Wireless Sport Earbuds 17LY86BK User Guide
what’s in box
- Earbuds and charging case x1
- Gel cushion tips x3
- USB charging cable x1
- Manual x1
- Remove insulating film and place earbuds in the charging case then close the lid for activation.
- Open the charging case, do not press any button, earbuds will power on automatically, LED light flashes Blue three times.
- Place earbuds in the charging case then close the lid, earbuds will power off automatically, LED light flash Red.
- Power on by hand: press & hold for 3s to power on.
power off by hand: press & hold for 5s to power off.
- Open the charging case, do not press any button, earbuds will power on and go into pairing mode automatically, LED of right earbud flash Red/Blue alternatively.
- Connect your device by searching for” TWS EARBUDS”, Blue LED lights on when connected.
- TWS earbuds will automatically reconnect to your last paired device.
If you want to pair with another device, please disconnect Bluetooth on your last paired device if it’s nearby.
- When open the lid of charging case but the earbuds fail to reconnect with the last paired device, there will need about 25s to enter pairing model till LED of right earbuds flash Red and Blue alternatively.
- Siri & voice assistant : Double-click either earbuds MFB button
- Play/pause music: Single click
1x press either side , answer/ hang up,
press and hold 1s either side, reject incoming call.
When earbuds in charging, the charging case LED will keep lighting on, until the earbuds been full charged.
Four LED lights flash in turn When the charging case is full charged: 4 Blue LED lights will be on
Trouble Shooting and Common Situations
Earphone/Headphone cannot power on
Battery drain, please charge the device for 30 minutes, and then powering on.
Smart phone cannot search Bluetooth Earphone /Headphone
- Make sure the Earphone/Headphone is in pairing mode ( red and blue LED flashingal ternately)
- Delete pairing list in smart phone and searching Earphone/Headphone again.
- If it still cannot be found, please restart smart phone and Earphone/Headphone again.
Earphone/Headphone will be disconnected from time to time
- The battery drain.
- The Earphone/Headphone is beyond the communication range(10m)
No sound on talking mode
- Confirmed the Earphone/Headphone connected to earpiece mode on talking.
- Try to volume up Earphones/Headphone or smart phone.
No sound with music playing
- Try to volume up Earphones or smart phone.
- Earphone/Headphone disconnected with smart phone，please reconnected again.
Cannot charger for Earphones/Headphone
- The charger cable connected not well.
- Charger line was damaged.
- Make sure the lid of charging case been closed well.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules, these limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation, this equipment generates uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions. May cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or modifications not expressly
approved by the party responsible for compliance could vold the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Changes or modifications to this unit not espressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.