When the unit is turned on, the power indicator light will illuminate to tell you the heater is functioning.
TURNING HEATER ON: To start the heater, turn the Power Control dial from OFF position to FAN, LOW, HIGH, or ENERGY SAVE setting. Then rotate the Thermostat Control clockwise to the HIGH THERMOSTAT position as described below. (During the heaters initial use, you may experience a slight odor or smoking. This is the result of the heating element lubrication “burning off”. This is normal and will go away after a few minutes of use.)
POWER LEVEL SWI TCH: This heater has 3 heat settings: ENERGY SAVE, HIGH, and LOW. Select the heat setting that best meets your heating needs. The ENERGY SAVE heat setting provides comfortable heating in most rooms, while saving you money on energy costs.
SETTING THERMOSTAT: After heater has been turned on and the room has reached the desired temperature, slowly rotate the thermostat knob counter-clockwise until the heater shuts off (you should hear a faint “click”). By leaving the thermostat at this setting it will automatically maintain this temperature. To lower the temperature, rotate the knob further counter-clockwise (towards the LOW position). To raise the temperature, rotate the thermostat knob clockwise (towards the HIGH position).
TURNING OFF: Turn the center dial to the OFF position before unplugging or plugging in the heater. Heater should be unplugged when not in use.
TO OPERATE FAN ONLY: Turn the On/Off Power Level Control dial to the Fan setting. Turn thermostat fully clockwise so the fan will run continuously.
IMPORTANT SAFETY FEATURES
The power indicator light, located near the control panel, lights whenever the heater or fan is turned on. The heater is equipped with an automatic overheat protection device located inside the body of the heater. If the heater grille is obstructed, or if the heater gets too hot for any reason, the automatic overheat protection device will turn the heater off. To reset the heater, simply turn power off and unplug the heater for 10 minutes until it cools down and then you may plug the heater in and restart. Be sure that the heater is on a smooth level surface with no obstructions. The heater is also equipped with a safety tip-over switch to turn power off to the heater when the heater tips over. To resume heater functions simply stand heater upright.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
WARNING: ALWAYS UNPLUG THE CORD BEFORE MOVING OR SERVING. DO NOT IMMERSE HEATER/FAN IN WATER!
CLEANING: IMPORTANT! DO NOT IMMERSE HEATER/FAN IN WATER! Clean the Heater/fan grille with the vacuum brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. This will remove lint and dirt from inside the heater/fan. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE APART THE HEATER/FAN. DO NOT REMOVE THE HEATER/FAN GRILLE. Clean the body of the Heater/fan with a soft cloth.
CAU TION: Do not use gasoline, benzene, paint thinner, harsh cleaners, etc. as they will damage the heater/fan. NEVER USE ALCOHOL OR SOLVENTS.
DO NOT OPERATE THE HEATER WITHOUT THE GRILLE IN PLACE. DO NOT USE THE HEATER IF IT HAS MALFUNCTIONED OR BECOME DAMAGED IN ANYWAY.
STORAGE: Keep original carton for storage of the heater. Coil and tie the power cord to avoid damage during storage.
This unit is guaranteed to the original retail purchaser against defects in quality or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. If this unit fails because of a manufacturing defect within 30 days of purchase, return the unit, with your receipt, to the retailer. After 30 days, but within the warranty period, if the unit was purchased within the continental United States, return it, freight prepaid, to World and Main for repair or replacement. If the unit was purchased outside the continental United States, return the unit to the place of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, abuse, overheating or alteration. Repairs made by anyone other than World and Main are not covered in this warranty. World and Main will not be held liable for any losses due to neglectful operation. All implied warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and of fitness of purpose, if applicable, are hereby limited in duration to the period of one year from the date of original retail purchase. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Incidental or consequential damages arising from a breach of either express or implied warranties are hereby disclaimed and excluded. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Upon the expiration of this warranty all such liability will terminate. No other warranties are expressed or implied.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. No informal dispute settlement mechanisms are available. This limited warranty is given in lieu of all other warranties.
World and Main (Cranbury), LLC
324A Half Acre Rd.
Cranbury, NJ 08512 USA