Instruction Manual and Warranty Information
1 year limited warranty
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK:
- Always place humidifier on a firm, flat surface. A waterproof mat or pad is recommended for use under the humidifier. Never place it on a rug or carpet, or on a finished floor that may be damaged by exposure to water or moisture.
- Always unplug the unit from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning
- DO NOT reach for a unit that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in the shower.
- DO NOT place or store the unit where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place or drop into water or other liquids.
- DO NOT use water above 86° Fahrenheit.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTRIC SHOCK, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- A unit should never be left unattended while plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this unit is used by or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this unit only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with this unit.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used, or where oxygen is being administered.
- Always hold the water tank firmly with both hands when carrying a full tank of water.
- NEVER use the humidifier in an environment where explosive gasses are present.
- DO NOT place the humidifier near heat sources, such as a stove, and do not expose the humidifier to direct sunlight.
- DO NOT carry this unit by the power cord or use the power cord as a handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove the plug from the outlet.
- This unit is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors. For indoor use only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE OPERATION.
- Never cover the unit while it is operating.
- Always keep the cord away from high temperature and fire.
- If the cord sustains damage, you must stop using this product immediately and contact HoMedics consumer relations (see Warranty section for consumer relations contact information).
- Perform regular maintenance on the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never use detergent to clean the ultrasonic membrane.
- Never clean the ultrasonic membrane by scraping with a hard object.
- Do not attempt to adjust or repair the unit. Servicing must be performed by professional or qualified personnel.
- Stop using this unit if there is an unusual noise or smell.
- Unplug this unit when not in use for a long period of time.
- Do not touch the water or any parts of the unit that are covered by water while the unit is on or plugged in.
- Never operate without water in the tank.
- Only use water in the tank.
- Never use any additive to the water.
- Do not wash, adjust, or move this unit without first unplugging it from the electrical outlet.
- Keep this unit out of reach of children. Do not allow children to use this unit without supervision.
Unique Features and Specifications
This humidifier uses ultrasonic high-frequency technology to convert the water into 1–5 million superparticles that are dispersed into the air evenly.
A useful night light feature is included for your convenience.
Auto Shut-Off Protection
When the tank is empty the unit will shut off automatically.
|120V/60Hz||25||1 gallon – 3.78 liters|
Run Time: 36 hours
Run time is calculated based on using cool water and setting the mist level between the low and medium settings. Based on the natural humidity level in your home, the temperature of water you use, and the mist level setting you choose, you may experience longer or shorter run times.
Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
CAUTION: This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade wider than the other). To reduce the risk of shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature. To do so could result in an electric shock hazard.
How To Use
Plug unit into a 120 volt AC electrical outlet. Turn the POWER knob clockwise to turn unit on.
Mist Adjustment Setting
To increase the mist output, turn the mist adjustment knob clockwise.
To decrease mist output, turn the mist adjustment knob counter-clockwise.
Press the NIGHT LIGHT ( ) button to turn on the night light. The dial around the POWER/MIST knob will illuminate.
How to Fill
CAUTION: Before filling unit with water, turn the power off and unplug the unit from the outlet.
NOTE: Always use two hands to carry the water tank.
- Grasp tank handle and lift up from humidifier base. (Fig. 3)
- Turn the tank upside down—remove the tank cap by turning it counter-clockwise. (Fig. 4)
- Fill the water tank with clean, cool tap water. We recommend using distilled water if you live in a hard water area. (Fig. 5)
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise until tight. (Fig. 6)
- Install the tank back on the base of the unit. Make sure the tank is firmly seated. (Fig. 7)
NOTE: It is normal to have a small amount of water in the base during and after use.
About White Dust:
The use of high mineral content hard water may cause a white mineral residue to accumulate on surfaces in the room near the humidifier. The mineral residue is commonly called “white dust.” The higher the mineral content (or, the harder your water is), the greater the potential for white dust. The white dust is not caused by a defect in the humidifier. It is caused only by minerals suspended in the water.
How and Why To Use Demineralization Cartridges:
The HoMedics demineralization cartridge will help reduce the potential for white dust, a deposit of minerals left behind from using hard water in your humidifier. The cartridge should be replaced every 30 – 40 fillings. The cartridge may need to be replaced more often if you are using very hard water. Replace the cartridge when you notice an increase in white dust build-up. If white dust still forms around the humidifier after a new cartridge has been installed, consider using distilled water. To purchase new demineralization cartridges, model # UHE-HDC4, go back to the retailer (where you purchased your humidifier) or visit www.homedics.com
If you live in an area with hard water or use a water softener, we recommend using distilled water for better results from your humidifier. Never use water softening additives in your humidifier.
- Remove demineralization cartridge from packaging and let it soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tank from the humidifier base and turn it over.
- Unscrew the tank cap by turning the cap counter-clockwise.
- Fill the tank with water as shown in the How to Fill section of the instructions included with your humidifier.
- Add the soaked demineralization cartridge into the tank.
- Replace the tank cap by turning clockwise.
- Place the tank back on the base.
Cleaning and Care
CAUTION: Before cleaning the unit, turn power off and unplug unit from the outlet.
To Clean the Tank
Remove the tank from the humidifier base by lifting it from the main unit. Unscrew the tank cap and rinse inside the tank with clean water.
To remove any scale or build-up, use a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and lukewarm water to clean the inside of the tank. (Fig. 8)
Suggestion: Clean the water tank once every two to three weeks, depending on your water conditions.
To Clean the Ultrasonic Membrane
Pour a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water on the surface of the ultrasonic membrane, then soak for five minutes. Brush clean with a soft-bristle brush (not included) and rinse. NEVER touch the ultrasonic membrane with your fingers as the natural oils in skin can damage the membrane. (Fig. 9)
Suggestion: Clean the membrane once every two to three weeks, depending on your water conditions.
NOTE: Never submerge the base in water or any liquid.
To Clean the Surface
Clean the surface of your humidifier with a clean, damp, soft cloth as often as needed. (Fig. 10)
|No Power/No Mist from Spout||
|White Dust Accumulation||
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, contact a Consumer Relations Representative by telephone at 1-800-466-3342 for assistance. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from a failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FiTNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged, and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
e-mail: [email protected]
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 7:00 pm (EST)
HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics, LLC.
© 2013–2014 HoMedics, LLC. All rights reserved.