JETSON Bolt Pro Electric Folding Bike User Guide
- Before use, please read the user manual and safety warnings carefully , and make sure you understand and accept all the safety instructions . The user will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by improper use.
- Before each cycle of operation , the operator shall perform the preparation checks specified by the manufacturer : That all guards and pads originally supplied by the manufacturer are in proper place and in serviceable condition ; That the braking system is functioning properly; That any and all axle guards, chain guards, or other covers or guards supplied by the manufacturer are in place and in serviceable concertation; That tires are in good condition, inflated properly, and have sufficient tread remaining; The area that the product is to be operated should be safe and suitable for safe operation.
- components shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and using only the manufacturer’s authorized replacement parts with installation performed by dealers or other skilled persons.
- Don’t allow hands, feet , hair, body parts , clothing, or similar articles to come in contact with moving parts, wheels, or drive train , while the motor is running.
- This product should not be used by children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they hove been given supervision or instruction (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- unsupervised children should not play with the product (IEC 60335-1/A2:2006).
- Adult supervision is required.
- The rider should not exceed 265 lb.
- Never use near motor vehicle.
- Units shall not be operated to perform racing, stunt riding, or other maneuvers, which may cause loss of control, or may cause uncontrolled operator/passenger actions or reactions.
- Avoid sharp bun1)S, drainage grates, and sudden surface changes. Scooter may suddenly stop.
- Avoid streets and surfaces with water, sand, gravel, dirt, leaves, and other debris . Wet weather impairs traction, braking, and visibility.
- Avoid riding around flammable gas , steam, liquid, or dust that could cause fire .
- Operators shall adhere to all of the manufacturer’s recommendations and instructions, as well as comply with all laws and ordinances: Units without headlights shall be operated only with adequate daylight conditions of visibility , and ; Owners shall be encouraged to highlight (for conspicuity) using lighting, reflectors , and for low-riding units , signal flags on flexible poles .
- Do not ride at night.
- Only ride the product with adequate daylight conditions for visibility.
- Persons with the following conditions shall be cautioned not to operate : Those with heart conditions; Pregnant women ; Persons with head , back, or neck ailments, or prior surgeries to those areas of the body ; and persons with any mental or physical conditions that may make them susceptible to injury or impair their physical dexterity or mental capabilities to recognize, understand, and perform all of the safety instructions and to be able to assume the hazards inherent in unit use .
- Do not ride after drinking or taking prescription medication.
- Do not carry items when riding.
- Never operate the product barefooted.
- Always wear shoes and keep shoelaces tied .
- Make sure your feet are always placed securely on the deck .
- Operators always shall use appropriate protective clothing, including but not limited to a helmet, with appropriate certification, and any other equipment recommended by the manufacturer : Always wear protective equipment such as helmet , knee pads , and elbow pads.
- Always give way to pedestrians.
- Be alert to things in front and far away from you.
- Do not allow distractions when riding, such as answering the phone or engaging in any other activities.
- The product cannot be ridden by more than one person.
- When you ride the product along with other riders, always keep a safe distance to avoid a collision.
- When turning, be sure to maintain your balance.
- Riding with improperly adjusted brakes is dangerous and can result in serious injury or death.
- Applying brakes too hard or too suddenly can lock up a wheel, which could cause you to lose control and fall. Sudden or excessive application of the brake may result in injury or death .
- The brake may became hot while operating, do not touch the brake with your bare skin.
- If the brake loosens, please adjust with the hexagon wrench, or please contact Jetson Customer Support.
- Replace worn or broken parts immediately.
- The area that the product is to be operated should be safe and suitable for safe operation.
- Check whether all safety labels are in place and understood before riding.
- The owner shall allow the use and operation of the unit after a demonstration that such operators can understand and operate all components of the unit before use.
- Recommended for indoor use.
- Use caution when charging. Do not operate charger near flammable materials. Unplug charger and disconnect from scooter when not in use.
- When the battery is fully charged, stop charging and unplug the unit.
- Prolonged exposure to UV rays, rain and the elements may damage the enclosure materials, store indoors when not in use.
California Proposition 65
This product can expose you to a chemical such as Cadmium that is known to the state of California to cause cancer or bi rth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca. gov/product
NOTICE OF COMPLIANCE
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference , and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
WARNING: Changes or modifications to this unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
NOTE: This equipment hos been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which con be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- connect the equipment into on outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or on experienced radio/ TV technician for help.
Shielded cables must be used with this unit to ensure compliance with the Class B FCC limits.
Do not attempt to disassemble , modify, repair , or replace the product or any components of the unit without instruction from Jetson Customer Support . This will void any warranty, and can lead to malfunctions which may cause injury.
ADDITIONAL OPERATION CAUTIONS
Do not lift the product off the ground while it is on and the wheels are in motion . This can result in freely spinning wheels, which may cause injury to yourself or others nearby . Do not jump on or off the product, and do not jump while using it . Always keep your feet firmly planted on the mat sensors while in operation . Always check the battery charge before using.
For all maintenance repairs and needs beyond the capability of the consumer which may include but not limited to such as proper maintenance of brakes , control cables, bearing adjustments, wheel adjustments, lubrication, reflectors, tires and handlebar and seat adjustments, please contact Jetson Customer Support for assistance at:
support . ridejetson.com
us & Canada 1-(888) 976-9904
UK +44 (0)33 0838 2551
Spain/Portugal +34 952 179 479
Hours of Operation: 7 days a week 10am-6pm EST
DISPOSAL OF USED BATTERY
Battery may contain hazardous substances which could endanger the environment and human health . This symbol marked on the battery and/or packaging indicates that used battery shall not be treated as municipal waste . Batteries should be disposed of at an appropriate collection point for recycling. By ensuring the used batteries are disposed of correctly , you will help preventing potential negative consequences for the environment and human health . The recycling of materials will help to conserve natural resources . For more information about recycling of used batteries, please contact your local municipality waste disposal service
Remember to be safe and most importantly, have fun!
• Adults must assist children in the initial adjustment procedures of the product .
What’s in the Box
1. Front Tire
3. Stem Quick Release
4. Front Reflector
6. carrying Handle
8. Rear Reflector
9. Seat Clomp
10. Fog Light
11. Rear Fender
12. Rear Tire
14 . Pedal
15 . Front Fender
16. Charging Coble
Tools needed but not included: Screw Driver, Ratchet + Socket
CAUTION : Before operating the Bolt Pro please tighten all screws, nuts , and bolts .
Specs and Features
• Folded Dimensions: 46. 5″ x 19.3″ x 23″
• Unfolded Dimensions: 46.5″ x 19 .3″ x 38. 6″
• Weight Limit: 265 lb
• Product Weight: 41 lb
• Recommended Age : 12+
• Tire Size: 14 in
• Speed: Up to 15 .5 mph
• Pedal Assist Range: Up to 30 miles
• Twist Throttle Range: Up to 15 miles
• Battery: 36V, 6. 0Ah Lithium-Ion
• Motor : 350W Hub Motor
• Charge Time: Up To 4 Hours
• Climbing Angle: Up To 15°
Correct Frame Size
For safe and comfortable riding there should be a clearance of 22 inches from ground to the crotch of the intended rider . Also, at least 1-3 inches between the crotch and the top tube of the bicycle frame, while the rider straddles the bicycle with both feed flat on the ground. Women can use a men’s style bicycle to determine the correct size women’s model.
Attaching the seat
Insert Seat Post in to Seat Tube. Slide Seat into Stem Tube.
Turn the Knob clockwise to tighten Seat Clamp . Close the Seat Clamp
Attaching the Pedals
Find Pedal Markings L & R. Hand tighten the pedals to the crank arms, then securely tighten with a 15mm Wrench.
* Note: the Left Pedal is reverse threaded , turn Counter Clockwise to tighten.
Attaching the Fender
Remove Bolt and Nut from the frame . Run the Bolt through the Fender and frame , and secure using the Nut.
Unfolding the Handlebar
Operating the Bolt Pro
Power Button: Turns the Bolt Pro on and off .
Cruise Control/ Head Light Button:
• Press once to activate Cruise Control
• Hold button for 4 seconds to turn light on/off
4 Lights: 76-100% Power
3 Lights: 51-75% Power
2 Lights: 26-50% Power
1 Light: 1-25% Power (Please charge the Bolt Pro immediately!)
Care and Maintenance
The maximum range is 15 miles using the Twist Throttle and 30 miles using Pedal Assist. However, o lot of factors will affect how for you con go per charge:
• Riding Surface: A smooth, flat surface will increase riding distance .
• Weight: More weight means less distance.
• Temperature: Ride and store the Bolt Pro above 10°c I 50°F.
• Maintenance: Timely battery charging will increase riding distance.
• Speed and Riding Style: Frequent starting and stopping will reduce riding distance.
Cleaning The Bolt Pro
To clean the Bolt Pro, carefully wipe with o damp cloth , then dry with o dry cloth. Do not use water to clean the Bolt Pro, as the electrical and electronic systems may get wet, resulting in personal injury or malfunction of the Bolt Pro.
• Keep the Bolt Pro away from fire and excessive heat.
• Do not subject the Bolt Pro to intense physical shock, severe vibration, or impact.
• Protect from water or moisture.
• Do not disassemble the Bolt Pro or its battery .
• If there ore any issues with the battery, please contact Jetson Customer Support. We ‘d love to help!
• Fully charge the battery before storing.
• The battery should be fully charged once o month after this.
• To protect against dust, cover the Bolt Pro.
• Store the Bolt Pro indoors, in o dry place and at o suitable temperature .
• You should bring the Bolt Pro into o worm (above 10°c / 50°F} environment for charging.
Enjoying your product?
Leave a review an ridejetsan.com or share your photos with us online using the #RideJetson hashtag!