Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion
Moving Quad-Roller Massage Mechanism
Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
2 year limited warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by power cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- DO NOT use on an infant or invalid or on a sleeping or unconscious person.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds.
- Use heated surfaces carefully. May cause serious burns. DO NOT use over insensitive skin areas or in the presence of poor circulation. The unattended use of heat by children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution—Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by Diabetics.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- Do not use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the lower half of their body.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
- This product is not for use in automobiles.
Caution: To avoid pinching do not lean on the Quad-Roller massage mechanism in the cushion when adjusting your body position.
Do not jam or force any part of your body in the moving massage mechanism.
Caution: Do not use Spot Shiatsu with heat in one area for more than 3 minutes.
Note: Not recommended for use on wooden surfaces as the zipper may damage the wood. Caution is also recommended when using on upholstered furniture.
Note: Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to eliminate any/all risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit.
Instructions for Use
The Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion comes with a screw located on the back of the unit to protect the massage mechanism during shipment, which must be removed before the first use to allow the unit to function properly. Use the provided allen wrench. Then, properly dispose of the screw. Warning – Failure to remove screw may cause permanent damage to the massage cushion.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Untie cord strap, extend cord and insert plug into 120-volt household electrical outlet to power unit.
Attach the cushion to most chairs for a luxurious massage as you read, rest or even work. See pages 6–7 for instructions on the use of the hand control.
The Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion incorporates a unique strapping system which allows you to fasten it to almost any chair. Just slip the straps over the seat or chair and adjust fastening straps to secure. Your massager won’t slip or slide away
Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the hand control cord.
Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass / furniture polish or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion. There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
Note:This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Note: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment. Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the equipment.
Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion
Moving Quad-Roller Massage Mechanism
To turn on the massage functions, first press the POWER button. The L.E.D. indicator will illuminate and confirm your selection. To turn off the massage functions, simply press the button again. The L.E.D. indicator will blink while the massage mechanism returns to its lowest point and then it will turn off.
Shiatsu is a deep kneading massage
Choose from 3 preset programs where the Shiatsu massage travels up and down in a specific area of the back. To select a program, simply press the button and the L.E.D. will illuminate. To deselect, press the button again or press another button.
While the unit is in Shiatsu massage, press either button to stop and focus the Shiatsu action in one place. Once the unit is operating in Spot Shiatsu, you may adjust the mechanism position by holding down either button until the desired position is reached. The Up Arrow will move the mechanism upwards and the Down Arrow will move it down. Once you release the button, the mechanism will stop in that place.
For a brief demonstration of the features of the Quad-Roller Massaging Cushion, press the Demo button. The unit will briefly go through each function. Once completed, the unit automatically turns off. The L.E.D. light will blink to indicate active function.
Rolling is like two hands working slowly up and down your back.
While the unit is in Rolling massage, press this button to adjust the distance or width between the massage heads. With each press, the massage heads will move to the next available position.
Choose from 3 preset programs where the Rolling massage travels up and down in a specific area of the back. To select a program, simply press the button and the L.E.D. will illuminate. To deselect, press the button again or press another button.
For soothing heat, when massage is on, simply press the heat button and the corresponding red L.E.D. light will illuminate. To deselect, press the button again and the corresponding L.E.D. light will turn off. For your safety, heat cannot be turned on if no massage program is selected.
NOTE: The moving massage mechanism always “parks” or finishes in its lowest position. It will continue to this position after the power has been turned off. If the electrical supply is interrupted, when power is restored, the mechanism will “park” or move to its lowest position.
Moving Quad-Roller massage mechanism
With L.E.D. illumination (blue when massage only is on, red when heat is turned on)
The actual product materials and fabrics may vary from the picture shown.
NOTE: There is a 15-minute auto shut off on the unit for your safety.
TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
HoMedics Service Center
1.800.466.33428:30 – 5:00 p.m. (EST ) M – F
Service Center, Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI