levoit Core 300 True HEPA Air Purifier User Manual
- 1 x Air Purifier
- 1 x True HEPA 3-Stage Original Filter (Pre-Installed)
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Quick Start Guide
|Power Supply||AC 220-240V, 50Hz|
|Effective Range||40 m2 / 431 ft2|
|CADR (CFM)||187 rns/h|
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: -10°C-40°C / 14°F-104°F|
|Humidity: < 85% RH|
|Standby Power||< 0.8W|
|Dimensions||22 x 22 x 36 cm / 8.7 x 8.7 x 14.2 in|
|Weight||3.4 kg / 7.5 lb|
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or other injury, follow all instructions and safety guidelines.
- Only use your air purifier as described in this manual.
- Do not use without removing the plastic wrap from the filter. The purifier will not filter air, and may overheat, causing a fire hazard.
- Do not use your air purifier outdoors.
- Keep your air purifier away from water, and wet or damp areas. Never place in water or liquid.
- Do not use in excessively humid areas.
- Keep your air purifier away from heat sources.
- Do not use where combustible gases, vapours, metallic dust, aerosol (spray) products, or fumes from industrial oil are present.
- Keep 1.5 m / 5 ft away from where oxygen is being administered.
- Supervise children when they are near the air purifier.
- Do not place anything into any opening on the air purifier.
- Do not sit or place heavy objects on the air purifier.
- Keep the inside of the air purifier dry. To prevent moisture buildup, avoid placing in rooms with major temperature changes or underneath air conditioners.
- Always unplug your air purifier before servicing (such as changing the filter).
- Do not use your air purifier if it is damaged or not working correctly, or if the cord or plug is damaged. Do not try to repair it yourself. Contact Customer Support (see 18).
- WARNING: Do not use this air purifier with solid-state speed controls (such as a dimmer switch).
- Not for commercial use. Household use only.
Power and Cord
- Keep air purifier near the outlet it is plugged into.
- Never place the cord near any heat source.
- Do not cover the cord with a rug, carpet, or other covering. Do not place the cord under furniture or appliances.
- Keep the cord out of areas where people walk often. Place the cord where it will not be tripped over.
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR AIR PURIFIER
- A. Fan Speed Indicators
- B. Fan Speed Button
- C. Sleep Mode Indicator/Button
- D. Timer Button
- E. Timer Indicators
- F. On/Off Button
- G. Display Lock Button
- H. Check Filter Indicator
- I. Display Off Button
- J. Air Outlet
- K. Housing
- L. Air Inlet
- M. Anti-Skid Pads
- N. Filter Cover
- O. True HEPA 3-Stage Original Filter
- Turns the air purifier on/off.
Fan Speed Button
- Cycles through fan speeds: I (low), II (medium), and III (high).
Sleep Mode Button
- Turns Sleep Mode on/off (see page 11).
- Cycles through timer options (see page 11).
Display Lock Button
- Prevents current settings from being changed (see page 11).
Check Filter Indicator
- Lights up when the filter should be checked (see page 14).
Display Off Button
- Turns the display off.
- Tap any button (except ) to turn the display back on.
- Flip the air purifier over. Twist the filter cover anticlockwise and remove it. [Figure 1.1]
- Remove the filter from its plastic packaging and place the filter back into the purifier with the handle facing up. [Figure 1.2]
- Replace the filter cover and twist clockwise to lock. [Figure 1.3]
- Place the purifier on a flat, stable surface with the display facing up. Allow at least 38 cm / 15 in of clearance on all sides of the purifier. Keep away from anything that would block airflow, such as curtains. [Figure 1.4]
USING YOUR AIR PURIFIER
- Plug in and tap to turn on the air purifier. The fan will start on level I. [Figure 2.1]
- Optionally, tap to change fan speed between I, II, and III.
- The indicators are not buttons and cannot be used to change the fan speed.
- The fan speed indicators will light up when active.
- Fan speed III is the loudest, but cleans air the quickest.
- For best results, or to address a specific air quality issue such as smoke, run the air purifier at high speed (level III) for 15–20 minutes before using a lower speed.
- To effectively clean air, keep windows and doors closed while the air purifier is on.
- . Tap to turn off the air purifier.
When the air purifier is plugged in, it will remember its previous fan speed setting.
Note: The air purifier will not remember timers or Sleep Mode
Sleep Mode operates quietly by using the lowest possible fan speed.
Tap to turn Sleep Mode on/off.
- All indicators will be at half brightness while Sleep Mode is on.
- Tapping will exit Sleep Mode.
You can set a timer for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours.
- Tap repeatedly to select a time. The timer will start automatically
- The indicators are not buttons and cannot be used to select a time.
- The timer indicators will light up blue when active.
- Once the timer has finished, the air purifier will turn off.
- To cancel a timer, tap until all timer indicators are off.
- You can change the fan speed at any time while the timer is on.
- The timer will restart if the time is changed.
Locking the display prevents settings from being accidentally changed. Buttons will not respond to being tapped.
- Tap and hold for 3 seconds to lock/ unlock the display.
Note: You can turn the display on and off even if the display is locked.
ABOUT THE FILTER
The air purifier uses a 3-stage filtration system to purify air.
- Captures large particles such as dust, lint, fibres, hair, and pet fur.
- Maximises the filter’s life by protecting it.
- B. True HEPA Original Filter
- Removes at least 99.97% of airborne particles 0.3 micrometres (µm) in diameter.
- Filters small particles such as mould spores, tiny dust particles, parts of smoke, and allergens such as pollen, dander, and mites.
- C. High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
- Physically adsorbs smoke, odours, and fumes.
- Filters compounds such as formaldehyde, benzene, ammonia, hydrogen sulphide, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Clean Air Delivery Rate
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) measures the efficiency of an air purifier by indicating the volume of clean air that an air purifier produces per minute. This is based on removal of dust, pollen, and smoke, which are the 3 most common indoor air pollutants. The higher the CADR, the more particles the air purifier will remove and the larger the area it can clean. The rating is measured at the air purifier’s highest speed.
Air Change per Hour
The air change rate is how many times all of the air in a room can be purified (or “changed”) by the air purifier in 1 hour. Air changes per hour are calculated on the recommended room size assuming 2.4 m / 8 ft ceilings. For smaller rooms, the air change per hour will increase. The Core 300 has an air change per hour of 5, which means it can change air 5 times at the max speed. This purifier is suggested for use in a single, closed room up to 40 m² / 431 ft².
Note: To effectively clean air, keep windows and doors closed while the air purifier is on.
Moisture may damage the filter. This air purifier should be used in an area with a humidity level below 85% RH. If you use the air purifier in excessively humid areas, the surface of the filter will become mouldy
Note: Water or moisture will allow mould to grow. Air purifiers cannot solve an existing mould problem, only remove mould spores and reduce odours.
Do not add essential oils to the air purifier or filter. The filter will become damaged by the oil and will eventually release an unpleasant smell. Do not use oil diffusers near the air purifier.
LEVOIT REPLACEMENT FILTERS
Choose the filter best suited to the environment of your home.
Note: Your air purifier comes with an Original Filter included.
- Core 300-RF
Levoit True HEPA 3-Stage Original Filter Amazon ASIN: B07S8NM4Q9
Traps fine particles such as dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mould, and bacteria while neutralising common household smells such as pet odours or cooking smells.
Best used for: allergies, dust, and minor odours
- Core 300-RF-PA
Levoit True HEPA 3-Stage Pet Allergy Filter Amazon ASIN: B07SDPHJ19
Get all the benefits of the Original Filter, but with the high-efficiency activated carbon filter which is very effective for strong smells, and is customised for pet odours and cooking smells.
Best used for: pet allergies, bad-smelling rooms
- Core 300-RF-TX
Levoit True HEPA 3-Stage Toxin Absorber Filter
Amazon ASIN: B07S6MSC1T
Get all the benefits of the Original Filter, but with the high-efficiency activated carbon filter which is very effective for strong smells, and is customized for air pollution, cigarette smoke, vehicle exhaust, toxic gases and fumes, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and smoke from wildfires.
Best used for: high air pollution, smoke
- Core 300-RF-MB
Levoit True HEPA 4-Stage Mold and Bacteria Filter
Amazon ASIN: B07SCZ46N2
Get the benefits of the Original Filter, but with an additional antibacterial treatment which is very effective for trapping and neutralizing bacteria and mould spores.
Best used for: mould, bacteria, and musty environments
CARE and MAINTENANCE
Cleaning the Air Purifier
- Unplug before cleaning.
- Wipe the outside of the air purifier with a soft, dry cloth. If necessary, wipe the housing with a damp cloth, then immediately dry.
- Vacuum the inside of the air purifier.
- Do not clean with abrasive chemicals or flammable cleaning agents.
Check Filter Indicator
will light up as a reminder to check the filter. Depending on how much you use the air purifier, the indicator should turn on within 6–8 months. You may not need to replace your filter yet, but you should check it when turns on.
Cleaning the Filter
The outer pre-filter should be cleaned every 2–4 weeks to increase the efficiency and extend the life of your filter. Clean the pre-filter using a soft brush or vacuum hose to remove hair, dust, and large particles. [Figure 3.1] Do not clean the filter with water or other liquids.
|Filter||When to Clean||How to Clean||When to Replace|
|Pre-Filter||Every 2–4 weeks||Use a soft brush or vacuum hose [Figure 3.1]||6–8 months|
|True HEPA & Activated Carbon Filte||Do not clean|
When Should I Replace the Filter?
The filter should be replaced every 6–8 months. You may need to replace your filter earlier or later depending on how often you use your air purifier. Using your air purifier in an environment with relatively high pollution may mean you will need to replace the filter more often, even if is off.
You may need to replace your filter if you notice:
- Increased noise when the air purifier is on
- Decreased airflow
- Unusual odours
- A visibly clogged filter
- To maintain the performance of your air purifier, only use official Levoit filters. To buy replacement filters, go to Amazon and search B07S8NM4Q9.
- Remember to reset after changing the filter.
Replacing the Filter
- Unplug the air purifier. Flip the air purifier over and remove the filter cover (see Getting Started, 9).
- Remove the old filter.
- Clean out any remaining dust or hair inside the purifier using a vacuum hose. Do not use water or liquids to clean the purifier. [Figure 3.2]
- Unwrap the new filter and place it into the housing (see Getting Started, 9).
- Replace the cover. Plug in the air purifier.
- Reset the Check Filter Indicator (see 14).
If not using the air purifier for an extended period of time, wrap both the purifier and the filter in plastic packaging and store in a dry place to avoid moisture damage.
|Air purifier will not turn on or respond to button controls.||Plug in the air purifier|
|Check to see if the power cord is damaged. If it is, stop using the air purifier and contact Customer Support (see 18).|
|Plug the air purifier into a different outlet.|
|The air purifier is malfunctioning. Contact Customer Support (see 18).|
|Airflow is significantly reduced.||Make sure the filter is removed from its packaging and properly in place (see page 9).|
|Tap to increase the fan speed.|
|Leave 38 cm / 15 in of clearance on all sides of the air purifier.|
|air purifier. The pre-filter may be clogged by large particles, such as hair or lint, blocking airflow. Clean the pre-filter (see 14).|
|Replace the filter (see 15).|
|Air purifier makes an unusual noise while the fan is on.||Make sure the filter is properly in place with plastic packaging removed (see page 6).|
|Make sure the air purifier is operating on a hard, flat, even surface.|
|Replace the filter (see 15).|
|The air purifier may be damaged, or a foreign object may be inside. Stop using the air purifier and contact Customer Support (see 18). Do not try to repair the air purifier.|
|Strange smell coming from the purifier.||Clean the filter or replace if necessary.|
|Contact Customer Support (see 18).|
|Make sure not to use your purifier in an area with high humidity or while diffusing essential oils.|
|Poor air purification quality||Tap to increase the fan speed.|
|Make sure no objects are blocking the sides or top of the air purifier (the inlet or outlet).|
|Make sure the filter is removed from its packaging and properly in place (see page 9).|
|Close doors and windows while using the air purifier.|
|Make sure the room is smaller than 40 m² / 431 ft². The air purifier may not be as effective in larger rooms.|
|Replace the filter (see 15).|
|is still on after replacing the filter.||Reset the Check Filter Indicator (see 14).|
|has not turned on within 8 months.||is a reminder for you to check the filter and will light up based on how much the air purifier has been used (see 14). If you don’t use your air purifier often, will take longer to turn on.|
|turned on before 6 months.||is a reminder for you to check the filter and will light up based on how much the air purifier has been used (see 14). If you run your air purifier frequently, will turn on sooner.|
If your problem is not listed, please contact Customer Support (see 18).
Terms & Policy
Arovast Corporation warrants all products to be of the highest quality in material, craftsmanship, and service for 2 years, effective from the date of purchase to the end of the warranty period. Warranty lengths may vary between product categories.
If you have any questions or concerns about your new product, please contact our helpful Customer Support Team.
1202 N. Miller St., Suite A
Anaheim, CA 92806
Email: s[email protected]
Please have your order invoice and order ID ready before contacting Customer Support.