electriQ Portable Air Conditioner User Manual
- Carefully read the instructions before operating the unit
- This appliance is for indoor use only.
- Rating: This unit must be only connected to a 220-240 V / 50 Hz earthed outlet.
- Installation must be in accordance with regulations of the country where the unit is used.
- If you are in any doubt about the suitability of your electrical supply have it checked and, if necessary, modified by a qualified electrician.
- This air conditioner has been tested and is safe to use. However, as with any electrical appliance – use it with care.
- Disconnect the power from the appliance before dismantling, assembling or cleaning.
- Avoid touching any moving parts of the appliance.
- Never insert fingers, pencils or any other objects though the guard
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities. It is also not intended for use by those with a lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Do not leave children unsupervised with this appliance.
- Do not clean the unit by spraying it or immersing it in water.
- Never connect the unit to an electrical outlet using an extension cord. If an outlet is not available, one should be installed by a qualified electrician.
- Never operate this appliance if the cord or plug is damaged. Ensure the power cord is not stretched or exposed to sharp objects/edges.
- A damaged supply cord should be replaced by the manufacturer or a qualified electrician in order to avoid a hazard.
- Any service other than regular cleaning or filter replacement should be performed by an authorised service representative. Failure to comply could result in a voided warranty.
- Do not use the appliance for any other purposes than its intended use.
- The air conditioner unit must always be stored and transported upright, otherwise irreparable damage may be caused to the compressor; if indoubt we suggest waiting at least 24 hours before starting the unit.
- Avoid restarting the air conditioning unit unless 3 minutes have passed since being turned off. This prevents damage to the compressor.
- Never use the mains plug as a switch to start and turn off the air conditioning unit. Use the provided ON/OFF switch located on the control panel.
- Always place the unit on a dry and stable surface.
- The appliance should not be installed in laundry or wet rooms.
- The appliance must be placed in a room without sources of ignition (for example: open flames, an operating gas appliance or an operating electric heater).
- R290 refrigerant gas complies with European environmental directives.
- R290 has a low GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 3.
- The air conditioner contains about 20 g ofR290 refrigerant gas.
- Do not use or store in an unventilated space with an area smaller than 1m2 per unit. The room must be such as to prevent stagnation of possible leaks of refrigerant gas as there could be a danger of fire or explosion hazard should the refrigerant come into contact with electric heaters, stoves or other sources of ignition.
- If the appliance is installed, used or stored in an unventilated room, the room must be such as to prevent stagnation of possible leaks of refrigerant gas as
there could be a danger of fire or explosion should the refrigerant come into contact with electric heaters, stoves or other sources of ignition.
- Refrigerant gas may be odourless.
- Do not use the product and contact the retailer for advice, if damage ha occurred to the unit which may have compromised the refrigerant system.
- Any repairs or maintenance must only be carried out on the unit by a suitably qualified engineer. Before opening and servicing the unit the authorized engineer must be in possession of a copy of the manufacturer’s service manual and must follow the safety information contained within it to ensure all hazards are minimized.
- The refrigerant system should not be perforated or punctured.
Energy Saving and Unit Safety Protection Tips
- Do not cover or restrict the airflow from the outlet or inlet grills.
- For maximum performance the minimum distance from a wall or objects should be 50cm.
- Keep the filters clean. Under normal conditions, filters should only need cleaning once every three weeks (approximately). Since the filters remove airborne particles, more frequent cleaning maybe necessary, depending on the air quality.
- For the initial start up set the fan speed to maximum and the thermostat to 4- 5 degrees lower than the current temperature. After, set the fan switch to low and set the thermostat to your desired setting.
- To protect the unit we recommend not using the cooling function when the ambient temperature is higher than 35oC
FEATURES AND PARTS LIST
- Self-evaporative system – no external water tank needed
- Designer inspired luxury model
- Bright LED screen, indicates temperature and operation mode
- On/Off timer function – allows you to choose when the unit operates
- Compressor protection technology
Warning: Before using this unit, please keep it upright for at least 3-4 hours. This unit can easily be moved from one room to another. While moving the unit please note that it must always be kept upright and then placed on an even surface.
- Attach the fishtail connector to the end of the hose, by extending the end of the hose and twisting the fishtail adaptor until it is firmly attached (At least 3 full rotations)
- Attach the connector on the opposite end of the pipe to the exhaust outlet on the rear of the appliance by putting it into position and twisting to lock in place.
- Make sure the unit is upright and there are no obstructions to the air inlet and outlet grills.
INSTALLATION OF WINDOW KIT
The window kit (slide bar and fishtail) can be used with sliding windows and doors. For other types of window, the fishtail should be used on its own.
- Partially open the window and then fix the window kit to the window.
- Fix the fishtail on the hose into the opening in the slide bar.
- The window kit is only designed to be installed with sliding or sash windows or doors. The window kit is not designed or to be used with any other style of windows.
- The fish tail adaptor can be used without the slide bar with most windows / doors.
- When using the air conditioner ensure that the opening left around the fishtail is as small as possible to ensure efficient operation.
- The best form of installation is through a wall duct. By properly venting you expel hot air from your room while efficiently cooling it.
- Your air conditioner should be used without the vent pipe in dehumidifier mode. When using dehumidifier mode ensure that an external water tank is used, monitored and regularly emptied before overflowing. Permanent plumbing can be also installed for dehumidifier mode or an external uplift water pump can be set up for unattended use.
The length of the soft hose extends from 28 cm to 150 cm. If hose is extended above this length the unit may malfunction and this can invalidate the warranty. The outlet vent must be well ventilated and not obstructed as this will cause the unit to overheat. Avoid bending the air hose more than 30 degrees.
This portable air conditioner boasts 3 modes: Cooling, Dehumidifying and Fan. The fan has two speeds: high and low. Temperature range settings are: 16-31Ԩ. The unit will also display operating function, temperature, fault diagnostics and protective functions on the display.
- Swing Button
- Timer Button
- Fan Speed Button
- Up button
- Down Button
- mode Button
- Sleep Button
- Power Button
POWER BUTTON: Press to turn the machine in and off. In the case of power on.
MODE BUTTON: Press to change between cooling, fan and dehumidifier modes.
COOLING MODE: Cold air will be expelled through the front of the unit and hot air will be expelled through the vent hose.
DEHUMIDIFIER MODE: The unit should be set up without a vent hose, moisture is extracted from the air that passes through the unit. Continuous drainage should be set up for the moisture collected (Drainage pipe not included).
FAN MODE: No cooling effect, circulates air within the room, vent pipe not required.
UP AND DOWN BUTTONS: These can be used to set the desired temperature between 16 – 31
Following pressing the TIMER button, they are also used to set the timer length. Press both buttons at the same time to change the display between C and F .
FAN SPEED BUTTON:
IN COOLING AND FAN MODE: Press to change between high, medium and low fan speeds.
IN DEHUMIDIFY MODE: The fan will default to low speed and cannot be adjusted.
TIMER BUTTON: Timer functions cannot be combined or repeated. POWER ON TIMER:
With the appliance turned off, press the “TIMER” button to setup the power-on time. Press the UP and DOWN buttons to adjust the duration of the timer (from 1 to 24 hours). Timer indicator turns on. The unit will start after selected number of hours.
POWER OFF TIMER:
With the appliance running with the desired settings, press the “TIMER” button to setup the power – off timer. Press the UP and DOWN buttons to adjust the duration of the timer (from 1 to 24 hours). The timer indicator will illuminate. The unit will stop after selected number of hours. 1:Swing Button 2:Timer Button 3:Fan Speed Button 4:Up button 5:Display 6:Down Button 7:mode Button 8:Sleep Button 9:Power Button
SLEEP BUTTON:Press to turn on the sleep mode
While the sleep mode is activated in cooling mode, after one hour the desired temperature will be increased by 1ºC, after another hour the desired temperature will increase by another 1ºC and remain at that level. This means the unit will spend less time with the compressor running, and so run quieter. Press the MODE button until the sleep mode indicator is illuminated, the fan speed is set to low. Sleep mode cannot be used in dehumidifying and fan mode. If the internal tank becomes full, the machine will turn off and sleep mode will be cancelled.
The air conditioner can be controlled with the remote control. Two AAA-batteries are required to use the remote control.
- POWER : Press the POWER button to turn the machine on and off.
- MODE : Press the MODE button to switch between cooling, fan, Dehumidify modes.
- UP : press the UP button to increase the desired temperature and set the duration of the timer.
- DOWN : press the DOWN button to reduce the desired temperature and set the duration of the timer.
- FAN : Press the FAN button to cycle between high, medium and low fan speeds.
- TIMER : Press the TIMER button to set the duration of the power on or power off timer..
- SWING : Press the swing button to change the orientation of the louvres to direct the air
- TEMPERATURE UNIT : Press to switch between displaying the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- SLEEP MODE : Press to turn on the sleep mode. The unit will work with energy saving logic and the lowest fan speed.
MULTI PROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS
OVERFLOW PROTECTION FUNCTION
When the water in the internal water tank exceeds the warning level, the machine will automatically sound an alarm, and the Full light will illuminate. At this point, you need to empty the internal water tank. After the water is emptied, the machine will automatically return to the original state.
AUTOMATIC DEFROSTING (COOLING MODELS HAVE THIS FUNCTION)
The machine has automatic defrosting function: during defrosting, heating symbol on the display screen will flash.
AUTOMATIC THERMAL PROTECTION
To protect the service life of the machine, the machine has automatic thermal protection. During the protection period, the compressor and the lower motor will stop operation and will automatically return to normal heating state after the temperature of the machine recovers.
PROTECTION FUNCTION OF THE COMPRESSOR
To increase the service life of the compressor, it has a 3- minute delay start protection function
EMPTYING THE INTERNAL WATER TANK
When the internal water tank is full the unit will stop working. Shut off the unit and unplug. Try not to move the model abruptly as this may cause the water in the internal tank to spill out. Place a tray under the water plug or place the unit in a drainage area. Remove the rubber stopper – water will drain from the internal tank. Put the rubber stopper back into place.
Unscrew the drain plug cap and remove the rubber stopper. Connect a water pipe to the water outlet. (Not Supplied) You can plumb this pipe into your current plumbing system, lead it outside and use gravity fall or use a water pump.
Note: This model has a self-evaporative function, which reduces the need to empty the water tank. If the unit is vented correctly most of the water is reused to cool the condenser coils and any excess is evaporated. Please do not use continuous drainage if you intend to use the self-evaporating facility.
PLEASE TURN OFF THE UNIT AND UNPLUG FROM THE MAINS BEFORE CLEANING OR PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE
CLEAN THE SURFACE
Clean the surface of the machine with a wet soft cloth. Do not use chemicals, such as benzene, alcohol, gasoline, etc; otherwise, as this may cause damage to the surface and or the internal workings of the machine.
AIR FILTER CLEANING
If the filter screen is clogged with dust, the effectiveness of the air conditioner is reduced. The filter screen should be cleaned once every two weeks or as often as necessarily in your environment.
CLEAN THE UPPER FILTER SCREEN FRAME
Grip the edge of the evaporator filter screen frame with both hands. Pull out to remove the filter screen from its frame. If present, unscrew the screws fixing the filter before removing it (as shown in the above figure).
Put the evaporator filter screen into warm water with neutral detergent (about 40C /104 F) and dry it in the shade after rinsing clean.
END OF SEASON MAINTENANCE
- Remove the rubber stopper and drain plug cap from the drainage hole and empty the internal tank. You can also drain the water by leaning the unit.
- Then switch the unit to low fan mode.
- Keep the unit in this mode for half day – until the conduit is dried. Doing this helps to keep the inside of the unit dry and prevents mould from developing
- Turn off the unit and pull out the plug.
- Replace the rubber stopper and drain plug cap
- Coil the wire and bind it together, then put it into the accessories space.
- Separate the air-exhaust pipe and store it safely.
- Cover the unit and keep it in a dry place.
- Take the batteries out of the remote control and store or dispose of them safely Keep all accessories with the unit ready for next season.
Do not repair or disassemble the air conditioning. Unqualified repair will invalidate the warranty and may lead to failure, causing injuries and property damage. Only use it as directed in this user manual and only perform operations advised here.
|The air conditioner
does not work.
|There is no electricity.
|Tura it on after connecting it to a socket with electricity.
|FULL light is iluminated
|Discharge the water inside.
|The ambient temperature is too low or too high
|Only use to use the machine within temperature range of 7-35°C (44-95°F).
|In cooling mode, the room temperature is lower than the set temperature: in heating mode. the room temperature is higher than the set temperature.
|Change the set temperature.
|In dehumidification mode, the
ambient temperature is Icon.
|The machine is placed in a room with an ambient temperature of greater than 17 °C. (62 °F).
|The cooling effect is not good
|There direct sunlight. t.
|Use attains to reduce the heat from the sun.
|Doors or windows are open: them are a lot of people: or Si cooling mode, there are other sources of heat (e.g. fridges)
|Close doors and windows: increase air conditioning power
|The fitter screen is dirty.
|Clean or replace the filter screen.
|The air inlet or outlet is blocked.
|Clear obstructions: make sure venting is correct as described in this user manual and hose is not bent
|The air conditioning is not placed on a flat surface.
|Put the air conditioning on a flat and hard place (to reduce noise).
|Compressor does not work.
|Overheat protection starts.
|Wait for 3 minutes until the temperature is lowered, and then restart the machine.
|The remote control does not work.
|The distance between the machine and the remote control is too far.
|Let the remote control get close to the air conditioning and make sure that the remote control directly faces to the direction of the remote-control receiver.
|The remote control is not aligned the direction rection of the remctio control receiver.
|Batteries are dead.
|Displays ‘E 1’.
|The pipe temperature sensor is abnormal.
|Clean filters and restart. Refer to service centre d issue still persist.
|The room temperature sensor is abnormal.
|Clean filters and restart Refer to service centre d issue sal persist.
|Water tank ts full inside the machine
|Dram out water from drain port at bottom rear of
|No refrigerant or there is very Me refrigerant
|Refer to Service Centre (check leakage. mellirg. vacuum purnp• charge refrigerant according to name plate)
|Waitng for defrosting.
Function will recover automaticaly. No user nput needed.
|High pressure protection
|After inside gas pressure comes down. it will function normally. No user input needed
If problems not listed in the table occur or recommended solutions do not work, please contact the service centre.
Disposal: Do not dispose this product as unsorted municipal waste. Collection of such waste must be handled separately as special treatment is necessary. Recycling facilities are now available for all customers at which you can deposit your old electrical products. Customers will be able to take any old electrical equipment to participating civic amenity sites run by their local councils. Please remember that this equipment will be further handled during the recycling process, so please be considerate when depositing your equipment. Please contact the local council for details of your local household waste recycling centres.
|Rotary, R290 gas
|38-48dB(A) Sound Energy
<65dB(A) Sound Power
|Permitted Excessive Operating Pressure
|Maximum Allowable Pressure
|Unit must be vented outside when in Air Cooling mode. For the
purposes of EU regulation EN12102 this is a local air conditioner
and produces less than 65dB(A) sound energy.
electriQ UK SUPPORT
Please, for your own convenience, make these simple checks beforecalling the service line. If the unit still fails to operate call the number below, or complete the online form.
0871 620 1057
- Has the unit been standing upright for at least 2 hours?
- Is the unit plugged into the mains?
- Is the fuse OK?
- Switch the unit off and wait three minutes to see if the issue is resolved. Restart the unit.
- heck if the water tank is full.
Office hours: 9AM – 5PM Monday to Friday
Unit J6, Lowfields Business Park
Lowfields Way, Elland
West Yorkshire, HX5 9DA