Instant Vortex Mini 2 Litre Air Fryer
At Instant Brands™ your safety always comes first. The Instant™ Vortex™ family was designed with your safety in mind, and we mean business. Visit instantpot.com.au to learn about this appliance’s safety mechanisms. When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed:
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, SAFEGUARDS, AND WAR NINGS BEFORE OPERATING THE APPLIANCE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFEGUARDS AND INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
- The appliance’s outer surfaces may become hot during use. DO NOT touch hot surfaces. Only use the air fryer basket handle to lift and carry the air fryer basket. Wear proper hand protection when handling hot components. Extreme caution must be used when moving the appliance. Let the appliance cool to room temperature before handling or moving.
- CAUTION To protect against the risk of electrical shock, DO NOT immerse power lead, plug, or the appliance in water or other liquid.
- DO NOT rinse the appliance under tap.
- The cooking chamber contains electrical components. To avoid electrical shock, DO NOT put liquid of any kind into the cooking chamber.
- This appliance is NOT to be used by children or by persons with reduced physical, sensory, or mental capabilities. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used near children and these individuals. Children should not use or play with this appliance.
- Turn off and unplug when not in use, as well as before adding or removing parts or accessories, and before cleaning. To turn off, press Cancel. To unplug, grasp the plug and pull from the socket. NEVER pull from the power lead.
- Avoid making contact with moving parts.
- Inspect the appliance and power lead regularly. DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged lead or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. For assistance, contact the Customer Care Team at [email protected] or 1800 251 643 or 02 9317 1000.
WARNING: Read this manual carefully and completely, and retain for future reference. Failure to adhere to safety instructions may result in serious injury.
- DO NOT use any accessories or attachments not authorised by Instant Brands™ Inc. The use of attachments not recommended by the manufacturer, may cause a risk of injury, fire or electric shock.
- For household countertop use only. Do not use outdoors. Not for commercial use. Not for use in staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments, farm houses, nor by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments such as bed and breakfasts.
- DO NOT place the appliance on any kind of stovetop, or in a heated oven; heat from an external source will damage the appliance.
- DO NOT let power lead contact hot surfaces or open flame, including a stovetop.
- DO NOT use appliance for anything other than intended use.
- Proper maintenance is recommended after each use. Refer to Care, Cleaning & Storage. Let the appliance cool to room temperature before cleaning or storage.
- CAUTION Spilled food can cause serious burns. A short power-supply lead is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from grabbing, entanglement and tripping. Keep appliance and lead away from children. NEVER drape lead over edge of table or counter, NEVER use power socket below counter, and NEVER use with an extension lead.
- DO NOT attempt to repair, replace, alter, or modify components of the appliance. This may cause electric shock, fire and/or injury, and will void the warranty.
- DO NOT tamper with any of the safety mechanisms.
- DO NOT use the appliance in electrical systems other than 220-240V~ 50-60Hz for Australia and New Zealand. DO NOT use with power converters or adapters.
- DO NOT overfill the appliance or accessories. Overfilling may cause food to contact the heating element, which may result in fire and/or personal injury.
- DO NOT cover the cooling vents while the appliance is in operation. Doing so will prevent even cooking and may cause damage to the appliance.
- NEVER pour oil into the cooking chamber. This could result in fire and/or personal injury.
- While cooking, the internal temperature of the appliance reaches several hundred degrees. To avoid personal injury, NEVER place unprotected hands inside the appliance until it has cooled to room temperature.
- When cooking, DO NOT place the appliance against a wall or against other appliances. Leave at least 13 cm of free space on the back, sides, and above the appliance. DO NOT operate the appliance on or near combustible materials such as tablecloths and curtains. DO NOT place anything on top of the appliance.
- When in operation, hot air is released through the cooling vents. Keep your hands and face at a safe distance from the cooling vents and take extreme caution when removing the accessories from the appliance.
- Should the unit emit black smoke, press Cancel and unplug the appliance immediately. Wait for smoking to stop before removing the air fryer basket, then clean the appliance thoroughly.
- DO NOT leave the appliance unattended while in use.
- NEVER connect this appliance to an external timer switch or separate remote-control system.
- Use extreme caution when removing hot accessories from the cooking chamber or disposing of hot grease.
- Oversized foods and/or metal utensils must not be inserted into the cooking chamber as they may cause risk of fire and/or personal injury.
- DO NOT store any materials, other than the included accessories, in the cooking chamber when not in use.
- DO NOT place any combustible materials in the cooking chamber, such as paper, cardboard, plastic, Styrofoam or wood.
- DO NOT use appliance accessories in any other appliance including microwave ovens, toaster ovens, convection or conventional ovens, ceramic, electric, induction or gas hobs, or outdoor grills.
- CAUTION Use extreme caution when moving an appliance containing hot oil or other hot liquids.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
To avoid injury, read and understand instruction manual before using this appliance.
Electrical shock hazard. Use grounded socket only.
- DO NOT remove ground.
- DO NOT use an adapter.
- DO NOT use an extension lead.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in electric shock and/or serious injury.
THE FAILURE TO FOLLOW ANY OF THE IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS AND/OR THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SAFE USE IS A MISUSE OF YOUR APPLIANCE THAT CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND CREATE THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY.
Special Cord Set Instructions
As per CE safety requirements, a short power supply cord is provided to reduce the hazards resulting from grabbing, entanglement and tripping. This appliance has a 3-prong grounding plug. To reduce the risk of electric shock, plug the power cord into a grounded (earthed) electrical outlet that is easily accessible.
Find Your Model Name and Serial Number
Find both of these on the rating label on the bottom of the airfryer.
Product, Parts and Accessories
Before using your cute new air fryer, make sure that everything is present and accounted for.
“Notice the small things. The rewards are inversely proportional.” – Liz Vassey.
- Pull that Instant™ Vortex™ Mini Air Fryer out of the box!
- Remove the air fryer basket and check the cooking chamber for loose packing material before first use. Don’t remove the silicone supports from the removable cooking tray.
- You may be tempted to put the air fryer on your stovetop — but don’t do it! Place it on a stable, level surface, away from combustible material and external heat sources. Do not place your air fryer on top of another appliance. Make sure to leave at least 13 cm of space above and around all sides of the appliance.
- Follow the Care, Cleaning & Storage instructions to wash your new air fryer before using it. Don’t remove the safety warning stickers or the rating label from the air fryer.
- Read the Important Safeguards before using the appliance. Failure to read and follow those instructions for safe use may result in damage to the appliance, property damage or personal injury.
- Do not place the appliance on a stovetop, on another appliance, or in a heated oven. Heat from an external source will damage the appliance.
- To avoid the risk of fire, property damage, and/or personal injury, do not place anything on top of the appliance, and do not block the air vents.
Initial Test Run
Do you have to do the test run? No — but getting to know the ins and outs of your Instant™ Vortex™ Mini Air Fryer prepares you for success in the kitchen! Take a few minutes to get to know how this little baby works.
Stage 1: Setting up the air fryer for cooking
- Connect the power cord to a 220-240V power source. The air fryer is in standby mode and the display shows OFF.
- Remove the air fryer basket from the cooking chamber.
- Place the cooking tray on the bottom of the air fryer basket (if it is not already installed).
- Insert the air fryer basket back into the cooking chamber.
- Touch Air Fry.
- Touch Time, then turn the dial to adjust the cook time to 20 minutes (00:20). Each Smart Program automatically saves the adjustments you make to the time and temperature when you touch Start.
- Touch Start to begin!
The display shows On and the cooking status shows Preheat. The first few times you use your air fryer, you may notice a strong plastic smell. This is normal, non-toxic, and goes away quickly.
Stage 2: “Cooking” (…but not really, this is just a test!)
- When the air fryer is hot enough, the display shows Add Food. For this initial test, do not add food to the air fryer basket. Carefully remove and re-insert the air fryer basket. The displayalternates between the cooking time and temperature, and the cooking status shows Cook.
- Part way through cooking, the display shows turn Food. Wait 10 seconds for the program to resume automatically, or, remove and re-insert the air fryer basket to pause and resume the program manually.
- When 1 minute remains, the display counts down the remaining cooking time in seconds. When the Smart Program completes, the display shows End and the fan blows for a little while to help cool the air fryer.
- Press the dial or remove and re-insert the air fryer basket to return to standby mode and start cooking for real! If you forget this last step, the air fryer will beep to remind you about it after 5, 30, and 60 minutes.
CAUTION: The air fryer and air fryer basket will be hot during and after cooking. To avoid the risk of burn injury, DO NOT touch hot surfaces. Allow the air fryer to cool to room temperature, then clean the appliance according to Care, Cleaning & Storage instructions.
|1||Time/Temperature Display||Shows the cooking time, the set temperature, reminder messages and error messages.|
|2||Time||Touch Time and turn the dial if you want to adjust the cooking time.|
|3||Temp||Touch Temp and turn the dial if you want to adjust the cooking temperature.|
|4||Cooking Status||Preheat, Cook and Turn.|
|5||Smart Programs||• Air Fry
|6||Dial||Rotate to adjust cooking times and temperatures. Press to wake the display.|
|7||Start||Touch Start to begin a selected smart program.|
|8||Cancel||Touch Cancel to stop a smart program at any time and go back to standby.|
Find full instructions for use online at instantpot.com.au
|To do this…||Do this!|
|Wake the air fryer||Touch the display, press the dial, or remove and re-insert the air fryer basket to wake the air fryer. The display shows OFF to let you know that it’s in standby mode and ready for action.|
|Turn sounds on and off||In standby mode, touch and hold both the Time and Temp for 3 seconds. The display shows S On when the sound is on, and SOFF when the sound is off.
Error alerts cannot be silenced.
|Change temperature scale (ºC or ºF)||In standby mode, touch and hold the Temp key for 5 seconds to toggle between °C and °F.|
|Save a custom cooking time||Select a smart program, then touch Time and use the dial to adjust the time as you like. Press the dial or touch Start to save the change.|
|Save a custom cooking temperature||Select a smart program, then touch Temp and use the dial to adjust the temperature as you like. Press the dial or touch Start to save the change.|
|Reset an individual smart program||In standby mode, touch and hold the smart program key you want to reset (for example:
Air Fry) for 3 seconds. The cooking time and temperature for that Smart Program are restored to the factory default settings.
|Reset all smart programs||In standby mode, press and hold the dial for 3 seconds. The cooking times and temperatures for all Smart Programs are restored to the factory default settings.|
|OFF||The air fryer is in standby mode.|
|ON||A smart program is in the Preheat stage. Not applicable to Reheat.|
|ADD Food||This message appears to let you know that the air fryer
has reached the perfect cooking temperature and food can be added to the air fryer basket (if it hasn’t been already). Not applicable to Reheat.
|OPEN||May indicate that the air fryer basket has been removed or is not fully inserted.|
|05:20||The display alternates between showing the cooking time, the temperature, and on-screen messages.|
|Turn Food||Food is ready to be turned or tossed, as recommended by your recipe. Not applicable to Bake or Reheat.|
|END||The Smart Program has finished.|
Cooking in the Instant™ Vortex™ Mini Air Fryer is quick and easy — food goes in, crispy deliciousness comes out! Find full instructions for use and cooking time tables online at instantpot.com.au or download the free Instant Pot app for fun, easy to follow recipes.
Air Fry, Roast, Bake and Reheat
These programs give your meals all the rich, crispy flavor of deep frying with little to no oil, so you can say, “See ya!” to the greasy mess and extra calories! The presets are a starting point that you can experiment with to get the results you like best.
|Smart Program||Default Time||Time Range||Default Temperature||Temperature Range|
|Air Fry||12 minutes
|1 minute to 1 hour
(00:01 to 01:00)
|205°C||82 to 205°C|
|1 minute to 1 hour
(00:01 to 01:00)
|193°C||82 to 205°C|
|1 minute to 1 hour
(00:01 to 01:00)
|166°C||82 to 205°C|
|1 minute to 1 hour
(00:01 to 01:00)
|138°C||49 to 182°C|
- To avoid the risk of fire, property damage and personal injury, DO NOT spray cooking oil into the cooking chamber.
- The air fryer and air frying accessories will be hot during and after cooking. Do not touch hot surfaces with unprotected hands. Always use proper hand protection and exercise extreme caution when adding or removing food from the hot cooking chamber. Allow all items to cool to room temperature, then clean them according to Care, Cleaning & Storage instructions.
- To avoid a burn injury, always use proper hand protection and exercise extreme caution when adding or removing food from the hot cooking chamber.
Care, Cleaning and Storage
Clean your air fryer and accessories after each use. Always unplug the air fryer and let it cool to room temperature before cleaning. Never use harsh chemical detergents, scouring pads, or powders on any of the parts or components. Let all surfaces dry thoroughly before use, and before storage.
|Part or Accessory||Cleaning Method and Notes|
|Air Fryer Basket||• Clean the air fryer basket with a sponge or cloth and warm water and dish soap, then rinse well. Ensure that all grease and food debris are removed.
• DO NOT immerse the basket in water or any other liquid.
• DO NOT machine wash the basket.
|Cooking Tray||• Clean the cooking tray with a cloth or sponge and warm water and dish soap.
• The cooking tray has non-stick coating. To avoid damage to the non-stick coating, DO NOT use metal cleaning utensils.
|Cooking Chamber||• Clean the cooking chamber with a sponge or soft cloth and warm water and dish soap.
• To remove baked-on grease and food residue from cooking chamber, spray with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and wipe clean with damp cloth.
• For stubborn stains, allow the mixture to sit on the affected area for several minutes before scrubbing clean.
• Check the heating coil for oil spatter and food debris. Clean the heating coil with a damp cloth as needed. Ensure the heating coil is completely dry before next use.
|Exterior||• Clean with a soft, damp cloth or sponge and wipe dry.|
Any other servicing must be performed by an authorised representative. For Troubleshooting tips, visit instantpot.com.au or contact Customer Support at [email protected].
To avoid risk of electrical shock and personal injury:
- Do not immerse the appliance in water.
- Do not rinse the appliance under a tap.
- Do not wet prongs of the power cord.
Without proper cleaning, food and grease splatter may build up around the heating element, causing the risk of smoke, fire, and personal injury. If you see or smell smoke, touch Cancel, unplug the appliance, and allow it to cool. Remove food splatter or grease with a soft cloth and dish detergent.
This Limited Warranty is issued by Corelle Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd (Corelle Brands Australia) and is effective for one year from the date of original consumer purchase. Proof of original purchase date and return of your appliance is required to obtain service under this Limited. Return of your appliance to us will be done in accordance with our instructions only. Provided that this appliance is
operated and maintained in accordance with written operating instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance or published operating instructions on www.instantpot.com.au, Corelle Brands Australia will, in its sole and exclusive discretion, either: (i) repair defects in materials or workmanship; or (ii) replace the appliance. In the event that your appliance is replaced, the Limited Warranty
on the replacement appliance will expire 12 months from the date of original consumer purchase. We remind you the appliance you purchased is for personal use only (not commercial use). Any modification/alteration or attempted modification/alteration to your appliance will void this Limited Warranty, unless such modification/alteration or attempted modification/alteration was expressly authorized by a Corelle Brands Australia Representative in writing.
This Limited Warranty only covers Corelle Brands Australia’s appliances/products and is not extended to any other appliances, products, equipment, components, or devices that you use or may use in conjunction with the Corelle Brands Australia’s appliances.
To claim under this Limited Warranty:
- Contact Corelle Brands Australia at: 9C Commercial Road, Kingsgrove, NSW, 2208 Email: [email protected]
- Provide a description of the appliance you believe has malfunctioned due to defective parts or workmanship.
- If it is necessary for the appliance to be sent to Corelle Brands Australia for repair or replacement, Corelle Brands Australia will send you a pre-paid shipping label and you must send the appliance and your dated sales receipt to Corelle Brands Australia along with the appliance. If you do not have your dated sales receipt, please advise Corelle Brands Australia in advance, and Corelle Brands Australia will attempt to verify your purchase.
- If Corelle Brands Australia determines that the appliance has malfunctioned due to defective parts or workmanship, and is covered under this Limited Warranty, Corelle Brands Australia will repair and return the appliance, or send you a replacement appliance, at Corelle Brands Australia’s cost.
- Any repaired or replaced appliance will be covered by this Limited Warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days following your receipt of the replacement or repaired appliance, whichever is greater.
- If Corelle Brands Australia confirms the appliance has not malfunctioned due to defective parts or workmanship, and/or is in working order, or if proof of purchase is not verified, Corelle Brands Australia reserves the right to return the appliance to you at your pre-paid cost. If this cost is not met, Corelle Brands Australia reserves the right to dispose of the appliance after 45 days’ notice to you.
Limitation and Exclusions
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the maximum liability of Corelle Brands Australia, if any, for any allegedly defective appliance or part shall in no circumstances exceed the purchase price of a comparable replacement appliance or part of the same age.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Damage resulting from accident, modification/alteration (unless expressly authorized by a Corelle Brands Australia Representative in writing), misuse, abuse, neglect, unreasonable use, use contrary to the written operating instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance or published operating instructions on www.instantpot.com.au, normal wear and tear, commercial use, improper assembly by you or anyone, disassembly by you or anyone, repair by you or anyone, failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, force majeure event including but not limited to fire, flood, acts of God;
- Repairs where your appliance is used for other than normal, personal use or when it is used in a manner that is contrary to the written operating instructions attached to or furnished with the appliance or published operating instructions on www.instantpot.com.au ; or
- Use of unauthorized parts and accessories, or repairs to parts and systems resulting from unauthorized repairs or modifications/alterations made to your appliance. The cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by you. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Distributed by Corelle Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd. 9c Commercial Road, Kingsgrove, NSW, 2208. 1800 251 643 or (02) 9317 1000.
Email: [email protected]
©2021 Corelle Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd. Distributed by Corelle Brands (Australia) Pty Ltd. 9c Commercial Road, Kingsgrove, NSW, 2208, Australia
Register your product today at: instantpot.com.au/support/register
Contact Customer Care: Ph 1800 251 643 or 02 9317 1000