Taylor Body Fat Analyzer and Scale Manual 13477
How the Body Fat Analyzer and Scale Works:
This instrument uses BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis). BIA is one of the most accurate methods of measuring body fat. It sends a harmless signal through the fat and muscle in your body. This method calculates both your personal weight and body fat simultaneously, thus giving you a more accurate reading of your overall health and fitness.
Why it is Important to Measure Your Body Fat:
Body fat is a vital measure of your overall health and fitness. Research has shown that healthy body fat levels can help reduce your risk of developing serious health related problems, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease and diabetes. In the past, you would have to consult a medical or fitness professional to obtain a measure of your body fat through an expensive and time-consuming process. Today, with Taylor’s Body Fat Analyzer and Scale, simply enter your personal data and step onto the platform.
BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) method determines your body fat percentage by sending a harmless signal through the body. Do not use this product if you have a pacemaker or other internal medical device. When in doubt, contact your physician.
This analyzer will give accurate body fat readings for a majority of people, but is not intended for use by the following groups:
Children: Anyone under the age of 10 years
Athletes: Anyone that does more than 10 hours or more per week of aerobic activity and has a resting heart rate of 60 beats per minute, especially Body Builders and Professional Athletes.
Note: This instrument is a personal monitor and should be used in a consistent manner for the most accurate reading. While readings might vary between this analyzer and other methods of measurement (hydrodensitometry or hand held calipers), your changes in body fat percentage shown by this instrument will be reflected accurately.
While this analyzer will work accurately as a scale for anyone and give accurate body fat readings for a majority of people, it is not intended for use by pregnant women, children under 10, or athletic individuals. (see Caution)
- Uses one 9-Volt alkaline battery (not included).
- Remove Battery Compartment Cover on the bottom of the scale and insert battery into the 9-Volt battery snap.
- The scale needs to be initialized before first use or after battery replacement:
Press lightly on the scale platform. The display will show “OOOO”, then the scale will automatically turn off. Your scale is now ready for use.
- Replace the battery when “Lo” is displayed.
- Remove the battery if the product is not used for a long time.
- Select (lb/in) or (kg/cm) by the slide switch on the bottom of the scale.
Programming Personal Data into Memory
- Before stepping on scale. Press (ON) button to enter BFA mode. The height figure of the previous setting will be displayed on LCD. The height figure will be blinking.
- Input your height. Press (▲)/(▼) button to increase /decrease the displayed height.
Press (MODE) button to confirm displayed height.
- Input your age. The age figure of the previous setting will be displayed on LCD and it will be blinking.
Press (▲)/(▼) button to increase /decrease the displayed age. Press (MODE) button to confirm displayed age.
- Input your gender. The gender icons will be blinking.
Press (▲)/(▼) button to toggle between male and female icons.
Press (MODE) button to confirm all the settings with 1 long beep.
- Select Memory Location – Press the (▲)/(▼) button to select desired memory location (0-9). The memory number blinks. Press “MODE” to store the settings into the desired memory location. A “beep” sounds when the setting is complete. An “M“ icon will be shown on the display.
1. If the selected memory number is already occupied, a ” ” icon will display in the lower right corner, under the memory number.
Personal Data is Now Stored into Memory.
Instructions For Use
Taking Your Body Fat and Weight Reading:
You must have bare feet to make this measurement.
To receive the most consistent reading, use this scale at the same time of day under the same conditions, ie, in the morning before breakfast without clothes as clothes can vary in weight.
To Recall Settings from Memory:
- Press and hold (ON) button for 2 seconds while the power is off. It will now enter recall mode.
- Press (▲)/(▼) button to toggle between memory locations (0-9).
- If the selected memory number is unoccupied, no previous input will be displayed.
- If the selected memory number is occupied, press (MODE) to confirm the desired memory settings with 1 long beep.
- Step on the scale with bare feet. Stand still while the unit measures your weight. The weight will display for 2 seconds. Remain standing on the scale.
- Then it starts to measure body fat %. The measurement pattern will be shown on the display during these measurements.
- The measurements finish with 1 long “beep”. Remain standing on the scale. The bodyfat percentage will be shown on the 1st row of the display and the weight will be shown on the 2nd row. The status bar will show your Body Fat condition.
The “Status Bar” at the bottom of the screen will show your general condition as low/ normal or high.
See “General Information About Body Fat” for recommended body fat levels
To Clear Memory:
- Follow steps 1-3 in To Recall Memory.
- If the selected memory is occupied, press both (▲)/(▼) buttons at the same time to clear the content of the selected Memory.
To Turn Off the Scale:
To turn the scale off, press “ON” key. Or, if no key has been pressed, the unit turns off automatically after 15 seconds.
Body Fat Measuring Operation Without Memory:
- Follow steps1-4 in “Programming Personal Data into Memory” section.
- Step on the scale with bare feet.
Weight Ready Only:
- Step onto the scale; stand still while the scale computes your weight.
Your weight will be shown on the LCD display as shown above.
- The scale turns off by itself after use.
NOTE: Place the Analyzer/Scale on a firm, flat surface to achieve best accuracy.
General Information about Body Fat
- Ideal body fat content is not the same for all people. Age, sex, and height are variables in this measurement. The “Body Fat Display Graph” will show your general condition. Consult your physician to determine what is most ideal for you.
% BODY FAT RANGES FOR MEN
% BODY FAT RANGES FOR WOMEN
† Source: University of Illinois Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition.
Body Fat Percentage Calculator. www.ag.uiuc.edu/~food lab/ai/bfc.html
- It is recommended to measure body fat or weight at the same time period daily.
- Use this product without clothing for best accuracy. Clothes can vary in weight and affect the percentage calculation.
- Feet must be bare and clean. For best readings they should also be slightly moist.
- You must have bare feet when using body fat measurement. To get the most accurate and consistent reading, wipe your feet with a damp cloth, leaving them slightly moist before stepping on scale.
- Display Err0
Initialization error. The user is advised to take the measurement again for an accurate result.
- Display Err1
Wrong usage or body not stable. Be sure feet are centered on the metal electrodes. Repeat measurement again.
- Display Err2
Overload Warning. Remove the weight immediately; otherwise, permanent damage to the scale will occur.
- Display Err3
Body impedance is beyond the technical limit. Clean bottom of feet with a damp cloth, leave slightly moist, and repeat measurement again.
- Display Err4
Body fat percentage is beyond the range (5% to 50%). Clean bottom of feet with a damp cloth, leave slightly moist, and repeat measurement again.
- Display Lo
Replace the battery when “Lo” is displayed.
- The condition of the skin on the bottom of your feet can affect the reading. The natural effects of aging or activity can make this skin hard. Take the reading with clean, slightly moist feet for best accuracy.
Care and Maintenance
- Do not disassemble the scale other than replacing the battery; it contains no user serviceable parts. Damage to the scale may occur as a result of improper handling.
- Remove battery when the scale is not used for a prolonged period of time.
- Clean the scale after use with a lightly dampened cloth. Do not use solvents or immerse the unit in water.
- Avoid excessive impact or vibration to the scale, such as dropping it onto the floor.
The product is intended for home/consumer use only; it is not intended for professional use in hospitals or medical facilities.
Note: If you are having any problems operating this Body Fat Analyzer, please call 800-466-3342, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
- Uses BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) to determine body fat percentage.
- High precision STRAIN GAUGE technology to determine weight.
- Weight Capacity: 330 lb or 150 kg
- Weight Graduation: 0.2 lb or 100 g
- Body Fat Graduation: 0.1%
- Height Range: 3’3.4” – 6’6.7” (100.0 – 199.9 cm)
- Age Range: 10 – 80 years
- Measures both weight and body fat simultaneously in about 10 seconds
- Weight-only feature with automatic step on
- Data can be stored for up to 10 individuals
- User selectable units of measure (lb/in) or (kg/cm)
- Low-battery indicator
- Operates on one 9-Volt alkaline battery (not included)