Eureka Enviro Steamer
Do not return this product to the store.
For assembly problems or questions contact: Eureka’s Customer Service Division
toll free at 1-800-282-2886, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Central Standard Time, Monday through Saturday.
For replacement of broken or missing items to be shipped direct to you, call 1-800-438- 7352, 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
For location of nearest Eureka Warranty Station or Service Information, call 1-800-282-2886 *En México llame al 254 23 52
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS STEAM CLEANER.
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury:
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not leave steam cleaner when plugged in. Turn off the switch and unplug the electrical cord when not in use and before servicing.
- Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used near children, pets or plants.
- Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer’s recommended accessories.
- Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If steam cleaner is not working as it should, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center before using.
- Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord around sharp edges or corners. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use extension cords or outlets with inadequate current carrying capacity.
- Turn off all controls before unplugging from electrical outlet.
- Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
- Do not handle plug or steam cleaner with wet hands or operate without shoes.
- Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked.
- Do not use without floorcloth in place.
- Do not use on stairs.
- Store your steam cleaner indoors in a cool, dry area.
- Keep your work area well lighted.
- Never turn the appliance over or on its side when using steam. Never direct steam towards people, animals or plants.
- Do not immerse the steam cleaner into water or other liquids. Always unplug the power cord from the electrical socket when filling the steam cleaner.
- Never put descaling, aromatic, alcoholic or detergent products into the steam cleaner, as this may damage it or make it unsafe for use.
- Before filling, proceed as follows: 1) turn off the steam cleaner, (2) unplug the power supply, 3) slowly unscrew cap (see page 6, item D) and wait 5 seconds before removing.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance must be grounded. If it should malfunction or breakdown, grounding
provides a path of least resistance for electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock.
This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and
grounding plug. The plug must be inserted into an appropriate outlet that is properly
installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service person if you are in doubt as to whether the outlet is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the
appliance – if it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
This appliance is for use on a nominal 120 volt circuit and has a grounding plug that
looks like the plug illustrated in Figure A. A temporary adapter which looks like the adapter illustrated in Figure B may be used to connect this plug to a two-pole receptacle, as shown, if a properly grounded outlet is not available. The temporary adapter should be used only until a properly grounded outlet, Figure A, can be installed by a qualified electrician. The green colored rigid ear, lug, or the like extending from the adapter must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box cover.
Whenever the adapter is used, it must be held in place by a metal screw.
NOTE: In Canada, the use of a temporary adapter is not permitted by the Canadian
The steamer is designed as a complete change from old methods of manual floor
cleaning. This appliance is designed to obtain excellent floor cleaning and effective
sterilization of these surfaces.
The instructions in this booklet serve as a guide to routine maintenance. For additional
service information telephone our toll free number for the nearest Eureka Authorized
Warranty Station. You should know the model and type numbers when you call:
Mexico: 254 23 52
If you prefer, you can write to The Eureka Company, Service Division, 807 North Main
Street, Bloomington, Illinois 61701, USA. In Canada write to The Eureka Company, 866
Langs Drive, Cambridge, Ontario N3H 2N7. Refer to The Eureka Warranty for complete
The model and type are indicated on the rating plate located on the back side of the cleaner under the handle. For prompt and complete service information, always refer to these numbers when inquiring about service.
Model & Type _________
Serial No. ____________
DESCRIPTION OF THE DELUXE ENVIRO STEAMER
B) Main part of steam cleaner
C) On/Off Switch
D) Safety Cap
E) Pilot light
F) Refill water light
G) Cloth clip
H) Telescopic tube
I) Measuring cup
K) Hanging hook
L) Preheating/cool down tray
MAIN FEATURES OF THE DELUXE ENVIRO STEAMER
Thank you for having chosen our product and allow us to congratulate you for having
purchased the Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer.
The Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer achieves a high degree of hygienic and degreasing
power on floors. It turns water into steam in just a few minutes, so when contact is made with surfaces dirt and grime is removed.
Since the Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer uses the active power of steam without the use of detergents or soap, it is safe for the environment.
The Deluxe Enviro Steamer is a new way of cleaning that is effective and hygienic.
The Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer does not allow calcium deposits to adhere to the
boiler and does not require distilled water. Areas with hard water should use distilled
water for better performance. See the maintenance section for care.
Other Advantages of the Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer
The Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer can kill dust mites and some types of bacteria, such as salmonella and E-coli when used properly.
To disinfect a specific area, position the steamer over the area for a minimum of eight
seconds. This allows the floor under the steamer to reach approximately 170°F. Use this procedure to disinfect floors near: bathroom stools, food preparation areas (not on
kitchen counters), pet sleeping quarters, etc.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
The Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer is designed to thoroughly clean floor surfaces, such as marble, ceramic, stone, linoleum, sealed hard wood floors and parquet.
WARNING: On surfaces that have been treated with wax or some no wax floors,
the sheen may be removed by the heat and steam action. Do not use on unsealed wood floors or let unit stand on any wood floor for an extended period of time. This could cause the woodgrain to rise.
It is therefore recommended that a sample cleansing be carried out on an isolated area of the floor. Also, check use and care instructions from the floor manufacturer.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE AND USE
- After having taken the appliance out of its box, screw the telescopic tube onto the main part of the appliance (Fig. 1). Then turn the two ends and pull them out to the desired length. Lock in the upper part by turning clockwise (Fig. 1b).
Do not plug unit into an electrical outlet until Step 5.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE AND USE (continued)
- Secure the cable onto its hook at the top of the tube (Fig. 2). Wrap cord for storage (Fig. 2a).
3. Rest the base of the Enviro Steamer on its floorcloth as supplied, making sure that the edges are secured over the base (Fig. 3). Then tuck both ends of the floor cloth under the cloth clips. Do not use without a floorcloth in place.
CAUTION: Floorcloth grippers have sharp teeth.
4. Unscrew the safety cap (D), insert funnel (J) and pour 2 measures of water using the measuring cup (I) (total 12 oz.) into the tank, then screw the safety cap back on.
NOTE: Do not overfill.
5. Now, plug the unit into an electrical outlet.
6. Place the Deluxe Enviro Steamer on its preheating/cool down tray then press on/off switch and wait for about 3-4 minutes (Fig. 5). Do not leave the device unattended during the waiting period. CAUTION: Do not leave the device standing on the floor. If you notice the formation of a whitish “halo,” it may be removed using a normal decalcifying product or with a few drops of vinegar.
7. As soon as Deluxe Enviro Steamer emits steam, begin using it, passing slowly over the surfaces to be cleaned. This is the ideal method for thoroughly cleaning your floor. To disinfect specific areas of the floor, leave the steamer over the spot for a minimum of eight seconds, but no more than 15 seconds.
WARNING: Never turn the floor steamer over, or on its side when using steamer, or direct steam at any person, animal, or plants. Use only on floors.
8. When Deluxe Enviro Steamer no longer emits steam the water refill light (F) will
come on. This means that there is no more water (this will happen after approximately
15 minutes of use). Place appliance on preheating/cool down tray, turn off (Fig. 5)
and unplug from the electrical outlet. Take off the safety cap, and refill. During
refilling, be careful not to touch the hot parts of the device. CAUTION: Safety cap
and floorcloth may be hot.
9. Replace safety cap, turn your Deluxe Enviro Steamer on again and steam will start
to be produced as before.
10. After each use, rinse the floorcloth in running water and line dry. It may shrink if put
in a clothes dryer.
CAUTION: Whenever changing the floorcloth, turn off the appliance (Fig. 5)
and unplug. Be careful not to touch the hot parts of the device.
11. After use, wind the power cord around the cord hooks (Fig. 2a) before putting the
12. Always empty leftover water prior to storage.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
NOTE: The unit must be turned off and unplugged from the electrical outlet and
allowed to cool down before all cleaning and maintenance tasks.
In order to guarantee perfect functioning over a long period of time the tank needs to be rinsed out with water once a month to eliminate any accumulated calcium deposits. Do not use vinegar or other decalcifying substances. Put in two measures of water,
replace the safety cap and shake to loosen deposits. Remove safety cap and immediately empty water into a sink. CAUTION: Do not immerse the unit in water.
The Eureka Deluxe Enviro Steamer should be used with its own specially developed
floorcloths (spare floorcloths are available from your Eureka retailer).
NOTE: Turn OFF the power switch and unplug the electrical cord before servicing.