2 year limited warranty
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING: READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
DANGER-TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- ALWAYS unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into the water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use it while bathing or showering.
- DO NOT place or store an appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS, ELECTROCUTION, FIRE, OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near children, invalids, or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO NOT use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically, any attachments not provided with the unit.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug if it is not working properly if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as handle.
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “OFF” position, then remove plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for household use only.
Caution: All servicing of this massager must be performed by authorized HoMedics Service Personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution:-Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- This product is not intended for medical use. It is intended only to provide a luxurious massage.
- If you have any concerns regarding your health consult your doctor before using this product.
- Individuals with pacemakers should consult a doctor before use.
- NEVER leave the appliance unattended, especially if children are present.
- NEVER cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- DO NOT use this product for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow the unit to cool before operating.
- NEVER use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas or skin eruptions.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to operate the controls.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without adult supervision.
Instructions for Use
To reduce the risk of electrocution, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
- Plug into a 120-volt outlet.
- To start the massage, slide the selector switch up or down for an inward or outward kneading motion. The center position is “off”.
- Neck Massage: Lie on the floor and position the mechanical kneading thumbs under your neck (See Figure A). For increased comfort, place the head rest under your head to help support your head and neck during massage (See Figure B).
- Armor Foot Massage: Place the massager on the floor or other hard surface and rest your arm or foot between the mechanical kneading thumbs (See Figures C & D).
- Large, rubberized handles provide a comfortable grip for use alone or with a partner (See Figure E).
Place massager in its box or a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around the unit. Do not hang the unit by the cord.
Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Clean only with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other liquids to come into contact with the unit.
• DO NOT immerse in any liquid to clean.
• never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene, glass/furniture polish or paint thinner to clean.
• DO NOT attempt to repair this unit. There are no user-serviceable parts. For service, send the unit to the HoMedics Service Center address listed in the warranty section.
Do not jam or force any part of your body (i.e. hands, neck, feet, etc..) between the unit’s dual massaging “heads”. Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to eliminate any/all risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel between yourself and the unit. Test unit force before using on yourself or on a companion.
LIMITED TWO YEAR WARRANTY
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below. HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
HoMedics does not authorize anyone, including, but not limited to, Retailers, the subsequent consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from a failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved, and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
Mail To: Consumer Relations HoMedics Service Center, Dept. 168 3000 Pontiac Trail Commerce Township, MI 48390
e-mail: [email protected]
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 5:00pm (EST)
©2002–2008 HoMedics, Inc. and its affiliated companies, all rights reserved. HoMedics® is a registered trademark of HoMedics Inc. and its affiliated companies.
All rights reserved.