Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
2 year limited warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- Read all instructions before using.
- To reduce the risk of contact with hot water emitting from steam vents, check appliance before each use by holding it away from your body and operating unit.
- Use appliance only for its intended use.
- To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the appliance in water or other liquids.
- Never pull cord to disconnect from outlet; instead, grasp plug and pull to disconnect.
- Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces. Let appliance cool completely before putting away. Loop cord loosely around appliance when storing.
- Always disconnect appliance from electrical outlet when filling with water or emptying, and when not in use.
- Do not operate appliance with a damaged cord, or if the appliance has been dropped or damaged. To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble or attempt to repair the appliance.
- Return to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair. Incorrect reassembly or repair could cause a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when the appliance is used.
- Close supervision is necessary for any appliance being used by or near children. Do not leave appliance unattended while plugged in.
- Never steam a garment while it is being worn.
- Burns could occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, or steam. Use care when you turn a steam appliance upside down – there may be hot water in the reservoir.
- Let the unit cool for at least 30 minutes before pouring water out of the reservoir.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening or hose.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Surfaces of this appliance may be hot when in use. Do not let eyes or bare skin touch heated surfaces.
- Do not place the steam nozzle directly on any surface or on the appliance power cord while it is hot or plugged in. Use the stand provided.
- Always keep the hose and nozzle elevated above the water container.
- To reduce likelihood of circuit overload, do not operate another high wattage appliance on the same circuit.
- Do not use an extension cord to operate the appliance. If an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a 15 ampere rated cord should be used. Cords rated for less amperage may overheat. Care should be taken to arrange the cord so that the cord cannot be pulled or tripped over.
- Never pour water directly into reservoir. Pour water in water tank only.
- When changing attachments, please be sure the unit is off and no steam is being released to avoid contact with hot water.
- Use caution when changing attachments as they may contain hot water from condensation. Ensure the attachments are dry or cooled off to avoid contact with hot water.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product must be grounded. If it should malfunction or break down, grounding provides a path of least resistance for the electric current to reduce the risk of electric shock. This product is equipped with a cord having an equipment-grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is properly installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or serviceman if you are in doubt as to whether the product is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the product – if it will not fit the outlet, you may temporarily use an adapter (such as the one shown in Figure B) until you have a proper outlet (such as the one shown in Figure C) installed by a qualified electrician.
This product is for use on a nominal 120-volt circuit, and has a grounding plug that looks like the plug illustrated in Figure A. A temporary adapter that looks like the adapter illustrated in Figure B may be used to connect this plug to a 2-pole receptacle as shown in Figure D if a properly grounded outlet is not available. The temporary adapter should be used only until a properly grounded outlet Figure C can be installed by a qualified electrician. The tab for grounding screw Figure B extending from the adapter must be connected to a permanent ground such as a properly grounded outlet box cover. Whenever the adapter is used, it must be held in place by a metal screw. See Figures D and E.
Perfect Steam Features
- Safe for use on all types of fabrics
- Quick heat-up feature emits steam in 45 seconds
- Convenient integrated garment hanger
- Telescoping design for compact storage
- 5 foot flexible hose with Safe Touch® hose cover for safe and comfortable handling
- Easy-fill water tank provides 45 minutes of continuous steam
- Rolling casters for excellent mobility
- Low water auto shut-off for safe use
- Carefully remove all contents from the packaging and inspect the product to make sure all components have been received (Fig. 10).
- Insert pole into top of unit. Match the grooves on the pole with the notches in the pole connector and push down. Securely tighten the nut on the pole over the connector by turning it clockwise (Fig 1).
- To attach the hanger attachment, align tabs in hanger attachment with grooves on pole and push down (Fig. 2).
- Fully extend the telescopic pole. To do so, open the 3 clips on the pole and pull the pole upwards (Fig. 2). When fully extended close the clips. Make sure that the pole is securely locked into place and cannot be pushed downward.
- Attach the fabric brush to the nozzle by setting into place (Fig. 3).
- Attach handle & hose assembly to unit. Line up the nut on the hose with the screw on the hose connector. Turn nut clockwise until it is securely tightened on the hose connector, (Fig 4). It should be tightly screwed into place. Then you may hang the steamer handle onto the hanger attachment (Fig. 3).
NOTE: Do not hang the hose on the hanger attachment until after it has been connected to the base to prevent the hose from falling on you.
- Attach the crease clamp (Fig. 5) onto the nozzle tab and gently push into place.
NOTE: Do not use the crease clamp and the fabric brush at the same time
Instructions for Use
- Remove the water tank from the unit by grasping the handle and turning upside down. Unscrew the cap from the bottom of the water tank. Hold the tank under cold running water and fill to the desired level (Fig. 6). DO NOT fill past the 45 min. fill line. When you have finished filling the tank screw the cap back on and turn over (Fig. 7). Place water tank back into unit and make sure it is sitting properly & securely in the cavity.
NOTE: Only fill the water tank with cold water, DO NOT use HOT water.
- Plug the steamer cord into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
- Turn the On/Off switch to the On position. The switch will light to indicate that the garment steamer is on. Steam will emit in 45 seconds from the nozzle.
- Hang the garment onto the hanger attachment (Fig 8). Steam the garment in an up/down motion starting from the top of the garment to the bottom. Always keep the hose and nozzle elevated above the water container.
- This unit has a reset button (Fig. 10). When the unit runs out of water it will automatically shut off to ensure safe use and the red indicator light will come on above the reset button. If you wish to continue your steaming session:
• Turn On/Off switch to “Off” position and unplug the power cord
• Remove and refill water tank by following Step 1 under Instructions for Use
• Plug the steamer cord into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
• Push the reset button on side of unit
• Turn On/Off switch to “On” position
- When you are finished with your steaming session place the On/Off switch in the Off position and remove the plug from the outlet.
NOTE: Be cautious when handling until steamer has fully cooled.
NOTE: When installing or changing attachments, be sure the unit is off, unplugged, and no steam is being released to avoid contact with hot water.
- Fabric Brush
Helps open the fabric for greater steam penetration.
– Attach the fabric brush onto the steam nozzle (Fig. 3).
– Move the fabric brush in a downward motion from top to bottom gently brushing the fabric.
- Crease Clamp
Helps create a straight crease
– Attach the crease clamp to the steam nozzle (Fig. 5).
– Push the trigger to open the crease clamp.
– Place the garment between the crease clamp and steam nozzle.
– Release the trigger.
– Move the crease clamp in a downward motion from top to bottom to set a crease.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Be sure the steamer is turned off and unplugged.
- Allow the steamer to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Empty any excess water from the water tank and allow it to air dry before replacing the cap and setting it back in the unit.
- Empty excess water from the reservoir by tipping unit over a sink.
- Open the 3 clips (Fig. 2) on the telescopic pole and glide it slowly to collapse being careful not to pinch your fingers. When it is all the way down close the 3 clips back into place.
- Coil the hose and place on the hanger attachment (Fig. 9)
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Removing Mineral Buildup
One common problem with steamers is mineral buildup caused by the high mineral content in many municipal water supplies. Mineral residue inside of the internal pipes and heater can cause intermittent steaming or in severe cases no steaming at all.
The best way to avoid this is to use demineralized or distilled water in the unit. The procedure below can be used to clear mineral buildup. If you are unable to use demineralized or distilled water we recommend you use this procedure every 30 hours of operation to help avoid mineral buildup.
- Turn the unit off and unplug the power cord.
- Unscrew and remove the hose from the hose connector on the top of the unit.
- Remove the pole from the unit.
- Remove the water tank from the main unit and drain any water in the unit over a sink.
- Make a mixture of 4 oz. white vinegar and 4 oz. water. In most cases 1 cup of this mixture will be sufficient.
- Slowly pour the water-vinegar mixture into the hose connector (Fig. 11).
a. If the internal piping is only partially blocked by mineral buildup, the water-vinegar mixture will soon start flowing out of the water intake hole. If this happens proceed to step 8.
b. If the internal piping is completely blocked, continue to pour the mixture into the hose connector until full.
- Pour the water-vinegar mixture into the water intake hole until full.
- Let stand for 40 minutes.
- Drain the water-vinegar mixture from hose connector or the reservoir by tipping the unit over a sink.
- Pour clean water through the hose connector and water intake hole until the vinegar smell dissipates.
- Drain the residual water from hose connector or the reservoir by tipping the unit over a sink. Reassemble the unit and operate normally.
If the procedure above does not return the unit to normal operation, the unit may need servicing.
Trouble Shooting the Steamer
|Steamer fails to heat||Steamer not plugged in
ON/OFF switch not in “ON” position
Auto shut off engaged
|Plug into electrical outlet
Push switch to “ON” position. Switch will illuminate.
Check water container to ensure it is not empty. If full, press the reset button on side of unit. If empty, refill and push reset to begin.
|No steam||Water level is low||Turn ON/OFF switch OFF and refill water container|
|Water drips from nozzle||Condensation in hose||Hold the hose vertically and allow water to drain back into tank|
|Nozzle gurgles||Condensation in hose||Hold the hose vertically and allow water to drain back into tank|
|Steam is intermittent||Mineral build-up||Follow the procedure for removing mineral build-up|
- Water mineral content and conditions will vary in different areas. To insure continued operation of the steamer, never store without cleaning and removing excess water from the reservoir and water container.
- If the reset light comes on with water in the tank you probably need to remove mineral buildup.
- In areas where the voltage exceeds 120V, it may be necessary to clean your unit more frequently.
Limited Two Year Warranty
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Service Center, Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
E-mail: [email protected]
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 5:00pm (EST)
© 2009 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Home Touch®, PerfectSteam®, and Safe Touch® have registered trademarks of HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.