TWO YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY (Valid in USA only)
HoMedics sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, except as noted below.
HoMedics warrants that its products will be free of defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. This warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Retailers.
To obtain warranty service on your HoMedics product, mail the product and your dated sales receipt (as proof of purchase), postpaid, to the following address:
HoMedics Consumer Relations
Service Center Dept. 168
3000 Pontiac Trail
Commerce Township, MI 48390
No COD’s will be accepted.
consumer purchaser of the product from a Retailer or remote purchasers, to obligate HoMedics in any way beyond the terms set forth herein. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse; accident; the attachment of any unauthorized accessory; alteration to the product; improper installation; unauthorized repairs or modifications; improper use of electrical/power supply; loss of power; dropped product; malfunction or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance; transportation damage; theft; neglect; vandalism; or environmental conditions; loss of use during the period the product is at a repair facility or otherwise awaiting parts or repair; or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of HoMedics.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
THE WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN SHALL BE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY. THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR ANY OTHER OBLIGATION ON THE PART OF THE COMPANY WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY. HOMEDICS SHALL
HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THIS WARRANTY REQUIRE MORE THAN THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY
PART OR PARTS WHICH ARE FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE WITHIN THE EFFECTIVE PERIOD OF THE WARRANTY. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. IF REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR DEFECTIVE MATERIALS
ARE NOT AVAILABLE, HOMEDICS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS IN LIEU OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT.
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all warranties or guarantees shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired,
replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of HoMedics.
This warranty provides you with specific legal rights. You may have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Because of individual country regulations, some of the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
For more information regarding our product line in the USA, please visit: www.homedics.com
WHEN USING ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS, ESPECIALLY WHEN
CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
SHOULD ALWAYS BE FOLLOWED, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
DANGER- TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTROCUTION:
- Always unplug the appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- DO NOT reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug it immediately.
- DO NOT use while bathing or in shower.
- DO NOT place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink.
- DO NOT place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- NEVER use pins or other metallic fasteners with this appliance.
- Keep dry – DO NOT operate in a wet or moist condition.
WARNING – TO REDUCE THE RISK OF BURNS,
ELECTROCUTION, FIRE OR INJURY TO PERSONS:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before putting on or taking off parts or attachments.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by HoMedics; specifically any attachments not provided with the unit.
- NEVER operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return it to HoMedics Service Center for examination and repair.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
- NEVER use while sleeping or fall asleep while using the massager.
- NEVER drop or insert any object into any opening.
- DO NOT operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- DO NOT operate under a blanket or pillow. Excessive heating
can occur and cause fire, electrocution or injury to persons.
- DO NOT carry this appliance by the power cord or use cord
- To disconnect, turn all controls to the “off” position, then remove
plug from outlet.
- This appliance is designed for personal, non-professional use only.
- DO NOT use outdoors.
- Temperatures sufficiently high to cause burns may occur regardless
of the control setting. DO NOT use on an infant or invalid or on a
sleeping or unconscious person. DO NOT use on insensitive skin or
on a person with poor blood circulation.
- DO NOT crush. Avoid sharp folds
All servicing of this massager must be
performed by authorized HoMedics service personnel only.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Caution—Please read all instructions carefully before operating.
- Consult your doctor prior to using this product, if
– You are pregnant
– You have a pacemaker
– You have any concerns regarding your health
- Not recommended for use by Diabetics.
- Never leave the appliance unattended, especially if children
- Never cover the appliance when it is in operation.
- Do not use this product for more than 20 minutes at a time.
- Extensive use could lead to the product’s excessive heating
and shorter life. Should this occur, discontinue use and allow
the unit to cool before operating.
- Never use this product directly on swollen or inflamed areas
or skin eruptions.
- This product is a non-professional appliance designed to
provide soothing massage to worn muscles.
- DO NOT use this product as a substitute for medical attention.
- DO NOT use this product before bed. The massage has a
stimulating effect and can delay sleep.
- NEVER use this product while in bed.
- This product should NEVER be used by any individual suffering
from any physical ailment that would limit the user’s capacity to
operate the controls or who has sensory deficiencies in the
lower half of their body.
- This unit should not be used by children or invalids without
- This product is not for use in automobiles.
To avoid pinching do not lean on Shiatsu back massage mechanism in the
cushion when adjusting your body position.
Do not jam or force any part of your body in the
moving massage mechanism.
Instructions for Use
To reduce the risk of electrocution, this appliance is equipped with a
polarized plug (one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit in a
polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet,
reverse the plug. It it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to
install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Insert the power cord into a 120 volt AC outlet. To activate the
massage action, press power button once (Figure 1). To activate
soothing heat with the massage, press the power button a second
time. Massage heads will glow red (Figure 2). Allow a few moments for
the heating action to warm up. When finished press the power button
again to turn off the massage and heat function and unplug the pillow.
(The first press of the power button turns the unit on; the second press
turns on the heat function with massage and the third press turns the
The Shiatsu Pillow is very versatile and designed for use on the neck, back
and shoulders (see Figures 3 and 4). However, you may find it works well
for other body areas as well.
NOTE: For the neck and shoulders it may work better to use the pillow
upside down as shown in Figure 5.
NOTE: Only gentle force should be exerted against the unit in order to
eliminate any/all risk of injury. You may soften massage force by placing a towel
between yourself and the unit.
Place massager in its box or in a safe, dry, cool place. Avoid contact
with sharp edges or pointed objects which might cut or puncture the
fabric surface. To avoid breakage, do not wrap the power cord around
the unit. Do not hang the unit by the hand control cord.
Unplug the unit and allow it to cool before cleaning. Spot clean only
with a soft, slightly damp sponge. Never allow water or any other
liquids to come into contact with the unit.
- Do not immerse in any liquid to clean.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, brushes, gasoline, kerosene,
glass / furniture polish or paint thinner to clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the Shiatsu Pillow.
There are no user serviceable parts. For service, send the
unit to the HoMedics address listed in the warranty section.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the
limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC
Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection
against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment
generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause
harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If
this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and
on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or
more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that
to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Note: The manufacturer is not responsible for any radio or TV
interference caused by unauthorized modifications to this equipment.
Such modifications could void the user authority to operate the
TherapistSelect™ Shiatsu Pillow