Homedics AG-2001TL Destress Ultra Inversion Massage Recliner
A NOTE FROM TONY LITTLE
My commitment is to you the customer and always will be. I will always do my best to bring you innovative, useful, quality of life enhancing products that cover all categories of health fitness and wellness.
Enjoy life, Believe in Yourself and Always Go For It!
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER– TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or showering.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids
or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use
attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
This appliance should be used only for personal, non-professional uses.
Please Note: Hands and fingers should rest comfortably on top of arm rests. When moving the recliner between resting positions, fingers can be pinched if placed into the areas of the leg noted on the yellow caution sticker. (See yellow caution sticker on recliner legs.)
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution—Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by diabetics.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 60 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the products excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This product should never be used by any individual suffering from any ailments that would limit or altogether inhibit the user’s capacity to feel or have any sensation in the body part that the product is being used on.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Important Notice: If you experience any type of distortion or interference when turning the unit to the ON position, immediately turn the unit off. Wait a few seconds before turning the unit on and distortion/interference should be eliminated.
1. Assembly Instructions/Components:
Carefully remove all contents from packaging and inspect the product to make sure all components of the recliner have been received. These should include:
2. Assemble Chair Base
- Remove Bar covers from ends. See Figure 2A.
- Attach all 3 crossbars to the right hand armrest, matching corresponding numbers, and insert large bolts and bolt sleeves into bottom bar only. Tighten partially with Allen wrench. See Figure 2B.
- Attach all 3 crossbars to left side armrest, matching the corresponding numbers. Slide together, and stand base upright. See Figure 3.
- Insert large bolts and bolt sleeves into bottom bar only and tighten partially with Allen wrench.
Note: Other bolts to be inserted later to allow extra movement of frame during assembly.
3. Attach Back Frame to Base
- Slide the back of the chair into the frame with the straps facing the chair. See Figure 4.
- Align the back with the pre-attached bolts to the frame.
- From the back side, place washer and screw on caps/nuts to secure Back frame to Chair Base. Use wrench to tighten partially. See Figures 5A and 5B.
4. Attach Seat/Leg Frame to Base
- Flip the chair on it’s back and slide the seat in place. Place into frame with the straps facing the back of the chair. See Figure 6.
- Align the Seat with pre-attached bolts.
- From the bottom side, add washer and screw on caps/nuts to secure the Seat frame to chair base. Use wrench to tighten partially. See Figures 7A and 7B.
- Squeeze frame together and insert remaining large bolts and bolt sleeves into the cross bar under the seat and tighten partially with allen wrench.
- Flip chair on its side and insert remaining large bolts and bolt sleeves into the cross bar on the back of the base and tighten partially.
- Stand chair upright and adjust so the base is level. Completely tighten all caps/nuts and bolts. See Figure 8.
- Replace covers over the ends of the crossbars. See Figure 9.
5. Attach Massage Cushion
- Slide the pocket at the top of the massage mat over the top of the back frame. See Figure 10.
- Slide the pocket at the bottom of the mat in place over the foot of the frame. See Figure 11.
- Beginning at the top of the recliner, align the hook strips on the back of the massage mat with the loop strips on the recliner frame and press gently to secure the cushion to the frame. See Figure 12.
- Attach the headrest to the massage mat. Align the loop strip on the strap of the headrest with the hook strip on the massage mat to secure in place. See Figure 13.
- Ensure the AC power adaptor receptacle cord and hand control attached to the massage mat extends through the back of the frame. Be sure the AC adaptor cord is not twisted or crimped between the mat and the metal frame.
- Store the hand control in the pouch hanging from the right side armrest.
Instructions for Inversion Massage Recliner Use
Your Inversion Massage recliner is designed to provide relaxation in a variety of positions utilizing the easy lock levers on each side of the armrests. The ideal position for optimum relaxation is one in which the feet are above the heart.
NOTE: The Inversion Massage recliner design has a weight limit of 300 pounds. Persons exceeding this body weight should not use this recliner.
- Before sitting in the Inversion Massage recliner, be sure it is in the complete upright position by unlocking the levers and pulling the backrest forward until it stops.
- Lock the recliner into the upright position by pushing the levers forward toward the footrest.
- Sit in the chair, and lean back slowly. Sitting all the way back in the seat will make it easier to recline. To adjust the angle of the chair, hold on to the armrests and lean back or forward until you reach the desired position. Lock the position into place by pulling the levers back towards your head.
- The footrest may be raised by pulling it upward. Each position will sound with a click. To lower the footrest, raise it until it stops and then push it back towards the floor.
- Before getting out of the Inversion Massage recliner, be sure to return it to its full upright position and lock into place.
- Stand up using the armrests for support.
Tip: To help you recline, slowly raise your hands above your head and lean back. Lock in your desired position with the easy lock levers. To sit upright, unlock the levers and move hands slowly towards your knees while leaning slightly forward. This will bring the recliner back to its full upright position.
Power Adaptor Instructions
Connect the adaptor jack to the massage cushion’s power receptacle located along the right side of the cushion. Once inserted, plug the other end into an AC power outlet. Use only the AC power adaptor provided with this unit.
AC Power Adaptor Information
Your massage cushion is powered by an attached custom AC home adaptor. Use only the supplied AC home adaptor as other similar-looking adaptors may cause irreparable damage to the unit and will void your warranty.
Massage Cushion and Hand Control Instructions
Press the POWER button once to activate the hand controller. A corresponding LED light will illuminate to indicate the power is ON. To deactivate, press again.
To activate the heat function, your back must first be pushed against the cushion. Once resting comfortably, press the HEAT button once. The L.E.D. above the heat button will light indicating the heat is on.
NOTE: When selecting the heat feature with massaging action, there will be a slight decrease in the strength of the massage output. This adjustment is normal and should not be interpreted as a defect.
Use this function to customize the intensity of your massage. The intensity will increase with each press of the strength button providing three levels: low (L), medium (M), high (H). To change the intensity from high to low, press the button again.
Use this function to customize the speed of each massage cycle. The speed will increase with each press of the speed button providing three levels as well; low (L), medium (M), high (H). To change the speed from high to low, press the button again.
Massage Styles and Target Zone Options
Choose from 8 massage functions. To activate, press the desired function button. You can move from one style to another by simply depressing the button of another style. You can further customize your massage by targeting body zones and varying the speed and intensity within each style.
Automatic Shut Off
The Inversion Massage recliner has been designed for convenience and safety. As a special precaution against falling asleep while using the unit, or leaving the unit on while it is still in operation, we’ve programmed it to automatically stop working 60 minutes after receiving your last command. Any time you change massage functions, the timer will reset. This special feature should not be considered as a substitute for OFF. Always remember to turn your unit off when not in use.
For added protection of your unit: When the power is on but no function is selected or only the HEAT function is chosen with no massage function selected, the unit will automatically shut off after 15 minutes.
To Store: Place the hand control into the custom storage pouch which hangs
from the right side armrest . Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects
which might damage/puncture the fabric.
To Clean: Disconnect massage cushion from power source before cleaning. The massage cushion and hand control may be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth only.
- The massage cushion is not machine washable and must not come into contact with water or any other liquids.
- Do not immerse into liquids to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, polish or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair your Inversion Massage recliner. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics service address listed in the warranty section.
Frame: Periodically, the frame should be checked to ensure the screws are tight. If the frame is found to be loose, tighten screws with the tools provided. The Inversion Massage recliner and massage cushion are designed for indoor applications only. Use of this product for outdoor applications may cause irreparable damage and void your warranty.
LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT
TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE
WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center
8:30 – 5:00 p.m. (EST) M–F
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
Email: [email protected]
©2005-2008 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.