TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Valid in USA only)
HoMedics, Inc., guarantees this product free from defects in material
and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original
purchase, except as noted below.
This HoMedics product warranty does not cover damage caused
by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized
accessory; alteration to the product; or any other conditions whatsoever
that are beyond the control of HoMedics. This warranty is
effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the USA.
A product that requires modification or adaptation to enable it to
operate in any country other than the country for which it was
designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of
products damaged by these modifications is not covered under
warranty. HoMedics shall not be responsible for any type of incidental,
consequential or special damages. All implied warranties,
including but not limited to those implied warranties of fitness and
merchantability, are limited in the total duration of two years from
the original purchase date.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, either hand
deliver or mail the unit and your dated sales receipt (as proof of
purchase), postpaid, along with check or money order in the
amount of $5.00 payable to HoMedics, Inc. to cover handling.
Upon receipt, HoMedics will repair or replace, as appropriate, your
product and return it to you, postpaid. If it is appropriate to replace
your product, HoMedics will replace the product with the same
product or a comparable product at HoMedics’ option. Warranty is
solely through HoMedics Service Center. Service of this product by
anyone other than HoMedics Service Center voids warranty.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have
additional rights which may vary from state to state. Because of
individual state regulations, some of the above limitations and
exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please
©1999-2001 HoMedics, Inc. or its affiliated companies, all rights reserved.
HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.
Therapist Select™ is a trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
Designed by Professionals, for Professionals.
Thank you for purchasing HoMedics Therapist Select Ultra Percussion
Massager. This, like all of HoMedics products, is built with high-quality
craftsmanship and comes backed by our two-year limited warranty.
Therapist Select Ultra Percussion Massager is guaranteed to provide
you soothing massage relief for years to come.
HoMedics is dedicated to bringing you better health through innovation.
However, you should never substitute this, or any other manufacturer’s
massager, for professional medical attention. Persistent ailments
and symptoms could indicate a more serious condition.
Professional Percussion Massager
• High intensity massage with therapeutic thermal heat
• Dual pivoting heads for an invigorating massage
• Variable speed control
• Lightweight, contoured design
• Ergonomic, foam cushioned handle
• 4 custom attachment sets included
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always
be followed, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER- To reduce the risk of electric shock:
• Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately
after using and before cleaning.
• Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it
• Do not use while bathing or showering.
• Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a
tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or
injury to persons:
• An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking
off parts or attachments.
• Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on
or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
• Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this
manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics;
specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
• Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it
is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or
dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for
examination and repair.
• Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
• Never block the air openings of the appliance or place it on a soft
surface, such as a bed or couch, where the air openings may be
blocked. Keep air openings free of lint, hair, etc.
• Never use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
• Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
• Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or
where oxygen is being administered.
• Do not use on or near eyes or other highly sensitive areas.
• Do not operate under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can
occur and cause fire, electrical shock or injury to persons.
• Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
• Do not use the vibrating massager directly on one concentrated
area of the body. Vibrating massagers are designed to be used in
a continuous motion, constantly changing the massage area.
• To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove
plug from outlet.
• This appliance is designed for household use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution – Please read all instructions
carefully before operating.
• If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your
doctor before using this product.
• Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
• Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
• Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
• Do not use this product for more than 20 minutes at a time.
• Extensive use could lead to the products excessive heating
and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the
unit to cool before operating.
• Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas
or skin eruptions.
• This product is a non-professional appliance designed to provide
soothing massage to worn muscles. Do not use this product
as a substitute for medical attention.
• Do not use this product before bed. The massage has a
stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
• Never use this product while in bed.
• This product should never be used by any individual suffering from
any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate
• This unit should not be used by children without adult supervision.
Instructions for Use
• This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the
other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the
plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does
not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do
not change the plug in any way.
1. Always make sure the unit is set to the “OFF” position before
inserting the plug into a 120 volt electrical outlet.
2. Massage: To turn the unit on, simply slide the ON/OFF switch,
located along the top of the unit’s handle up one notch. To adjust
the intensity of the massage, slide the selector switch down for
lower intensity, up for higher intensity. (See page 7)
3. Massage with Thermal Heat: Locate the two red (heat)
attachments. Attach to the massage head by turning clockwise to
secure. Slide the ON/OFF button two notches up for massage
with infrared heat. Allow a few minutes for heat to fully activate.
NOTE: To eliminate the risk of being burned, never use the
heat function without the attachments. Do not use the thermal
heat continuously for more than 20 minutes. Do not use the
thermal if you have sensitive skin, poor circulation, discolored
areas, swelling, burned, inflamed or where skin eruptions or
sores are present. Heat should be pleasant and comfortable.
Should pain or discomfort result, discontinue use and consult
4. Apply massager head lightly to the area you wish to treat.
5. Move the unit slowly, holding on the targeted area. Treat the area
for a short period of time and move to another area. Never treat
the same spot longer than 3 minutes. CAUTION – as stated in the
“IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS” section of this manual,
never use this appliance on or near eyes or other highly
6. Operation of longer than 20 minutes is not recommended and may
7. When treatment is completed, turn unit off, allow to cool, unplug
the power supply and store properly in a dry place.
To Change Attachments
Your massager comes equipped with four custom massage head
attachments. Each set is a different density:
Black – Soft
Medium grey – Medium hardness
Light grey – Hard
Red – Heat
To change to a different set, simply twist off (counterclockwise) the
set that is in the unit and twist on (clockwise) the desired set.
Be sure to unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Use a
soft, slightly damp cloth to wipe. Never allow water or any liquids to
come into contact with the handle.
Unplug the appliance from the outlet and allow it to cool before storing
in its box or a clean, dry place. Coil the cord and secure it with
the supplied fastener. Do not hang the unit by the power cord.
Professional Percussion Massager