This JAM Earbuds [HX-EP410] User Manual is a great resource for anyone looking to learn more about the product. This guide contains detailed information on how to install and use the earbuds. It also includes troubleshooting steps in case you experience any difficulties while using them.
Sections in this Manual
- Charging Your Earbuds
- Connect Both Earbuds
- Connect 1 Earbud
- Turning Off Your Earbuds
- Using Your Portable Charging Case
- Led Indicators
- Legal Information
- Important Safety Instructions
Charging Your Earbuds
To charge your earbuds, place them into the portable case. The red LEDs show that they are charging. If the red LEDs do not appear when placed in the case, adjust the earbuds to make sure they are in line with the charging contacts. When fully charged, the LEDs will shut off.
Charging Your Portable Case
Plug the small end of the micro USB cable into the micro USB port, located on the back of the case. The LED on the case will show solid red when charging. When the portable case is fully charged, the LED lights will turn off.
Connect Both Earbuds
Step 1 – Turning On The Earbuds
Step 2 – Connecting The Earbuds To Each Other
When you take the earbuds out of their case, they will automatically sync to each other. The master earbud (left) LED will flash blue and red alternatively, while the slave earbud (right) LED will slow flash blue. Your earbuds are now in pairing mode and searching for a Bluetooth® device to connect to. If your earbuds don’t sync to each other automatically, double press the “play/pause” button on both earbuds at the same time. This will put your earbuds into sync mode. Once connected, the left earbud LED will flash blue and red alternatively, while the right earbud LED will slow flash blue. Your earbuds are now in pairing mode and searching for a Bluetooth® device to connect to.
Step 3 – Connecting To A Device
Enable Bluetooth® on your device. From the Bluetooth® menu, select “Jam Live Loud” When The device and Live Loud are connected, you will hear a tone and the LEDs will slow flash blue. This means pairing is complete.
Connect 1 Earbud
Connect the left earbud for mono sound. This is a great option if you want to hear your surroundings as well as your music.
Step 1 – Turning On The Earbud
Your earbud will automatically turn on when taken out of the portable charging case. If you need to turn it on manually, you can press and hold the play/pause button on both earbuds for 3 seconds.
Step 2 – Pairing Mode
The earbud automatically turns on and enters pairing mode when removed from the charging case. The LED will flash red and blue on the left earbud and a blue LED will slow flash on the right earbud when pairing. Earbuds will power off after 6 minutes if not paired.
Step 3 – Connecting To A Device
Enable Bluetooth® on your device. From the Bluetooth® menu, select “JAM Live Loud.” When the device and JAM Live Loud are connected, you will hear a tone and the LEDs will slow flash blue. This means pairing is complete.
Turning Off Your Earbuds
To turn off your earbuds, place the earbuds back in your case, or press and hold the “play/pause” button on the earbuds for 3 seconds.
Using Your Portable Charging Case
With a full charge, your portable case can recharge your earbuds up to 3 times, giving you 12 hours total of listening time.
Earbuds In Charging Case
- Solid red: Charging
- LED off: Charging complete
Portable Charging Case
- Solid red: Charging
- LED off: Charging complete
Earbuds In Use
- Left earbud (master) flash blue and red alternatively, right earbud (slave) slow flash blue: Earbuds in pairing mode
- Slow flash blue: Paired with a device
Earbud In Mono Use
- Flashing red/blue: Left earbud in pairing mode
- Slow flash blue: Left earbud paired with a device
- Turn off Bluetooth® on your device.
- Take earbuds out of your case.
- Press and hold “play/pause” button for 3 seconds on both earbuds to turn them off.
- Press and hold “play/pause” button on both earbuds for 3 seconds to turn them on.
- Earbuds should automatically go into sync mode once they are powered on. The master earbud (left) LED will flash blue and red alternatively, while the slave earbud (right) LED will slow flash blue. If they do not automatically go into sync mode, quickly press the play/ pause button on the left earbud five times to erase the Bluetooth® settings and put the earbuds into sync mode.
- Turn on Bluetooth® on your device.
- Pair to “Jam Live Loud”
- Earbuds not disconnecting from your device? The Live Loud earbuds may automatically connect to your device if put in a charging case that has no battery left. For the best experience, periodically charge the case to ensure that it always has battery life.
- Play/Pause: Press either play/pause button once
- Forward Track: Quickly double press the play/ pause button on right earbud twice
- Backward Track: Quickly double press the play/ pause button on left earbud twice
- Pick up a call: Press either play/pause button once
- Decline a call: Press and hold either play/ pause button for 2 seconds
- End a call: Press either play/pause button once
- Take a second incoming call: Press either play/pause button once
- Decline a second incoming call: Quickly press either play/ pause button twice
- Swap between two calls: Press either play/pause button twice
NOTE: Phone calls, FaceTime, and Siri are heard only through 1 earbud (mono). If using your earbuds in stereo, they will automatically switch to mono once a call is accepted or Siri is activated.
- Activate Siri/Google Assist: Quickly triple-press either play/pause button
- Check battery level of earbuds: Look at smartphone
- Turn off earbud: Press and hold play/pause button for 3 seconds
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. Any changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the
FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause harmful interference, and
- This device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC RF Exposure Statement:
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
This device complies with Innovation, Science, and Economic
Development Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- This device may not cause interference, and
- This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
ISEDC RF Exposure Statement:
The device is in compliance with RF exposure guidelines; users can obtain Canadian information on RF exposure and compliance. 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY – US & CANADA WARRANTY – US & CANADA JAM warrants this product free from defect in material and workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse, accident, the attachment of any unauthorized accessory, alteration to the product, or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of JAM. For detailed Warranty instructions and information, visit: www. jamaudio.com/customer-support/warranty-1yr. To obtain warranty service on your JAM product, contact a Consumer Relations representative by the telephone number or email address for your country of residence. Please make sure to have the model number of the product available.
For service in the USA
8:30am–7:00pm EST M–F
For service in Canada
8:30am–5:00pm EST M–F
WARRANTY – UK & EUROPE
JAM warrants this product free from defect in material and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse, accident, the attachment of any unauthorised accessory, alteration to the product, or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of JAM. Distributed in the EU by FKA Brands Ltd,
Somerhill Business Park, Tonbridge, TN11 0GP, UK.
Tel: 020 3538 0768
WARRANTY – AUSTRALIA (1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY)
We or Us means HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd ACN 31 103 985 717 and our contact details are set out at the end of this warranty; You means the purchaser or the original end-user of the Goods. You may be a domestic user or a professional user; Supplier means the authorized distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia and New Zealand; and Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under The Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This is not a complete statement of your legal rights as a consumer.
For New Zealand:
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. This guarantee applies in addition to the conditions and guarantees implied by that
legislation. The Warranty Jam sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship under normal use and service. In the unlikely event that your Jam product proves to be faulty within 1 year from the date of purchase due to workmanship or materials only, we will replace it at our own expense, subject to the terms and conditions of this guarantee. The warranty period is limited to 3 months from the date of purchase for products used commercially/professionally.
Terms and Conditions:
In addition to the rights and remedies that you have under the Australian Consumer Law, Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand or any other applicable law and without excluding such
rights and remedies warranty against defects:
- The Goods are designed to withstand the rigors of normal
household use and are manufactured to the highest standards
using the highest quality components. Whilst unlikely, if, during the first 12 months (3 months commercial use) from their date of purchase from the Supplier (Warranty Period), the Goods prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials and none of your statutory rights or remedies apply, we will replace the Goods, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
- We do not have to replace the Goods under this Additional
Warranty if the Goods have been damaged due to misuse or abuse, accident, the attachment of any unauthorized accessory,
alteration to the product, improper installation, unauthorized
repairs or modifications, improper use of electrical/power supply, loss of power, malfunction, or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, transportation damage, theft, neglect, vandalism, environmental conditions, or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of Jam.
- This Warranty does not extend to the purchase of used, repaired, or secondhand products, or to products not imported or supplied by HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd, including but not limited to those sold on offshore internet auction sites.
- This Warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Suppliers.
- Even when we do not have to replace the Goods, we may decide to do so anyway. In some cases, we may decide to substitute the Goods with a similar alternative product of our choosing. All such decisions are at our absolute discretion.
- All such replaced or substituted Goods continue to receive the benefit of this Additional Warranty for the time remaining on the original Warranty Period (or 3 months, whichever is the longest).
- This Additional Warranty does not cover items damaged by normal wear and tear, including but not limited to chips, scratches, abrasions, discolouration, and other minor defects, where the damage has negligible effect on the operation or performance of the Goods.
- This Additional Warranty is limited to replacement or substitution only. As far as the law permits, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to property or persons arising from any cause whatsoever, and shall have no liability for any incidental, consequential, or special damages.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia and
Making a Claim:
In order to claim under this Warranty, you must return the Goods to the Supplier (place of purchase) for replacement. If this is not possible, please contact our Consumer Relations department by email () or at the address below.
- All returned Goods must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of purchase that clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, and identifies the product. It is best to provide an original, legible, and unmodified receipt or sales invoice.
- You must bear any expense for return of the Goods or otherwise associated with making your claim under this Additional Warranty. Distributed in Australia by HOMEDICS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, 14 Kingsley Close, Rowville, Victoria 3178. Distributed in New Zealand by Phoenix Distribution NZ Ltd, 7B Orbit Drive, Albany / North
Shore 0757, Auckland, New Zealand.
For service in Australia
8:30am–5:00pm AEST M–F www.jam-audio.com.au
Important Safety Instructions
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
WARNING: Do not place speakers too close to ears. May cause damage to ear drums, especially in young children.
- Use this product only for its intended purpose as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Jam.
- Jam is not liable for any damage caused to smartphones, iPod/MP3 players, or any other devices.
- Do not place or store this product where it can fall or be dropped into a tub or sink without shutting waterproof doors.
- Do not place or drop into water or any other liquid without shutting waterproof doors.
- Not for use by children. THIS IS NOT A TOY.
- Never operate this product if it has a damaged cord, plug, cable, or housing.
- Keep away from heated surfaces.
- Only set on dry surface. Do not place on surface wet from water or cleaning solvents if waterproof doors are open.
WARNING: This product has an internal, nonreplaceable lithium battery. Please dispose in accordance with your local, state, province, and country guidelines. Batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine, fire, or the like.
Your speaker includes a rechargeable battery designed to last the lifetime of the product. In the unlikely event that you should require a replacement battery, please contact Consumer Relations, which will supply details of the warranty and out-of-warranty replacement battery service. This product contains small parts that may present a choking hazard for young children.