Program Remote to TV
This article will help you program your DISH remote to your TV or another device like a DVD player. The article is most helpful if you just got a new TV/device or if the volume button on your remote is not working. Go to instructions for Hopper- family receivers or VIP-model receivers.
Hopper, Joey, Wally
- Press the Home button twice If you have a 40.0 remote, press the Menu button
- Select Settings
- Select Remote Control
- Choose your device
- Select the Pairing Wizard
- Follow the onscreen prompts
VIP Receiver (20.0, 20.1, 21.0, 21.1 series remotes)
- With the remote pointing at the desired device, press and hold the mode button that you want to program you’re remote to until all of the mode buttons light up
- Enter the remote code If programming in AUX mode, you must press the following number before entering the remote code:0 for a TV (if the TV code is 500, enter 0500) 1 for a VCR/DVD (if the DVD code is 617, enter 1617)2 for any other device (if the device code is 2639, enter 2639)
- Press the # button The mode button you are programming will flash three times
- Press the Power button The device will turn off.