Therapist Percussion Massager
LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
DANGER—TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or showering.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING -TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should NEVER be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be blocked. Keep air openings free of lint, hair, etc.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT use on or near eyes or other highly sensitive areas.
- DO NOT operate under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- DO NOT use the percussion action massager directly on one concentrated area of the body. Percussion action massagers are designed to be used in a continuous motion, constantly changing the massage area.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
Caution: Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Instructions for Use
To reduse the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not
fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. DO NOT change the plug in any way.
- This unit is powered by and comes equipped with a UL approved cord. ALWAYS make sure unit is set to the “OFF” position before inserting plug into a 120-volt household electrical outlet.
- To turn unit on, simply slide the ON/OFF switch, located along the top of the unit’s handle, to the “ON” position. To adjust the intensity of the massage slide the selector switch down for lower intensity, up for higher intensity (See Page 7). To turn unit off, slide switch down to the “OFF” position.
- Apply massage heads lightly to the area you wish to massage.
- Move the unit slowly, holding on the targeted area. Massage the area for a short period of time and move to another area. Never massage the same spot longer than 3 minutes. CAUTION : As stated in the “IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS” section of this manual, never use this appliance on or near eyes or other highly sensitive ares.
- Operation of longer than 15 minutes is not recommended and may cause overheating.
- When massage is completed, turn unit off, unplug the power supply and store properly in a dry place.
The spacing between the massage heads can be adjusted to fit various body frames and areas (See Figure 1). Turn the unit on and simply push the button on the underside of the massager to adjust the spacing between the massage heads (See Figure 2). They will continue to cycle in and out as a long as the button is held down. As soon as you find your desired spacing for maximum comfort, release the button.
To Change Attachments
Your massager comes equipped with 3 sets of custom massage head attachments; each set is a different firmness:
- Black – Soft
- Medium grey – Medium hardness
- Light grey – Hard
To change to a different set, simply twist off (counterclockwise) the set that is attached to the unit and twist on (clockwise) the desired set.
Be sure to unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Use a soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe. NEVER allow water or any liquids to come into contact with the handle.
Unplug the appliance from the outlet and allow it to cool before storing in its box or a clean, dry place. DO NOT wrap the powercord around the unit. This can cause the cord to wear and break. DO NOT hang the unit by the powercord.
Therapist Select™ Percussion Massager
LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail To: HoMedics
Service Center Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
Email: [email protected]