Keurig ® K- Cup ® K130 Brewer
ENGINEERED FOR CONTINUOUS USE
SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MAKER
When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles and knobs when available.
- This appliance must be properly installed and located in accordance with these instructions before it is used.
- The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may result in fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
- Do not use outdoors.
- To protect against fire, electric shock, and injury do not immerse cords, plugs, or the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Do not overfill the Water Tank with water.
- Use only water in this appliance! Do not put any other liquids or foods in the Water Tank except as instructed in the Cleaning Instructions in this guide.
- Turn off and unplug the brewer before cleaning or maintenance. Allow cooling before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
- For best operation, plug the appliance into its own electrical outlet on a dedicated circuit to prevent flickering of lights, blowing of fuses, or tripping a circuit breaker.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or is damaged in any manner. Contact Keurig Customer Service or Keurig Authorized Distributor (KAD) to report any malfunction or damage to the brewer.
- Do not let the cord hang over the edge of the table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- To disconnect, press the Power Button on the right front of the brewer to “OFF” status and then remove the plug from the wall outlet.
- Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
- Do not press the PRESS Button while brewing is in progress.
- This appliance is equipped with a power cord having a grounding wire with a grounding plug. The appliance must be grounded using a 3-hole properly grounded outlet. In the event of an electrical short circuit, grounding reduces the risk of electrical shock.
- If the outlet is a standard 2-prong wall outlet, it is your personal responsibility and obligation to have it replaced with a properly grounded 3-prong wall outlet.
- Do not, under any circumstances, cut or remove the third (ground) prong from the Power Cord or use an adapter.
- Consult a qualified electrician if the grounding instructions are not completely understood, or if doubt exists as to whether the appliance is properly grounded.
- Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
WARNING TO USERS AND PARENTS
- DO NOT permit children to use brewer unless there is adult supervision. Brewer dispenses very hot water.
- This brewer IS NOT designed for use with Keurig® My K-Cup®
Reusable Coffee Filter accessory or any other brand reusable coffee filter.
- SPECIAL NOTICE FOR HOT COCOA USERS: IMMEDIATELY AFTER USING A HOT COCOA K-CUP ® POD, RUN a Hot Water Brew Cycle without a K-Cup ® pod to avoid the possibility of clogging the Exit Needle. DO NOT assume the next user will do this.
CAUTION: There are two sharp needles that puncture the K-Cup ® pod, one above the K-Cup ® Pod Holder and the other at the bottom of the K-Cup ® Pod Holder. To avoid the risk of injury, do not put your fingers in the K-Cup ® Pod Assembly Housing.
CAUTION: There is extremely hot water in the K-Cup ® Pod Holder during the brewing process. To avoid the risk of injury, do not lift the Handle or open the K-Cup ® Pod Assembly Housing during the brewing process.
CAUTION: Please always keep the brewer in its upright position to avoid potential injury and/or damage to your brewer.
SHORT CORD INSTRUCTIONS: A short power-supply cord is provided to reduce the risk of becoming entangled in or tripping over a longer cord.
If an extension cord is used, (1) the marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance; (2) the cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over unintentionally; and (3) the extension cord must include a 3-prong grounding plug.
THIS PRODUCT IS FOR COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE THE BOTTOM COVER. NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS ARE INSIDE. REPAIR SHOULD BE DONE BY AUTHORIZED SERVICE PERSONNEL ONLY.
Record your Brewer Serial Number here.
See unpacking instructions on page 4 for serial number location.
Removing the serial number label from the brewer will void the warranty.
- Plug Power Cord into an Independent, Grounded Outlet — If the electric circuit is overloaded with other appliances, your brewer may not function properly.
- Initial Cleansing Brew — Before you make your first beverage, perform an initial cleansing brew without inserting a K-Cup ® pod.
- One Cup at a Time — Your new brewer makes one fresh beverage at a time. You will need to add fresh water each time you brew. Unlike other Keurig ® brewers, the K130 does not store water in the reservoir.
- For the best tasting gourmet coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or other beverage, Keurig recommends using bottled or filtered water — Water quality varies from place to place. If you notice an undesirable taste in your cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or other beverage (such as chlorine or other mineral tastes), we recommend you consider using bottled water or water from a filtration system. For best results, carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using any water filtration system.
- Customize Your Flavor & Brew — With many K-Cup ® pod varieties your brewer provides endless customization options – so that you can create the size beverage that is perfect for you. For a strong, intense flavor, select an Extra Bold K-Cup ® pod (with up to 30% more ground coffee than regular varieties).
- Remove K-Cup ® Pod After Use — Please refer to page 6 for brewing instructions.
- The Drip Tray — Any liquid overflow (from your cup or from the Water Tank) will be caught in the Drip Tray. Be sure to empty the Drip Tray when the red Drip Tray Overflow Indicator pops up.
- Brewing into a Tall Mug — To brew into a tall mug, simply remove the Drip Tray Assembly and place the tall mug on the Drip Tray Base.
- Automatic Shut-Off — As a safety feature, your brewer will shut off automatically when it is idle for longer than 90 seconds. Simply press the Power Button to restart.
- Clean Your Brewer Regularly — To keep your brewer looking and performing at its best, be sure to clean the external and internal components on a regular basis. Refer to page 9 for more information.
- Descaling — Depending on the mineral content of the water in your area, calcium deposits or scale may build up in your brewer. Scale is non-toxic but left unattended, it can hinder brewer performance. Descaling your brewer helps maintain the heating element and other internal parts of the brewer that come in contact with water. Refer to page 10 for more information.
- Storing — When storing your brewer, empty the Drip Tray. Follow the instructions on page 10 for emptying the Water Tank. Store your brewer upright in a safe, dry, frost-free environment.
Refer to page 11 for more information.
Unpacking the Brewer
- Place the brewer box on a large steady surface (such as a table or countertop) or on the floor. Open the box.
- Turn the box on its side with the front of the box face down.
- Reach into the box and grasp the plastic bag that contains the brewer.
- Carefully pull the plastic bag (and packaging materials) toward you and out of the box. The brewer will still be encased in the polyfoam and be on its side.
- Remove the top polyfoam packaging material.
- Carefully lift the brewer off of the bottom polyfoam and place it upright on a flat, steady surface.
- Lift plastic bag off of brewer.
- Record the serial number for this brewer on page 3 of this guide. The serial number can be found on the bottom of the brewer box or on the brewer behind the Drip Tray (when removed).
- Place the brewer upright on a flat, steady surface and remove the tape. We recommend you save all packing materials in case future shipping of the product is necessary.
WARNING: Keep all plastic bags away from children.
|A. Water Tank||H. Drip Tray Plate|
|B. Water Tank Lid||I. Drip Tray|
|C. PLACE CUP Light (Green)||J. Cup Sensors|
|D. HEATING Light (Red)||K. PRESS TO OPEN Button|
|E. BREW Button||L. Funnel|
|F. Handle||M. K-Cup ® Pod Holder (L and M are the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly)|
|G. Power Button||N. K-Cup|
IMPORTANT: You cannot use your Keurig ® brewer until it has been set up for its ﬁrst use.
NOTE: If the brewer has been exposed to temperatures below freezing, allow the brewer at least two hours to reach room temperature before brewing. A frozen or extremely cold brewer will not operate.
Ready to Brew Your First Cup
NOTE: Before making your first beverage, perform an initial cleansing brew.
Follow the steps below, skipping steps 4 and 5. The initial cleansing brew is performed without a K-Cup ® pod.
- Plug the power cord into an independent, grounded outlet.
- Make sure the brewer is plugged in. Press the Power button found on the front of the brewer.
- Press the PRESS TO OPEN Button on top of the brewer (fig. 1).
- Select a K-Cup ® pod. Do not remove the foil lid or puncture the K-Cup ® pod.
- Insert the K-Cup ® pod into the K-Cup ® Pod Holder.CAUTION: There are two sharp needles that puncture the K-Cup ® pod, one above the K-Cup ® Pod Holder and the other at the bottom of the K-Cup ® Pod Holder. To avoid the risk of injury, do not put your fingers in the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly (fig. 2).
- Lower the Handle completely and firmly to close the Lid.
- The Water Tank Lid will open automatically.
- Fill the Water Tank with filtered or bottled water up to the FILL LEVEL indicator (approximately 8 oz.)(fig. 3).
- Close the Water Tank Lid. The PLACE CUP Light will flash.
- Place a 10 oz. mug on the Drip Tray Plate.
NOTE: Do not use a clear, glass mug. The Cup sensor will not “read” the glass mug and the PLACE CUP Light will flash.
- Press the flashing BREW Button (fig. 4). The HEATING light will be illuminated.
- When the water reaches the correct temperature (less than three minutes), the HEATING Light will go off and the beverage will start to dispense.
- Enjoy your beverage! Your brewer is ready to use again or you can power it off.NOTE: If completing the initial cleansing brew, discard hot water into the sink. Your brewer is ready to use again.
NOTE: As a safety feature, the brewer automatically shuts off after 90 seconds.
Brewing Iced Beverage
Your iced tea and iced coffee taste best when fresh-brewed hot over ice.
- Fill a 16 oz. cup (do not use glass) to the top with ice and place a K-Cup® pod into your brewer.
- Press the BREW Button.
- Stir and enjoy!
IMPORTANT: Do not brew into a cup made of glass. Doing so may cause the glass to crack or break.
Brewing Hot Water
Your brewer is able to produce hot water for use in cooking, making soups, oatmeal, etc. Simply press the PRESS TO OPEN Button and lower the Handle without adding a K-Cup ® pod. Fill the Water Tank with filtered or bottled water up to the FILL LEVEL indicator and close the Water Tank Lid. Place a 10 oz. mug on the Drip Tray Plate and press the flashing BREW Button.
SECTION 2 Menu Controls and Indicators
- Power Button — is used to turn the brewer on/off.
- BREW Button — is used to start a brew and is ready to be pressed once the blue light starts flashing around the BREW Button.
- The PLACE CUP Indicator — flashes with a green light just before a brew cycle is about to begin. Place a 10 oz. mug on the Drip Tray when you see this light.
- The HEATING Indicator — flashes with a RED light when the water is being heated up for a brew. This will take two to three minutes.
SECTION 3 Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning External Parts
IMPORTANT: Make sure the brewer is unplugged before cleaning. Regular cleaning of the brewer’s external components is recommended.
- Never immerse the brewer in water or other liquids. The housing and other external components may be cleaned with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth.
- The Drip Tray can accumulate 8 oz. of liquid. The Drip Tray and Drip Tray Plate should be periodically inspected and cleaned with a damp, soapy, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. The Drip Tray and Drip Tray Plate should not be put into the dishwasher. To remove the Drip Tray, simply slide it toward you, keeping it level at all times to avoid spilling.
Cleaning the K-Cup® Pod Holder Assembly
- Cleaning the Parts — The K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly can be placed onto the top shelf of a dishwasher.
NOTE: Use low-temperature cycles in the dishwasher or wash with warm soapy water. To remove the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly from the brewer open the cover by pressing the PRESS TO OPEN Button. Grasp the top of the K- Cup ® Pod Holder with one hand while pushing up on the bottom of the K-Cup ® Pod Holder from underneath with the other until it releases (fig. 5). After cleaning, align the K-Cup ® Pod Holder with the opening using the two front ribs as a guide, and snap it into place from the top.
- Cleaning the Funnel — The Funnel can be removed from the K-Cup ® Pod Holder by pulling on it until it snaps off (fig. 6). The Funnel is dishwasher safe. To replace it, just snap it back onto the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly.
- Cleaning the exit needle — The exit needle is located on the inside bottom of the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly. Should a clog arise due to coffee grinds, it can be cleaned using a paper clip or similar tool. Remove K-Cup ® Pod Holder assembly and detach Funnel.
Insert the paper clip (fig. 6) into the needle to loosen the clog and push it out. The K-Cup ® Pod Holder is dishwasher safe.
CAUTION: There are sharp needles that puncture the K-Cup ® pod above the K-Cup ® Pod Holder and at the bottom of the K-Cup ® Pod Holder. To avoid the risk of injury, do not put your fingers in the K-Cup ® Pod Holder Assembly.
Descaling Your Brewer
Depending on the mineral content of your water, calcium deposits or scale may build up in your brewer. Scale is non-toxic but if left unattended can hinder brewer performance. Regularly descaling your brewer every 3-6 months helps maintain the heating element and other internal parts that come in contact with water. Calcium deposits may build up faster, making it necessary to descale more often.
Before you begin, you will need a large ceramic mug, freshwater, descale solution, and access to a sink. Do not use a paper cup.
Properly follow the descaling procedure.
STEP 1: FIRST DESCALING SOLUTION RINSE
- Turn on your brewer.
- Press the PRESS TO OPEN Button but do not add a K-Cup ® pod. Immediately lower the Handle to open the Water Tank Lid.
- Pour one-third (4.6 oz.) of Keurig ™ Descaling Solution into the Water Tank then add fresh water to the FILL LEVEL Indicator.
- Place a large ceramic mug on the Drip Tray Plate. Do not use a paper cup.
- Lower the Handle and press the BREW Button.
- Discard the hot contents into the sink.
STEP 2: SECOND DESCALING SOLUTION RINSE
- Repeat bullets 1 through 5 above.
SECTION 3 Cleaning and Maintenance (continued)
- After pressing the BREW Button, just after the brewer starts to dispense, press the Power Button to turn the brewer off. Allow the brewer to sit for at least 30 minutes. Power off the brewer just after it starts to dispense and then allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes have passed, place the mug on the Drip Tray Plate and press the BREW Button. DO NOT USE A K-CUP ® POD
- Discard the hot contents into the sink.
- If you can still see the scale in the Water Tank, repeat Step 2.
STEP 3: FRESHWATER RINSE
- Repeat Step 1 (three times) substituting the Descaling Solution for 8 oz. of fresh water each time.
- You may need to perform additional Fresh Water Rinse cycles if you notice any residual taste.
NOTE: The cleaning action of Keurig ™ Descaling Solution may result in a foam dispensed from the brewer. This is natural, as the solution is reacting with the scale inside. For a brewer that is heavily scaled, the brewer may not fill properly after the descaler is added. If this occurs, you may see only a small or no output dispensed followed by the sound of air blowing out. If this occurs:
- Turn off and unplug the brewer.
- Plug the brewer back in, power on, and repeat the Step 3 Fresh Water Rinse cycle. The brewer should begin to function normally as the solution is rinsed out and the scale is removed. If the problem persists, allow the brewer to sit unplugged for at least 30 minutes before continuing with the rinse.
For further descaling information please contact your Keurig Authorized Distributor.
Cleaning the Water Tank
To access the Water Tank, press the PRESS TO OPEN Button and then lower the Handle completely, the Water Tank Lid will pop open. Inspect the Water Tank area and clean with a damp, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth as necessary. Close the Water Tank Lid when finished.
Emptying the Water Tank
- Ensure that the Water Tank Lid is closed.
- Place a cup on the Drip Tray Plate then press and hold the BREW Button until all the water has been dispensed.
NOTE: There will be a delay of four to five seconds before water starts to dispense.
Empty the Water Tank before storing and ensure that you store your brewer in a safe and frost-free environment. It is suggested to store your brewer in the upright position. If you store the brewer in a cold environment, you run the risk of condensation freezing inside the brewer and causing damage.
When you prepare to use it after storage, we recommend wiping the Water
Tank with a damp, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth and running three cleansing brews without a K-Cup ® pod.
If the brewer has been in an environment below freezing, please be sure to let it warm to room temperature for two hours before using.
Beyond these recommended cleaning and maintenance procedures this brewer is not user-serviceable, for service please refer to the Warranty section in this guide.
SECTION 4 Troubleshooting
|Brewer does not have power||• Plug brewer into an independent outlet.
• Check to be sure that it is plugged in securely.
• Make sure the Power Button is pressed and is illuminated.
• Reset circuit breaker if necessary.
• Plug into a different outlet.
|Brewer will not brew when used for the first time||• If the brewer is cold/frozen, wait for at least two hours for it to reach room temperature before powering on.|
|Brewer will not brew||• Check to make sure there is water in the Water Tank.
• Place a mug on the Drip Tray Plate.
• Check to be sure you are not using a clear, glass mug. The Cup sensor will not “read” the glass mug and the PLACE CUP Light will flash.
|Brewing a partial cup||• The exit needle may be clogged (refer to page 9).
• Clean the K-Cup ® Pod Holder if necessary and rinse under the faucet (refer to page 9).
• Descale the brewer (refer to page 9).
• If you have repeated the descaling procedure on your brewer two times and the brewer is still not brewing, contact Customer Service at 1.888.CUP.BREW (287.2739).
|Brewer shuts off automatically||• Check to make sure that there is a mug on the Drip Tray Plate.|
SECTION 5 Warranty
Limited One-Year Warranty
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that its brewer will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal use for one-year from the date of purchase. Keurig, a Keurig Authorized Distributor or Service Agent will, at their option, repair or replace a defective brewer or brewer parts under this warranty without charge upon its receipt of proof of the date of purchase. If a replacement brewer is necessary to service this warranty, the replacement brewer may be new or reconditioned.
If a replacement brewer or parts are sent, a new limited one-year warranty will be applied to the replacement brewer or parts. This warranty only applies to brewers operated in the United States and Canada. This warranty gives the original purchaser specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and, in the case of Canada, from province to province. If you obtained this brewer through sale or rental from a Keurig Authorized Distributor, you may also want to refer to your distributor’s
warranty policies. Only the use of Keurig HOT ™ K-Cup® brand pods and accessories will guarantee the proper functioning and lifetime of Keurig ® K-Cup ® brewer. Any damage to or malfunction of your brewer resulting from the use of non-Keurig HOT ™ -Cup ® brand pods and accessories may not be covered by this warranty or may result in a service fee if the damage or malfunction is determined to be caused by such use.
What is not covered by the Limited Warranty?
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES SUCH AS PROPERTY DAMAGE AND DOES NOT COVER INCIDENTAL COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you depending on the state or province of purchase. Nor does this warranty cover damages caused by use of non-Keurig HOT ™ K-Cup ® brand pods or accessories, services performed by anyone other than Keurig or its authorized service providers, use of parts other than genuine Keurig ® parts, or external causes such as abuse, misuse, inappropriate power supply, or acts of God.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL. IN ADDITION, KEURIG HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR K130 BREWER, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states or provinces do not allow disclaimers of such implied warranties or limitations
on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you depending on the state or the province of purchase.
How do you obtain warranty service?
Keurig ® brewers are high-quality appliances and, with proper care, are intended to provide years of satisfying performance. However, should the need arise for warranty servicing; simply call your Keurig Authorized Distributor (KAD) who originally sold you the brewer or your Keurig Authorized Service Provider (KASP) for full support. To be reconnected with your KAD or KASP, please call Keurig at 1.888.CUP.BREW (287.2739)
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
33 Coffee Lane
Waterbury, VT 05676
To learn more about Keurig, visit www.Keurig.com or call 1.888.CUP.BREW (287.2739)
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
33 Coffee Lane
Waterbury, VT 05676
For Commercial Use Only
Pour utilisation commerciale seulement
© 2016 Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
All rights reserved
P/N 60-201418-000 Rev D