Hamilton Beach Hand/Stand Mixer Instructions
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury to persons, including the following:
- Read all instructions. in any manner. Supply cord replacement and
- This appliance is not intended for use by repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, persons with reduced physical, sensory, or its service agent, or similarly qualified persons mental capabilities, or lack of experience and in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided knowledge, unless they are closely supervised customer service number for information on and instructed concerning use of the appliance examination, repair, or adjustment. by a person responsible for their safety.
- This appliance shall not be used by children. sold by the appliance manufacturer for use with Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of this model may cause fire, electric shock, or children. injury.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- To protect against risk of electrical shock, do plugging cord into wall outlet. To disconnect, not put cord, plug, or mixer body in water or turn the control to OFF other liquid.
- Turn the appliance OFF( ), then unplug fromoutlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Avoid contacting moving parts. Keep hands, hair, and clothing, as well as spatulas and other utensils, away from beaters during operation to reduce risk of injury to persons and/or damage to mixer.
- Remove beaters from mixer before washing.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter or touch hot surfaces, including stove.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged supply cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Supply cord replacement and repairs must be conducted by the manufacturer, its service agent, or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. Call the provided customer service number for information on examination, repair, or adjustment.
- The use of attachments not recommended or sold by the appliance manufacturer for use with this model may cause fire, electric shock, or
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Check that the appliance is OFF ( ) before plugging cord into wall outlet. To disconnect, turn the control to OFF ( ); then remove plug from wall outlet. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the outlet. Never pull from the power cord.
- Do not use appliance for other than intended purpose.
- CAUTION! In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an
external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched
on and off by the utility.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS Other Consumer Safety Information
This appliance is intended for household use only.
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard: This appliance is provided with a polarized plug (one wide blade) to reduce the risk of electric shock. The plug fits only one way into a polarized outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the plug by modifying the plug in any way or using an adapter. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, have an electrician replace the outlet.
The length of the cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the hazards of becoming tangled in or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary, an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the appliance. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
BEFORE FIRST USE:
Wash bowl and beaters in hot, soapy water. Rinse and dry.
Never place mixing bowl in oven, microwave oven, or on a hot cooking surface. Mixing bowl is not intended to be used at high temperatures and should never be used as cookware, ovenware, or bakeware.
WATTAGE/PEAK POWER INFORMATION
The marked rating of the hand mixer is determined by Underwriters Laboratories as the maximum stabilized power consumption of the hand mixer at high speed under a loaded condition. Peak power is an average of the maximum wattage a hand mixer may consume during initial operation at high speed.
Parts and Features
- Speed Control (ON/OFF)
- Eject Button
- Mixer Beaters
- Turntable Shift and StirTM Bowl Lever
- Mixer Release Button
- Mixer Tilt Button (located on rear of stand)j Stand
How to Assemble Stand
The stand mixer is very convenient for most recipes. However, small amounts– like one cup (237 ml) of cream–may not contact the beaters in the stand mixer mode. In these cases we recommend using as a hand mixer.
NOTE: Attach mixer to stand before attaching beaters or dough hooks.
- Set stand on counter. With platform level and while holding mixer as shown, place the two small holes on the bottom of the mixer into the two hooks on platform.
- As the mixer is lowered, gently press the back of the mixer onto the platform until it locks in position. The mixer can now be used as a stand mixer.
- Push the Tilt Button to tilt the mixer.
Optional Attachments (available on selected models)
Before first use: wash beaters or attachments in warm, sudsy water; rinse and dry. Always unplug mixer from electrical outlet before inserting or removing attachments. This mixer comes with 1 or more of the following attachments:
|The flat beaters are designed for general mixing purposes.|
|The straight wire beaters, which have no center post for ease in cleaning, are designed for mixing thick batters and cookie dough.|
|The single whisk is perfect for whipping cream. The whisk may be inserted into either opening.|
|The twisted wire beaters, which have no center post for ease in cleaning, are designed for mixing thick batters and cookie dough.|
|The dough hooks can perfectly knead a one loaf bread recipe. Always use dough hooks on speed 4, 5, or 6 in the hand mixer mode.
Do not use dough hooks in the stand mixer mode.
To Insert Attachments
Flat Beaters, Straight Wire Beaters, and Whisk
- Always make sure mixer is unplugged and speed control is set to OFF ( ).
- Insert a beater or attachment into an opening on the bottom of the mixer. Push until it clicks into place. Repeat with other beater or attachment.
Twisted Wire Beaters and Dough Hooks
- Always make sure mixer is unplugged and speed control is set to OFF ( ).
- Insert the wire beater or the dough hook with the Collar collar into the larger opening.
- Align tabs on the beater or dough hook with the Tab Slot slots in the opening. Push until it clicks into place. Repeat with other beater or dough hook.
Mixer Release Button
Use this feature to release the mixer from the “locked” position on the stand.
Bowl RestBowl Rest™
This feature can be used on most large mixing bowls. Use the Bowl Rest while adding ingredients or checking a recipe. To use, TURN MIXER OFF ( ) and then set the mixer on
CAUTION: Pinch Hazard Never use Bowl Rest when mixer is on.
NOTE: Do not use Bowl Rest on small (11/2 quart [1.4 L]) mixing bowls or plastic mixing bowls.
Press and hold down the button for additional powe at any speed.
NOTE: Never use QuickBurst for more than two minutes at a time or motor may overheat.
Shift and Stir™ Bowl Lever
Use the lever to move the turntable. This allows you to position the
beaters near the edge of the bowl or in the center for better mixing performance.
Using Your Mixer
- Always make sure mixer is unplugged and OFF ( ) before inserting beaters, using as a hand mixer or assembling on the stand.
- Plug mixer into electrical outlet.
- Move the speed control to desired speed, starting at 1 and increasing to a higher speed as necessary.
- If using as a stand mixer do not leave mixer unattended. Always monitor the progress of the mixing.
- When finished mixing, move the speed control to OFF ( ) and unplug mixer.
- To eject beaters, push straight down on the eject button.
- To remove mixer from stand, hold mixer and press mixer release button. Pull mixer to release from stand.
The following mixing guide is a suggestion for selecting mixing speeds. Begin on speed 1 and increase to desired speed depending on the recipe consistency.
|0||OFF ( ) and/or Eject|
|1||LOW speed for folding or mixing in dry ingredients, muffins,|
|2||or quick breads|
|3||To cream butter and sugar; most cookie dough|
|4||MEDIUM speed for most packaged cake mixes|
|5||Frosting and mashed potatoes; kneading dough|
|6||Beating egg whites; kneading dough|
Cookie dough is one of the thickest doughs to mix. Make it easier by following these tips:
- Use a large mixing bowl so that ingredients spread out for easier mixing.
- Have butter or margarine at room temperature.
- Add ingredients one at a time and thoroughly mix after each addition.
- Add flour one cup at a time.
- To add chips or nuts to a very thick dough or batter, we recommend stirring them in by hand at the very end of the recipe.
Cleaning Your Mixer
WARNING Electrical Shock Hazard: Do not immerse base, cord or plug in water or any other liquid.
- Always unplug mixer from electrical outlet and eject the attachments before cleaning.
- Wash attachments in hot, soapy water; rinse and dry.
- Wipe the mixer body and cord with a clean, damp cloth.
NOTE: Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.
If you have a question about your mixer, call our toll-free customer service number. Before calling, please note the model, type, and series numbers and fill in that information below. These numbers can be found on the bottom of your mixer. This information will help us answer your question much more quickly. MODEL:___________________ TYPE :___________________ SERIES: __________________
This warranty applies to products purchased and used in the U.S. and Canada. This is the only express warranty for this product and is in lieu of any other warranty or condition. This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase in Canada and one (1) year from the date of original purchase in the U.S. During this period, your exclusive remedy is repair or replacement of this product or any component found to be defective, at our option; however, you are responsible for all costs associated with returning the product to us and our returning a product or component under this warranty to you. If the product or component is no longer available, we will replace with a similar one of equal or greater value.
This warranty does not cover glass, filters, wear from normal use, use not in conformity with the printed directions, or damage to the product resulting from accident, alteration, abuse, or misuse.
This warranty extends only to the original consumer purchaser or gift recipient. Keep the original sales receipt, as proof of purchase is required to make a warranty claim.
This warranty is void if the product is used for other than single-family household use or subjected to any voltage and waveform other than as specified on the rating label (e.g., 120V ~ 60 Hz). We exclude all claims for special, incidental, and consequential damages caused by breach of express or implied warranty. All liability is limited to the amount of the purchase price. Every implied warranty, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, is disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law, in which case such warranty or condition is limited to the duration of this written warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other legal rights that vary depending on where you live. Some states or provinces do not allow limitations on implied warranties or special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you. To make a warranty claim, do not return this appliance to the store.
Please call 1.800.851.8900 in the U.S. or 1.800.267.2826 in Canada or visit hamiltonbeach.com in the U.S. or hamiltonbeach.ca in Canada. For faster service, locate the model, type, and series numbers on your appliance.