Homedics AG-2100 AntiGravity Recliner
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Valid in USA only)
HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.
This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA. A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to operate in any country other than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of incidental, consequential or special damages. All implied warranties, including but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from the original purchase date.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling. Massage Mat warranty service is $10.00.
Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your product and return it to you, postpaid. If it is appropriate to replace your product, HoMedics will replace the product with the same product or a comparable product at HoMedics’ option. Warranty is solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com.
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or showering.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep air openings free of lint, hair, etc.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only. This appliance should be used only for personal, non-professional uses.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution—Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 60 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the products excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide soothing massage to worn muscles. DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This product should never be used by any individual suffering from any ailments that would limit or altogether inhibit the user’s capacity to feel or have any sensation in the body part that the product is being used on.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Carefully remove all contents from packaging and inspect the product to make sure all components of the chair have been received. These should include:
Easy to Follow Guide to Chair Assembly
Assemble Chair Base
NOTE: ASSEMBLE BASE ON ITS SIDE.
2. Attach Seat Frame to Base
- With fabric fasteners facing up, align the holes on the bottom of the seat frame F with the holes in the base frame. Use small bolts H to secure the seat frame to the base frame. Bolts must be inserted from the underside of the chair. See Figure 4.
- Tighten all bolts evenly using the Allen wrench provided J .
NOTE: IT MAY BE EASIER TO TURN THE BASE ON ITS SIDE TO INSERT THE BOLTS.
3. Attach Back Frame to Base
- With fabric fasteners facing up, align the holes at the bottom of the back frame E with the holes in the lower bracket in the base frame. Use small bolts to secure the back frame to the base frame. See Figure 5. Attached correctly, the back frame will form a concave shape and fabric fasteners will face up. See Figure 6.
- Tighten all bolts evenly using the Allen wrench provided.
4. Attach Massage Cushion
- Slide the pocket at the top of the massage mat K over the top of the back frame. See Figure 7.
- Beginning at the top of the recliner, align the hook strips on the back of the massage mat with the loop strips on the recliner frame and press gently to secure the cushion to the frame. Be sure to tuck the massage mat under both armrests for maximum comfort. See Figure 8.
- Attach the headrest L to the massage mat. Align the loop strip on the strap of the headrest with the hook strip on the massage mat to secure in place. See Figure 9.
- Ensure the AC power adaptor receptacle cord and hand control attached to the massage mat extend through the back of the frame. Be sure the AC adaptor cord is not twisted or crimped between the mat and the metal frame.
- Store the hand control in the pouch hanging from the right side armrest.
Instructions for AntiGravity Recliner Use
Your AntiGravity recliner is designed to provide relaxation in a variety of positions utilizing the easy-lock levers on each side of the armrests. The ideal position for optimum relaxation is one in which the feet are above the heart. This position will reduce pressure on the spine and help relieve muscle tension.
NOTE: The AntiGravity recliner design has a weight limit of 300 pounds. Persons exceeding this body weight should not use this recliner.
- Before sitting in the AntiGravity recliner, be sure it is in the complete upright position by pushing the levers forward toward the footrest.
- Sit in the chair and lean back slowly. Sitting all the way back in the seat will make it easier to recline. To adjust the angle of the chair, hold on to the armrests and lean back or forward until you reach the desired position. Lock the position into place by pulling the levers back.
- The AnitGravity recliner’s ergonomic design ensures proper spine alignment in any of its 7 reclining positions.
- The footrest may be raised by pulling it upward. Each position will sound with a click. To lower the footrest, raise it until it stops and then push it back towards the floor.
- Before getting out of the AntiGravity recliner, be sure to return it to its full upright position and lock into place by pulling the easy-lock levers back.
- Stand up using the armrests for support.
Tip: To help you recline, unlock the levers and slowly raise your hands above your head and lean back. Lock in your desired position by pulling the levers back. To sit upright, unlock the levers and move hands slowly towards your knees while leaning slightly forward. This will bring the recliner back to its full upright position.
Power Adaptor Instructions
Connect the adaptor jack to the massage cushion’s power receptacle located along the right
side of the cushion. Once inserted, plug the other end into an AC power outlet. Use only the AC
power adaptor provided with this unit.
AC Power Adaptor Information
Your massage cushion is powered by an attached custom AC home adaptor. Use only the
supplied AC home adaptor as other similar-looking adaptors may cause irreparable damage to
the unit and will void your warranty.
Massage Cushion and Hand Control Instructions
Press the POWER button once to activate the hand controller. The LCD screen will illuminate.
To deactivate, press again.
To activate the heat function, your back must first be pushed against the cushion. Once resting
comfortably, press the HEAT button once. The word “HEAT” will be displayed on the LCD screen to indicate the heat is on.
NOTE: When selecting the heat feature with massaging action, there will be a slight decrease in
the strength of the massage output. This adjustment is normal and should not be interpreted as a
Use this function to customize the intensity of your massage. The intensity will increase with each press of the up arrow, providing three levels: low, medium or high. To decrease the intensity, press the down arrow. The strength “gauge” on the LCD screen (VIB) will show your choice.
Use this function to customize the speed of each massage cycle. The speed will increase with
each press of the up arrow, providing three speeds: low, medium or high. To decrease the
speed, press the down arrow. A speed “gauge” on the LCD screen (SPD) will show your choice.
Massage Functions and Target Zone Options
Choose from 9 massage functions. To activate, press the desired function button. You can move
from one style to another by simply scrolling through the options with the function button. Your
selection will be displayed on the LCD screen. You can further customize your massage by
targeting body zones and varying the speed and intensity within each style.
Automatic Shut Off
The AntiGravity recliner has been designed for convenience and safety. As a special precaution against falling asleep while using the unit, or leaving the unit on while it is still in operation, we’ve programmed it to automatically stop working 60 minutes after receiving your last command. Any time you change massage functions, the timer will reset. This special feature should not be considered as a substitute for OFF. Always remember to turn your unit off when not in use.
For added protection of your unit: When the power is on but no function is selected or only the HEAT function is chosen with no massage function selected, the unit will automatically shut off after 15 minutes.
To Store: Place the hand control into the custom storage pouch which hangs from the right side armrest . Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might damage/puncture the fabric.
To Clean: Disconnect massage cushion from power source before cleaning. The massage cushion and hand control may be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth only.
- The massage cushion is not machine washable and must not come into contact with water or any other liquids.
- Do not immerse into liquids to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, polish or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair your AntiGravity recliner. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics service address listed in the warranty section.
Frame: Periodically, the frame should be checked to ensure the screws are tight. If the frame is found to be loose, tighten screws with the tools provided.
The AntiGravity recliner and massage cushion are designed for indoor applications only. Use of this product for outdoor applications may cause irreparable damage and void your warranty.
LUXURY RECLINER WITH
10-MOTOR MASSAGE SYSTEM
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
Email: [email protected]
©2002 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.
HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.
The beauty of living well.™ is a trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. IB-AG2100