eureka Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Thank you for purchasing your new Eureka vacuum!
To view an assembly video, go to Eureka.com/videos or scan QR code. If you have questions about your new vacuum, please contact our customer service helpline at
1-800-282-2886. We’re here to help!
Promotional code: eurekaad15
Special Offer – receive 15% off parts and accessories when ordering online. Promotion excludes vacuums.
Where To Find Important Vacuum Information
Keep this information
Write the model, type and serial number here:
Date of purchase (keep your receipt) _______________
Model number and type ________________________
Serial number _________________________________
Find these numbers on a label on the middle back side of the vacuum cleaner. Refer to these numbers when ordering parts and accessories or if service is needed.
Before You Start Your Vacuum Cleaner
Refer to Quick Start Guide for assembly and use. This Owner’s Guide provides important instructions to prolong the life of your Eureka vacuum cleaner.
Registration: To register your product visit www.eureka.com and click on the ‘Register Your Product’ link in the top right corner.
Inspection: Carefully unpack and inspect your new Eureka vacuum cleaner for shipping damage. Each unit is tested and thoroughly inspected before shipping. For instructions regarding any shipping damage, call Eureka Customer Service HELPLINE 1-800-282-2886 immediately.
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VACUUM CLEANER
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
- Do not leave vacuum cleaner when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended attachments.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If vacuum cleaner is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center before using.
- Do not pull or carry by cord. Do not use cord as a handle. Do not close a door on cord or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run vacuum cleaner over cord. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Cord rewind models: Hold plug when rewinding into cord reel. Do not allow plug to whip when rewinding.
- Do not handle plug or vacuum cleaner with wet hands.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow.
- This vacuum cleaner creates suction and contains a revolving brush roll. Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving parts.
- Do not place vacuum cleaner on furniture or stairs as the brush roll may cause damage. Use extra care when cleaning stairs. Place vacuum cleaner on floor with the handle in storage position while using attachments.
- Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or hot ashes.
- Do not use without dust cup, filter, screen and exhaust filter in place.
- Belt pulleys can become hot during normal use. To prevent burns, avoid touching the belt pulley when servicing the drive belt.
- Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline, or use in areas where they may be present.
- Store your vacuum cleaner indoors in a cool, dry area.
- Keep your work area well lighted.
- Unplug electrical appliances before vacuuming them.
- Unplug before connecting turbo nozzle
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Do Not Oil the motor or the brush roll at any time. The bearings are permanently lubricated and sealed.
How To Identify Parts Of Your Vacuum Cleaner
NOTE: For further instructions, see Owners Guide at www.eureka.com
Make sure vacuum is turned off and power cord is unplugged.
|NOTICE: Thermal cut-off|
|This vacuum cleaner has a special thermostat that protects the vacuum in case of motor overheating. If the vacuum suddenly shuts off, proceed as follows: 1) Push the power switch to off and unplug the vacuum. 2) Check the vacuum for a possible source of overheating such as a full dust cup, blocked hose or clogged filter. If these conditions are found, fix them and wait at least 30 minutes before attempting to use the vacuum. 3) After the 30 minute period, plug the vacuum back in and turn on the switch. If the vacuum still does not work, call the Eureka customer service helpline.|
|Motor will not start.||
|Vacuum does not clean carpet or bare floor.||
|No suction at the end of hose.||
|Burning smell; brush roll will not turn.||
|Cord will not rewind fully.||
|Turbo nozzle will not turn.||
|Vacuum is hard to push.||
The Eureka Limited Warranty
Eureka warrants this vacuum cleaner to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a term of three years for normal household use.
Warranty is granted only to the original purchaser and members of immediate household.
This warranty is good for three years from the date of purchase only when the vacuum cleaner is used in the accordance with Eureka operating instructions. Note: refurbished or remanufactured products have a one year limited warranty.
This warranty does not cover
- Parts of the vacuum that require replacement under normal use such as disposable dust bags, filters, drive belts, light bulbs, brush roll, bristles, impellers and cleaning.
- Damages or malfunctions caused by negligence, abuse, and use not in accordance with the Owner’s Guide.
- Defects or damages caused by unauthorized service or the use of other than Genuine Eureka, ARM & HAMMERTM and FiltreteTM by 3M parts.
What Eureka will do
Eureka will, at its option, repair or replace a defective vacuum or vacuum part that is covered by this warranty. As a matter of warranty policy, Eureka will not refund the consumer’s purchase price.
Obtaining warranty service
To obtain warranty service you must return the vacuum or vacuum part along with “proof of purchase” to any Eureka Authorized Warranty Station. For Eureka Authorized Warranty Station or Service Information, visit www.eureka.com, write or telephone toll free:
Electrolux Home Care
North America Service Division
P.O. Box 3900
Peoria, IL 61612
Electrolux Home Care
North America Service Division
5855 Terry Fox Way
Mississauga, Ontario L5V 3E4
Obtaining warranty service outside your community
You must pay the shipping charges to the Eureka Authorized Warranty Station.
Return shipping charges will be paid by the Warranty Station. When returning parts for repair, please include the model, type and serial number located on the rating plate on the lower backside of the vacuum.
Further limitations and exclusions
Any warranty that may be implied in connection with your purchase or use of the vacuum, including any warranty of Merchantability or any warranty for Fitness For A Particular Purpose is limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Your relief for the breach of this warranty is limited to the relief expressly provided above. In no event shall the manufacturer be liable for any consequential or incidental damages you may incur in connection with your purchase or use of the vacuum.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which may vary by state.
The ARM & HAMMER name is a trademark of Church and Dwight Co., Inc. 3M and Filtrete are trademarks of 3M Company, used by Electrolux Home Care Products, Inc. under license.