Dyson HP01 Pure Hot + Cool Purifying Heater
Download the Dyson Link app
Download the Dyson Link app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account.
For further information and support: Online: www.dyson.com/support
On the phone:
1-866-693-9766. Mon-Fri: 8:00am – 8:00pm (CT) Sat: 9:00am – 6:00pm (CT) Apple, the Apple logo and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
We don’t stop caring about our machines once they’re yours. With your free 2-year warranty, your Dyson machine will be covered for parts and labor (excluding filters) for two years from the date of purchase, subject to the terms of the warranty. Even after your warranty has ended, we’ll still be on hand to help. Your serial number can be found on your rating plate which is on the base of your machine. Note your serial number for future reference.
This illustration is for example purposes only.
Free Dyson parts and labor Hassle-free replacement Expert advice. Six days a week. ‘How to’ videos and helpful tips.
Register your machine to be the first to receive Dyson updates and news
On your mobile
Download the Dyson Link app and you’ll be taken through registration as part of the setup.
Call our dedicated Helpline. 1-866-693-9766 (Mon-Fri 8:00am – 8:00pm CT; Sat 9:00am – 6:00pm CT).
Convenient and instant. www.dyson.com/register
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using electrical machines, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and injury to persons including the following: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS MACHINE.
THE MACHINE AND THE REMOTE CONTROL BOTH CONTAIN MAGNETS.
- Pacemakers and defibrillators may be affected by strong magnetic fields. If you or someone in your household has a pacemaker or defibrillator, avoid placing the remote control in a pocket or near to the device.
- Credit cards and electronic storage media may also be affected by magnets and should be kept away from the remote control and the top of the machine. TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR INJURY:
- Always plug this machine directly into a wall outlet/receptacle. Never use with an extension cord or relocatable power tap (outlet/power strip).
- If there is a loose fit between the plug and the outlet or the plug becomes very hot, the outlet may need to be replaced. Check with a qualified electrician to replace the outlet.
- CAUTION – Risk of electric shock, do not open the machine, no user-servicable parts inside.
- This machine is hot when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot surfaces. When moving the machine, hold it by the base and not the air loop amplifier. Keep combustible materials, such as furniture, pillows, bedding, papers, clothes, and curtains at least 3 feet (0.9 m) from the front of the machine and keep them away from the sides and rear.
- This machine has hot parts inside. Do not use it in areas where petrol, paint, or flammable liquids are used or stored or where their vapors are present.
- Extreme caution is necessary when any machine is used by or near children or infirm persons and whenever it is left operating and unattended.
- Do not operate any machine with a damaged cord or plug or after the machine malfunctions, has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Discard the machine, or return to an authorized service facility for examination and/or repair.
- Do not run the cord under carpeting. Do not cover the cord with throw rugs, runners or similar coverings. Do not route the cord under furniture or machines. Arrange the cord away from traffic areas and where it will not be tripped over.
- To avoid a tripping hazard, wind the cord when not in use.
- This machine is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar indoor locations. Never locate the machine where
it may fall into a bathtub or other water containers. Do not store this machine in the immediate surroundings of a bath, shower or swimming pool.
- To prevent a possible fire, do not block air intakes or exhausts in any manner. Do not use on soft surfaces, like a bed, where openings may become blocked.
- Use this machine only as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces and do not handle any part of the machine or plug with wet hands.
- Keep this machine and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use this machine if it has been damaged or submerged in water.
- Do not put any objects into any opening as this may cause an electric shock or fire, or may damage the machine.
- Disconnect power or unplug before cleaning, performing any maintenance or replacing a filter. Always unplug the machine when not in use.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, this machine has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other) as a safety feature. This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature and do not change the plug in any way.
Assembling your machine
Use both hands to lift your Dyson purifying fan heater out of the box, by its base. Do not lift out by the amplifier loop. Your Dyson purifying fan heater comes fitted with a permanent formaldehyde filter. Your machine comes with a permanent Dyson Cryptomic™ filter and a replaceable Combination filter. Push down the shroud release buttons on both sides of your machine to release the shrouds. Remove the Combination and Dyson Cryptomic™ filters from any protective packaging. Push the Dyson Cryptomic™ filter into position on the machine. Push both the Combination filters into the shrouds until the tabs on the top and bottom click into place. Put the shrouds into position on the main body and push gently until they click securely into place.
Using your machine
Power and continuous monitoring
Press the Standby on/off button on your Dyson purifying fan heater or remote control to stop your machine. It will continue to monitor the air quality.
With continuous monitoring turned on, your Dyson purifying fan heater will gather air quality, temperature and humidity information, which is displayed on the LCD screen and in the Dyson Link app. Continuous monitoring is turned off by default. Once turned on, it will always be active until you turn it off again.
Continuous monitoring on/off
Press and hold the Auto mode button on the remote control for five seconds to turn it on. The LCD screen will indicate when continuous monitoring is on or off.
Wi-Fi is on by default. To turn the Wi-Fi on or off, press and hold the Standby on/off button on your machine for five seconds.
Press this button to scroll through the information being monitored by your Dyson purifying fan heater. Information about air quality, temperature, humidity and filter levels is shown on the LCD screen. When a particular type of pollutant causes air quality to decrease, a symbol for the pollutant will show on the LCD screen.
Indoor air quality – 12 seconds
Monitors the current air quality with a graph showing the last 12 seconds of data.
Nitrogen dioxide and other oxidizing gases
These potentially harmful gases are released into the air by combustion, for example the burning gas when cooking and in vehicle exhaust emissions.
Indoor air quality – 24 hours
Monitors the air quality with a graph showing 24 hours of data, updated at fifteen-minute intervals.
Monitors the ambient temperature to help maintain a comfortable environment.
Particulate matter (PM2.5)
Monitors the presence of microscopic particles up to 2.5 microns in size, suspended in the air we breathe. These include smoke, bacteria and allergens.
Displays the amount of water vapor in the air, shown as a percentage of the maximum possible humidity at the current temperature.
Particulate matter (PM10)
Monitors the presence of larger microscopic particles, up to 10 microns in size, suspended in the air we breathe. These include dust, mold spores and pollen.
The remaining filter life is shown on the LCD screen and will indicate when your filters need replacing.
Volatile organic compounds
VOCs are typically odors that may be potentially harmful. These can be found in cleaning products, paints and new furnishings.
Displays the current status of the connection to the Wi-Fi network.
Set your Dyson purifying fan heater to Auto mode and the on-board sensors will intelligently adjust the settings of the machine according to the air quality.
- Air quality: Your machine will pause when the target air quality has been reached, switching on again when the air quality levels drop.
- Airflow speed: The airflow speed will increase until the target air quality and temperature have been reached.
- Night mode: Your machine will only run with airflow speeds from 1 to 4.
Press the button to set the required room temperature. Your machine will pause when the temperature set has been reached. For purification without cool airflow from the front, select the airflow direction to the back. Press the Cooling mode button to switch your machine from Heating mode to Cooling mode.
Press the button to circulate the air around the room and scroll through the oscillation settings from 0° to 350°. Customize your oscillation settings in the Dyson Link app.
Press the Airflow speed button to increase and decrease the airflow speed. Press the Airflow direction button to change the direction of airflow from front to back. Your machine will continue to purify in both settings. The heating mode will only function when the air direction is set to the front. If airflow is changed to the back, your machine will change to cooling mode.
Your Dyson purifying fan heater will turn off automatically after the selected amount of time. To set the time: Press the button to scroll through the time options. Once activated, press the Sleep timer button once to see the time selected. To cancel the Sleep timer: Press the Sleep timer button twice.
In Night mode, your Dyson purifying fan heater will continue to monitor and respond to changes in air quality and temperature, but only using its quietest settings – and with its LCD screen dimmed.
Looking after your machine
To always get the best performance from your Dyson purifying fan heater, it’s important to regularly clean it and check for blockages.
If dust accumulates on the surface of your machine, wipe dust from the loop amplifier, filter unit and other parts with a dry or damp cloth. Look for blockages in the air inlet holes on the filter and the small aperture inside the loop amplifier. Use a soft brush to remove dust and debris. Don’t use detergents or polishes to clean the machine.
Changing your filters
The Dyson Link app and LCD screen on your machine will indicate when to change your filters. Don’t use your Dyson purifying fan heater without the filters in place. Unplug your machine from the mains electricity supply before cleaning or changing filters.
If your machine shows an error code, try turning it off and then on again. If this doesn’t clear the error code contact Dyson Customer Care. For further information and support about the care and maintenance of your machine and replacing the filters go to the Dyson Link app or online: www.dyson.com/support.
CONTROL WITHOUT REMOTE
- Your machine can be controlled through the Dyson Link app.
DYSON LINK APP CONNECTIVITY
- You must have a live internet connection in order for the Dyson Link app to work.
- Your machine can connect to either 2.4GHz or 5GHz networks which includes most modern routers. Check your router documentation for compatibility.
- Dyson endeavors to ensure that our technology is compatible with current operating systems but this is not guaranteed. If you have any questions or would like to check the latest compatibility, please contact the Dyson Helpline.
- Your mobile device must have Bluetooth® wireless technology 4.0 support (Bluetooth Low Energy) in order to set up a connection with your machine. Check your device specification for compatibility.
- BLE/Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
- Wi-Fi 5GHz
The Dyson Link app allows you to control, schedule, monitor, and customize your settings for your machine from your mobile device. Wi-Fi is enabled by default. To disable or enable Wi-Fi, press and hold the Standby ON/OFF button on the machine for 5 seconds.
Your machine has replaceable filters and batteries, any other servicing must be carried out by an authorized service representative.
- Unscrew the battery compartment on the remote control. Loosen the base and pull to remove the battery.
- Do not install backwards or short circuit the batteries.
- Do not attempt to dismantle or charge the batteries. Keep away from fire.
- Follow battery manufacturers’ instructions when installing new batteries (battery type CR 2032).
- Always replace the screw in the remote control and refer to the battery hazard in the warning section.
NON-WASHABLE FILTER UNITS
- Your filter units are non-washable and non-recyclable.
- Failure to replace your filter units when prompted may result in changes to product performance and appearance.
- A new filter unit can be purchased at www.dyson.com/filter.
- A period of six days is required after your machine is first used for the sensor to calibrate. During this period, your machine may be more sensitive to VOCs (such as odors)
- During first use, whilst the sensors calibrate, your machine can take up to 60 minutes to show VOC and NO2 data.
- For your safety, your machine is fitted with automatic cut-out switches that operate if the machine tips over or overheats. If the switches operate, unplug your machine and allow it to cool. Before restarting your machine, check and clear any blockages and ensure that your machine is on a solid level surface.
- In heating mode, your machine will automatically switch off after nine hours of continuous use. To restart your machine, press the Standby on/off button on either the remote control or the base, or restart via the Dyson Link app.
- Dyson products are made from high grade recyclable materials. Recycle where possible.
- Dispose of or recycle the battery in accordance with local ordinances or regulations.
- Keep the used batteries away from children as these can still harm children if swallowed.
- Your filter units are non-washable and non-recyclable.
- Dispose of the exhausted filter unit(s) in accordance with local ordinances or regulations.
- The battery should be removed from the machine before disposal.
- California: This product includes a separate remote control device with a coin cell battery. The coin cell battery contains Perchlorates. Special handling may apply. See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate
DYSON CUSTOMER CARE
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO BUY A DYSON MACHINE. We don’t stop caring about our machines once they’re yours. With your free 2-year warranty, your Dyson purifying fan heater will be covered for parts and labor (excluding filters) for two years from the date of purchase, subject to the terms of the warranty. Even after your warranty has ended, we’ll still be on hand to help. If you have any questions about your Dyson machine, call the Dyson Helpline with your serial number and details of where and when you bought the machine. Most questions can be solved over the phone by one of our trained Dyson Helpline staff. Alternatively, you can call the Dyson Helpline with your serial number and details of where and when you bought the machine. If your Dyson machine needs a repair, call the Dyson Helpline so we can discuss the available options. If your Dyson machine is under warranty, and it is a covered repair, it will be repaired at no cost. Your serial number can be found on your rating plate which is on the base of your machine.
REGISTER YOUR MACHINE TO BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE DYSON UPDATES AND NEWS
To help us ensure you receive prompt and efficient service, please register as a Dyson machine owner. There are four ways to do this:
- Online at www.dyson.com/register
- Telephone the Dyson Helpline on 1-866-693-9766.
- Complete the enclosed Warranty Form and mail it to us.
- Smartphone. Download the Dyson Link app and you will be taken through registration as part of the set up.
This will confirm ownership of your Dyson machine in the event of an insurance loss, and enable us to contact you if necessary.
LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE DYSON 2-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
WHAT IS COVERED
Your Dyson machine is warranted against original defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase, when used for normal domestic purposes in accordance with the Dyson User manual. Please retain your proof of purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your warranty will start 90 days after the date of manufacture, according to Dyson’s records. This warranty provides, at no extra cost to you, all labor and parts necessary to ensure your machine is in proper operating condition during the warranty period. The replacement of any part of your machine under warranty will not extend the period of warranty. Any parts which are returned to Dyson will become the property of Dyson. Please call the Dyson Helpline at 1-866-693-9766 for more information. For refurbished machines, length of warranty may differ, please see warranty letter included with the machine for warranty terms. This limited warranty is subject to the following terms:
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Dyson filters are warranted against original defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Filter units that must be replaced because the filter life has expired are not covered by the warranty. Dyson shall not be liable for costs, damages or repairs incurred as a result of, due to, or from:
- Damage caused by not carrying out the recommended machine maintenance.
- Careless operation or handling, misuse, abuse and/or lack of maintenance or use not in accordance with the Dyson User manual.
- Use of the machine other than for normal domestic purposes within the United States, e. g. for commercial or rental purposes.
- Use of parts not in accordance with the Dyson User manual.
- Use of parts and accessories other than those produced or recommended by Dyson.
- Faulty installation (except where installed by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out by unauthorized parties or agents.
- Blockages – Refer to the Dyson User manual for details on how to look for and clear blockages.
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. fuse etc.).
- Reduction in battery discharge time due to battery age or use (where applicable). If you are in any doubt as to what is covered by your warranty, please contact Dyson.
WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties relating to your machine including but not limited to warranty of merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this warranty.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, your remedy for breach of this warranty is limited to the warranty service described below. Dyson will not be liable for any consequential damages or incidental damages you may incur in connection with your purchase and use of your machine.
- This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by State.
- This limited warranty is not transferable.
- The limitations or exclusions of liability stated herein apply in the state of New Jersey, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Before a service can take place, the terms of the warranty require that you contact the Dyson Helpline with your model name/number, serial number, date and place of purchase.
- Please keep your purchase receipt in a safe place to ensure that you have this information.
- All work will be coordinated by Dyson or its authorized agents.
- Any replaced defective parts will become the property of Dyson.
- Service under this warranty will not extend the period of this warranty; however, your warranty will be extended for any time your machine is being repaired or retained for work being performed under the warranty.
- If your machine is not functioning properly, please call the Dyson Helpline on 1- 866-693-9766. Most issues can be rectified over the telephone by our trained Helpline staff.
IMPORTANT DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
You will need to provide us with basic contact information when you register your Dyson machine or via the Dyson Link app. When registering your Dyson machine:
- You will need to provide us with basic contact information to register your machine and enable us to support your warranty. Failure to register will not diminish your warranty rights. When registering via the Dyson Link app:
- You will need to provide us with basic contact information to register the Dyson Link app. This enables us to securely link your machine to your instance of the app.
- When you register, you will have the opportunity to choose whether you would like to receive communications from us. If you opt-in to communications from Dyson, we will send you details of special offers and news of our latest innovations.
- We never sell your information to third parties and only use information that you share with us as defined by our privacy policies which are available on our website at privacy.dyson.com.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. In order to avoid the possibility of exceeding the FCC radio frequency exposure limits, human proximity to the antenna shall not be less than 7.9 in (20 cm) during normal operation.