DeLonghi Ceramic Fan Heater
Instructions for use
Danger! Failure to observe the warning may result in life threatening injury by electric shock.
- The appliance must not be placed immediately under a fixed power socket.
- Do not use the appliance near showers, bathtubs, sinks, swimming pools, etc.
- If the power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, an authorised service centre or a qualified electrician in order to eliminate all risk.
Important! Failure to observe the warning could result in injury or damage to the appliance.
– This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
CAUTION — Some parts of this product can become very hot and cause burns. Particular attention has to be given where children and vulnerable people are present.
ATTENTION: To avoid the safety system resetting accidentally, this appliance must not be powered through an external on/off device such as a timer, or connected to a circuit which is turned off and on regularly by the energy supplier.
- Do not use the appliance in small rooms when they are occupied by persons that are not capable of leaving the room, unless constant supervision is provided.
Danger of burns! Failure to observe the warning could result in burns or scalds.
WARNING: To avoid overheating, never under any circumstances cover the appliance during operation as this would lead to a dangerous rise in temperature.
Please note: This symbol indicates recommendations and important information for the user.
- Always use the appliance in an upright position.
- The use of extension leads is not recommended. However if they cannot be avoided, follow the instructions accompanying the extension lead and never exceed the power limit marked on the extension.
- The heater must be positioned at least 50 cm from furniture or other objects.
- Do not use the appliance in rooms with a floor area of less than 4m2.
- Before putting the appliance away, make sure it is completely off and unplugged from the mains socket. Wrap the cable around the base.
- Do not store in dusty atmospheres.
- Do not rest anything on the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance to dry laundry. Do not obstruct the air intake and outlet grilles (danger of overheating).
- Do not use the appliance near walls, furniture, curtains, etc.
Safety device: the appliance is fitted with a safety device which switches it off in the event of accidental overheating (e.g. obstruction of air intake and outlet grilles, motor turning slowly or not at all).
To reset, unplug the appliance from the mains socket for a few minutes, remove the cause of overheating then plug in again. If the appliance doesn’t work please contact the De’Longhi Customer Service.
Tip over safety device: a tip over safety device turns the appliance off if it falls over or is positioned inappropriately in such a way as to jeopardise safety.
The appliance emits a beep and a dot flashes on the display. The appliance resumes operation a few seconds after being placed in an upright position again.
Thank you for choosing a De’Longhi product. Please take a few minutes to read these instructions. This will avoid all risks and damage to the appliance.
A ON/STAND-BY button
B +/- Adjustment buttons
C Oscillation button
D “ECO PLUS” function button
E Timer button
F MODE button (for selecting the operating mode)
G Power indicator light
H Back cover with filter
I Receiver for remote control (certain models only)
The appliance can be used on any horizontal surface. Do not overload the electrical circuit. Avoid using the same socket for other appliances.
- Before plugging the appliance into the mains socket, check that the mains power supply corresponds to the value indicated on the rating plate and that the mains power supply is adequate for the load.
- THIS APPLIANCE COMPLIES WITH DIRECTIVE 2004/108/ EEC ON RADIO INTERFERENCE SUPPRESSION.
Operation and use
- Connect the appliance to the power outlet.
- The appliance emits a beep and the power indicator light (G) also comes on and remains lit while power to the appliance is on. The appliance goes into STAND-BY.
- Press the ON/STAND-BY button (A) to turn on the appliance.
- It will begin to heat with the predefined settings.
- Press the MODE button (F) to select one of the following functions available:
- Ventilation: In this operating mode only the fan operates, so the appliance does not heat the room.
- lAnti-freeze: In this operating mode the appliance keeps the room at a temperature of 7°C to prevent freezing temperatures
- Heating 1 and Heating 2: In this operating mode you can set the desired temperature by pressing the + and – adjustment buttons (B).
- Heating 1 (minimum power level): The appliance operates at the minimum power, reducing noise and energy consumption to the minimum.
- Heating 2 (maximum power level): The appliance operates at the maximum power for rapid heating of the room.
- To turn off the appliance press button ON/STAND-BY (A). The display could show the count down for about 6 seconds. To completely turn off the appliance, remove the plug from the socket.
Please note: The display can show the temperature in both °C and °F. To change the temperature scale, press and hold the + key for few seconds, then release.
ECO PLUS function: In this operating mode the appliance will automatically set the power level to guarantee the best comfort reducing the energy consumption. The maximum temperature setting is 26 °C. To activate thisfunction, press the ECO PLUS button (D).
Oscillation button: If you want the appliance to distribute the airflow over a larger area, press the oscillation button (C) . The appliance will then oscillate right and left. To stop the oscillation in the desired position, just press oscillation button (C) again.
24-HOUR DIGITAL TIMER: This function can be activated from any operating mode.
Delayed switch-on: with the appliance in the STAND-BY position, press the timer button (E) . The display shows the symbol and the time remaining before switch-on. To set the timer, use the + and – adjustment buttons (B), then wait a few seconds for the programming to be set. The display returns to show for stand-by and the symbol to indicate you have set the timer. When the programmed time has been reached, the appliance turns on with the same settings it had during the previous operation.
Delayed shut-off: With the appliance on, press the timer button (E) . The display shows the symbol and the time remaining before shut-off. To set the timer, use the + and – adjustment buttons (B), then wait a few seconds for the programming to be set. The display returns to show the current settings and the symbol to indicate you have set the timer. When the programmed time as been reached the appliance shuts off automatically. If you want to go back to operation without the timer, press the timer button (E) twice. The timer symbol disappears from the display
Using the remote control (certain models only): The remote control functions correspond to those on the control panel. See the section “Operation and Use” on the previous page for a description of the functions.
Inserting or replacing the batteries
- The remote control is provided with a lithium battery CR2032.
- To let the appliance function, remove the battery cover strip, by pulling it.
- To replace the batteries, remove the battery cover by rotating it. Replace the battery paying attention to respect the right polarity as shown in figure 1.
- Replace the cover rotating it towards the position .
- Old batteries must be removed and disposed off in accordance with current legislation as they are harmful to the environment.
- KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.
- Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured. Do not use if compartment is not secure.
- Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
- Before carrying out any maintenance, always unplug from the mains socket.
- During the season when the appliance is in use, clean the air intake and outlet grilles regularly using a vacuum cleaner.
- Never use abrasive powders or solvents to clean the appliance.
- The dust filter which retains impurities in the air, It is integrated in the removable back cover. To clean the filter, remove the grille by pulling outward. Blow it lightly, then replace it into the appliance.
Supply voltage See rating plate Absorbed power
|PF display and emits a beep||Temperature sensor is not working properly||Please contact Customer Service|
|Product doesn’t turn on||Check that the plug is connected to the outlet
Auto-start is on
Room temperature reaches the set temperature
Wait till time elapsed or press the but- ton (E) twice to cancel the auto-start and push the button (A)
Use the “+” button to increase the set temperature
|The appliance goes off unexpectedly||Check that the plug is connected to the outlet
The set temperature has been reached or the time set on the timer has elapsed
|A green dot is flashing and unit is off||The tip-over switch has been activated||Make sure the appliance is standing upright on a flat surface. If the appli-ance doesn’t work please contact Cus-tomer Service|
|The display shows “Ht” blinking||The internal temperature is too high. The air intake or outlet grille is obstructed||Check the appliance is correctly positioned respecting the minimum distances from the wall, or objects, as indicated on the instruction manual, if not, position the appliance correctly
Remove the obstruction
Disconnect the plug from the outlet and let the appliance cool down. After few minutes plug the appliance again. If the appliance doesn’t work please contact Customer Service