Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Important safety instruction
- Please read the instructions carefully. Keep it in a safe place for future reference.
- Use only accessories approved by the manufacturer.
- Install the instrument properly by following the instructions in the device connection section.
- Using the product in a 0-35 ℃ environment is recommended.
- To reduce the risk of fire and electric shock, do not expose the product to rain or moisture.
- Do not use this product near water. Do not immerse the product into any liquid or have it exposed to dripping or splashing.
- Do not install or use this product near any heat source (e.g. radiator, heater, stove, or other devices that generate heat).
- Do not place any object filled with liquids, such as vases on the product; neither should any open fire, such as lighted candles be placed on the product.
- Do not block any ventilation openings. Do not insert any object into ventilation openings or slots. It may cause fire or electric shock.
- Keep sufficient clearance around the product to maintain good ventilation (minimum 5cm is recommended).
- Do not force a plug into the jack. Before connection, check for blockage in the jack and whether the plug matches the jack and is oriented to the right direction.
- Keep the provided accessories and parts (such as screws) away from children to prevent them from being swallowed by mistake.
- Do not open or remove the housing yourself. It may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazardous risks. Regardless of the cause of the damage (such as damaged wire or plug, exposure to liquid splash or foreign object falling in, exposure to rain or moisture, product not working or being dropped, etc.), the repair has to be performed by an authorized service professional immediately.
- Before cleaning the product with dry cloth, always turn off the product and disconnect the power plug first.
- Never use strong acid, alkali, gasoline, alcohol, or other chemical solvents to clean the product surface. Use only neutral solvent or clear water for cleaning.
Excessively loud music may lead to hearing loss. Please keep the volume in a safe range.
Correct Disposal of this product. This marking indicates that this product should not be disposed of with other household wastes throughout the EU. To prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, recycle it responsibly to promote the sustainable reuse of material resources. To return your used device, please use the return and collection systems or contact the retailer where the product was purchased. They can take this product for environmentally safe recycling.
Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
Important safety instruction
- Place the product near the power outlet for easy use.
- Before use, make sure that the operating voltage is the same as your local power supply. Correct operating voltage can be found on the product plate.
- For safety purposes, unplug the product during lightning storms or when unused for extended periods of time.
- Under normal conditions, the power supply may get hot. Please keep good ventilation in the area and exercise caution.
- Safety warning labels on the housing or bottom of the product or power adaptor.
This symbol is to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the product’s enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock to persons.
This symbol is to warn the user not to disassemble the enclosure of the product and there is no user-replaceable part inside. Take the product to an authorized service center for repair.
This symbol indicates that the product is for indoor use only.
This symbol indicates that the product is a CLASS II or double insulated electrical device with no earth requirement.
The MAINS plug is used as the disconnect device, the disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
For wireless products:
- Wireless products may generate shortwave radio frequencies and interfere with the normal use of other electronic devices or medical equipment.
- Turn off the product when it’s disallowed. Do not use the product in medical facilities, on airplanes, at gas stations, near-automatic gates, automatic fire alarm systems,s or other automated devices.
- Do not use the product in the vicinity of a pacemaker within a 20cm range. The radio waves may affect the normal operation of the pacemaker or other medical devices.
Note: Picture for reference only, actual product prevails.
|1. Volume dial/Input selection
Press to switch amongst Line in 1 →Line in 2 →Optical →
Coaxial →Bluetooth input
Press and hold to disconnect Bluetooth in Bluetooth input
2. Treble control
3. Bass control
4. Power switch
5. Power cable
|6. Line in input
7. Optical input
8. Coaxial input
9. Connect to passive speaker
10. Connect to active speaker
11. Display screen
Point the remote control to the remote receiving window on the speaker, the optimum operational distance is 7 meters.
The displayed value in the display window will alert or blink when the system receives remote control command.
|1. Power on/off
3. Remote control indicator
4. Line In input
5. Bluetooth input
Press and hold to disconnect Bluetooth
6. Previous track/next track (Bluetooth input)
7. Volume up/down
8. Pause/play (Bluetooth input)
9. Optical input
10. Coaxial input
11. Monitor mode
12. Dynamic mode
13. Classic mode
14. Vocal mode
MONITOR mode: features a flat audio response curve, for sound with no coloration.
DYNAMIC mode: more punch, more dynamics.
CLASSIC mode: reproduces a classic HIFI sound.
VOCAL mode: human voice emphasized, singer’s position will seem closer to the listener.
| 1. As the illustration shows, press remote control batteries to cover downward with thumb and follow the arrow direction to remove the cover, uses two AAA batteries (note the “+” and “-” pole).
2. The battery’s life is normally about 6 months; please replace them when the remote control is not sensitive or the control distance is shortened.
3. Never use old and new batteries together.
1. Do not place the remote control in places that are hot and humid.
2. Do not charge the batteries.
3. Remove the batteries when unused for a long period of time to avoid
4. The batteries should not be exposed to excessive heat such as direct
sun, fire or similar.
5. Danger of explosion if batteries are incorrectly replaced. Replace only
with the same or equivalent type.
- As the illustration shows, connect speakers using a speaker connecting cable.
- Connect speakers to a power source using power cable and turn the power switch on, the speakers should be ready to go.
Line In Input
- Connect audio source (mobile phone, tablet, etc.) to Line In 1/Line In 2 input ports (note color matching) on the rear panel of the active speaker using audio cable.
- Press the “LINE 1/2” button on the remote control, or press the “Volume dial/Input selection” dial on the rear panel of the active speaker, display screen will show “LINE 1” or “LINE 2”.
- Play music on the connected device and adjust the settings to the desired level.
Optical / Coaxial Input
- Connect audio source (Blu-ray player, Set-Top Box, etc.) to OPT/COAX input port on the rear panel of the active speaker
using fiber optic audio cable or a coaxial audio cable (not included).
- Press the “OPT” / “COAX” button on the remote control, or press the “Volume dial/Input selection” dial on the rear panel
of the active speaker, the display screen will show “OPTICAL” or “COAXIAL”.
- Play music on the connected device and adjust the settings to the desired level.
Only the standard PCM audio signals (44.1KHz/48KHz/96KHz/192KHz) function in optical/coaxial mode.
1. Press the “ ” button on the remote control, or press the “Volume dial/Input selection” dial on the rear panel of the active speaker, the display screen will show “ ” .
2. Set your Bluetooth device (mobile phone, tablet, etc.) to search and connect to “EDIFIER S2000MK Ⅲ”.
Bluetooth connectivity and compatibility may differ amongst different source devices, depending on the software versions of source devices.
|Power output: R/L (Treble): 15W+15W
R/L (Mid-range and bass): 50W+50W
Frequency response: 45Hz-40KHz
Input sensitivity: Line In 1: 600±50mV
Line In 2: 800±50mV
Audio input: Line In 1/Line In 2/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth
|Declaration for EU
Frequency Band: 2.402GHz ~ 2.480GHz
RF Power output: ≤20 dBm (EIRP)
There is no restriction of use.
The Bluetooth ® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by EDIFIER is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Qualcomm aptX is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Qualcomm is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.
aptX is a trademark of Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd., registered in the United States and other countries.
- Check if the speaker is ON.
- Try to turn up the volume using either the master volume control or remote control.
- Ensure the audio cables are firmly connected and the input is set correctly on the speakers.
- Check if there is a signal output from the audio source.
Cannot connect via Bluetooth
- Make sure the speaker is switched to Bluetooth input. If it is in other audio input modes, Bluetooth will not connect.
Disconnect from any Bluetooth device by pressing and holding the “ ” button, then try again.
- The effective Bluetooth transmission range is 10 meters; please ensure that the operation is within the range.
- Try another Bluetooth device for connection.
The S2000MKⅢ does not turn on
- Check if main power is connected, or if the wall outlet is switched on.
Noise coming from speakers
- EDIFIER speakers generate little noise, while the background noise of some audio devices are too high. Please unplug the audio cables and turn the volume up, if no sound can be heard at 1 meter away from the speaker, then there is no problem with this product.
To learn more about EDIFIER, please visit www.edifier.com
For Edifier warranty queries, please visit the relevant country page on www.edifier.com and review the section titled Warranty Terms.
USA and Canada: [email protected]
South America: Please visit www.edifier.com (English) or www.edifierla.com (Spanish/Portuguese) for local contact information.
Manual Edition 1.0, Aug. 2019
Edifier International Limited
P.O. Box 6264
General Post Office
Tel: +852 2522 6989
Fax: +852 2522 1989
© 2019 Edifier International Limited. All rights reserved.
Printed in China
For the need of technical improvement and system upgrade, the information contained herein may be subject to change from time to time without prior notice.
Products of EDIFIER will be customized for different applications. Pictures and illustrations shown in this manual may be slightly different from the actual product. Picture for reference only, actual product prevails.